Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

The new Frame looks great!

If they get the water based powers right, they should be visually impressive and very dominant with large groups of enemies.

For a name I would suggest: Proteus.

In Greek mythologyProteus (/ˈprəʊtɪəs/GreekΠρωτεύς) is an early sea-god or god of rivers and oceanic bodies of water, one of several deities whom Homer calls the "Old Man of the Sea".[1] Some who ascribe to him a specific domain call him the god of "elusive sea change", which suggests the constantly changing nature of the sea or the liquid quality of water in general. He can foretell the future, but, in a mytheme familiar to several cultures, will change his shape to avoid having to; he will answer only to someone who is capable of capturing him. From this feature of Proteus comes the adjective protean, with the general meaning of "versatile", "mutable", "capable of assuming many forms". "Protean" has positive connotations of flexibility, versatility and adaptability.

Thank you Wikipedia, lol.

Edited by 13thOkami

Well, how about if the Ocean-guy is not water-frame at all? what if he possesses the power to bend mud or water plants? or even sea sand and phobos' stingrays? as I haven't noticed a lot of water on grineer asteroids... And his name is Tentaclor with the powers to summon a giant octopus and grow tentacles from the mud.

I already tried something similar to this https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/206019-if-your-tenno-andor-staff-and-have-a-moment/?view=getnewpost

As soon as i find out what it looks like in game and what its powers are i'll tell you.

From what i've seen looks cool can't wait to see alt helmets and test out colour schemes.

I WANNA MAKE IT FABULICIOUS.

his one is terrible, i mean when you compare it to ember's for example, it just lacks in comparison and ember isn't even good,

then there's his two, this one is a bit more complicated, i mean it's no frost snowglobe before the nerf but it's still quite useful, the big problem is that it seems to lock you into having this skill because everyone will want it for certain missions, and it just doesn't fit with your other skills as much (like frost snowglobe who is so defensive when you see the rest of his skills.

so we may see two-ers and this may eventually receive a nerf, even though it's only useful in specific instances.

his 3 is crap, even nekros' terrify is better, and terrify stinks, who designed that skill? when are you even supposed to use it? no reason at all to keep it in the keyboard.

his 4 is ok, nothing special, at least it's not like mag where enemies will start shooting at you the very moment you finish the attack, even if the animation hasn't.

as for the frame itself, i don't like that spread of stats, he's too slow, i get it that he's supposed to be tanky, get into the enemy lines and unleash hell from there, but with that speed, n even the zorens will help him.

...no seriously, what kind of opinions did you expect?

He has a goddamn cutlass! A cutlass! Ninja's will now be pirates, hell ya! And ya I was hoping for Typhus too :( But in all seriousness I am totally gonna be listening to Alestrom (pirate metal) and going to town with him on Wednesday.

Edited by Sedant