Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

So, when will the update be there? I mean, they could aswell say it, but no, they want to hype us into logging in daily ...

Rough estimation based on past update times - approximately 12 to 18 hours from now, with an added variability range of +/- 3 hours.

This is why stories set in the Mythos span many authors and are even still being written or borrowed from today.  It also means that the names and concepts are up for grabs for use in other things.   Like say naming a Water based Warframe "Dagon" after Father Dagon Lord of the Deep.

Lovecraft couldn't have a copyrighted that anyway, Dagon was a Babylonian god Lovecraft appropriated. ^_^

Lovecraft couldn't have a copyrighted that anyway, Dagon was a Babylonian god Lovecraft appropriated. ^_^

Iyou are right, but sadly something existing previously doesn't automatically preclude some $&*^bag copyrighting it (or trying to).  See also King and the great Candy copyright caper.

However, interestingly the Mythos was something of "pop culture's" first shared universe/continuity.  Before either of those things were really a thing (it was and the majority still is largely regarded as pulp fiction and not literature).

More to the point and on topic, if you want some scary things about or from water the Mythos has it for you. 

About the whole "water isn't intimidating"

Look up ocean storms.

The sea HAS and WILL swallow ships whole. 

This frame could be pretty horrifying if done right- especially for those with aquaphobia.

And devastated populations. and being home to the ugliest creatures in the world.

I'm upset. I thought the new water warframe would resemble Spongebob.

Don't forget "heart" frame, with their powers combined they make captain planet frame!

Many lulz.

Where mah Trident skins for Orthos?

NEED NEW WEAPON FOR HIM YESSSSS!

I do hope it's actual crossbow not rapidfire dartgun.

Ballistica says hi.

oh my god... no way this is coincidence.

There's been a lot of putting 'water' in quotation marks for him. I'm not sure he'll actually have water powers, but will be more focused around the kind of mysteries/dangers of the ocean - so something a bit akin to Nyx, maybe, but with a more violent twist.

There's been a lot of putting 'water' in quotation marks for him. I'm not sure he'll actually have water powers, but will be more focused around the kind of mysteries/dangers of the ocean - so something a bit akin to Nyx, maybe, but with a more violent twist.

I'm guessing all his powers deal with h2o but are all very different. so like, powers based off of steam, torrents, weather

On the stream they said it's a mix element, I'm thinking Ac!d or a "shocking" touch...

Who knows, we'll see tomorrow!

I think they meant more of a mixed theme. So Water and something else, like Pirate or Samurai. Like how Banshee is Sound and a Sniper.

I think that either form of ability would really keep up with the whole Cthulu look that this warframe gives, so I'd actually like either one. I just hope this stacks up with the radial abilities of other warframes.

this is supposed to follow the new grineer tileset, i think its sad cause corpus dont have much compared to grineer

There also isn't very much lore following the Corpus. Keep in mind the Corpus don't seem to have much enemy variety compared to the Grineer, I'd be cool to see how much more the future of the Corpus has in store.