The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity's Link And Self Inflicted Damage.

BiancaRoughfin

So, today came the Catalyst mission and quickly i joined it to get the blueprint. Entered the game me and other two players until there was only about more 13 waves then a fourth player comes by, a Trinity equiped with the Castanas, probably fully formed and so.

Around wave 9 i started to notice the player had LINK active the whole time and i kept hearing the sound of Castanas exploding and mobs that were linked in front of me dieing out of nowhere then turned to the trinity.

The player was using Link then detonating the Castanas on its own feet, causing the damage inflicted on its self to be done to the mobs linked. This effect allowed the player to kill many mobs, even those out of its sight range or on the other side of stones and walls.

So i ask, should this technique be considered an exploit and fixed, having self inflicted damage do 100% damage to your self and nothing to the enemies when Link is active?

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

It's always been a thing, in order to pull that off you need to run rage and always be at risk of being downed (or drained of energy after a QT+R combo), I think it's fine.

You should have been around for when Torid damaged you ^^

or you know.. just use link with bless.

Using our abilities in a smart and ingenious way doesn't seem wrong to me.

True, but I believe the point of this thread was to ask if it was intended that way.

Because if the castanas aren't supposed to do that, that would make this a bug report.... I think.

You are a Grandmaster Founder and have never seen this strategy used before now? When I discovered that it could be done I thought it was a really interesting function; you can change how you damage enemies with Link based on what weapon you are using to hit yourself.

I think Blessing needs to be toned down, along with how enemies can infinitely scale (if you do one without the other, something will be broken), but this isn't a combination that's in itself gamebreaking.

You know what, for every unique working stratagem found in Warframe, definitely one guy has to get jelly. It sure has to be reported as some sort of exploit or bug nowadays, isn't it? I suggest you build a trinity first then play it.

Primary Weapon: Ogris/Penta + Blessing + Link = Old School

Secondary Weapon: Castanas + Blessing + Link = Innovation

Melee Weapon: N/A + Blessing + Link = Valkyr

Need common sense? I think you have so much plat to buy it. Good day!

You know what, for every unique working stratagem found in Warframe, definitely one guy has to get jelly. It sure has to be reported as some sort of exploit or bug nowadays, isn't it? I suggest you build a trinity first then play it.

Primary Weapon: Ogris/Penta + Blessing + Link = Old School

Secondary Weapon: Castanas + Blessing + Link = Innovation

Melee Weapon: N/A + Blessing + Link = Valkyr

Need common sense? I think you have so much plat to buy it. Good day!

+1. OP you're a grandmaster and you don't know this stratagem existed long time ago? A few people like this guy above innovated it from primary weapons to secondary weapon. Unconventional builds make the most out of Warframe's real advance gameplay. From what I see, you're the first mainstream "grandmaster" player asking for trinity to get indirect nerfs, you need to eat more rice good sir.