The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Final Showdown Megathread (Victory & Never Forget Edition)

Letter13

Technically, MMObomb will not remove the ip addresses with around 1-5 votes because some family or friends might share the same ip address as you.

Erf, let's not give our less honorable Tenno any ideas.

Poll procedure criticism:

The choice to hide vote percentages is an interesting one to me, on the one hand it it should reduce the drama and limit any more outbreaks like the last round. Combine that with the daily reports and you can still get a little feedback on the scores.

The trouble comes in that the reason people took part so actively was that we could see the scores updating live, now this tense atmosphere is what primarily sparked off the flamewar last time and ye its also what encouraged so many people to take part, perhaps too much due to the very controversial involvement of 3rd parties.

In all honesty though i think they should have done this from the start or not at all, ofcourse its inevitable there will be some form of conflict especially in these late rounds but the actual planning for such situations seems non existent. I'm somewhat glad they opted to hide the vote counts as it lower the intensity of any further flame wars but i must so it certainly lowers morale for involvement too.

I hope they plan out more countermeasures for the next one to prevent the same situation, though after seeing what it did to both sides on the Mabi WF poll I'm somewhat hopeful it doesnt return or atleast does so with much more planning.

Actual poll comments:

That said all we can do for now is to always assume we are the lower number in the announcements and give it our all for voting. We also have the advantage of trackable increase if we get Redtext again, once any official notification is made i would expect one number to spike significantly, it should be safe to assume whichever one spikes more is ours.

Edited by Jag272

The best move for us (like many posted above), is to always assume that we are losing this poll.

And what happened last poll, use that as a lesson for our behavior this time.

Keep this poll clean, no botting, and do it with honor!

The best move for us (like many posted above), is to always assume that we are losing this poll.

No need for this. Just keep pushing like there's no tomorrow.

Erf, let's not give our less honorable Tenno any ideas.

Because those polls aren't laughably trollable already. Unless it requires registration and some kiind of confirmation that there is a person doing it (and it does not), any script kiddy can whip together a script that auto-votes X and then changes IP (various anonimity services like say Tor allow that to happen).

And if it sounds hard to you, please note that you only need 1 or 2 of these guys to properly win or lose.

i think people who dont go to forum isn't aware of the continuation of this poll.

they just saw it in game yesterday via redtext and news. vote. done. and then being ignorant again.

i think the hype about this final poll is very low.

The hype is very low because they don't let us know the current poll results..

Makes this whole thing kinda boring.

After removal of the botting from the last round, our lead, tally-wise, had increased. Thus, if there was botting, it was mostly on the other side.

Thus, you're trying to warn the wrong side; the Tenno fights fair. But Mabinogi also, in quite a large majority, fought fair as well.

Edited by Wiegraf

After removal of the botting from the last round, our lead, tally-wise, had increased. Thus, if there was botting, it was mostly on the other side.

Thus, you're trying to warn the wrong side; the Tenno fights fair. But Mabinogi also, in quite a large majority, fought fair as well.

We had +7k at the end of this poll, then botvotes were removed - we had over 10k difference between.

We had +7k at the end of this poll, then botvotes were removed - we had over 10k difference between.

That's exactly what I said; our lead increased.

If there was an equal amount of botting on each side, the lead wouldn't have changed notably.

If the botting mainly came from our side, we'd have lost some of that lead.

If the botting mainly came from Mabinogi's side, we'd have gained more of a lead (which is what happened).

What we don't know is how much votes, total, were botted; sure, we increased our lead by about 3k after the removal of bots... but we don't know how many valid votes were left afterwards. Was 5-10k removed from each side then an extra 3 from Mabinogi's? Or did we barely lose any and the drop was right away reduced from the other side?

All we know is... there was about 3000 more botters on Mabinogi's side... Still, with the 94k votes total, that's a fairly small number. So yes, Mabinogi fought fairly for largely the most part and I commend them for it.

Edited by Wiegraf

........Oh sh@!

The general consensus from their forums was that they were voting for us, or not at all.

And MMObomb, when the don't update us at all on the scores, make it even worse.

I mean, previously, we were going a page per minute.

Now, nothing.

I think the general consensus is that the 'keep the scores hidden' plan is dumb.

Well, it's a good way to keep botting at bay; you can't 'respond' to your side losing with cheating or in-game incentives since you don't know who is leading.

But it does cut on the hype a lot. Adds more tension too.

Thus better to give it our all and, as Letter13 said, act as if we're always trailing behind.

Edited by Wiegraf

Well, it's a good way to keep botting at bay; you can't 'respond' to your side losing with cheating or in-game incentives since you don't know who is leading.

But it does cut on the hype a lot. Adds more tension too.

Thus better to give it our all and, as Letter13 said, act as if we're always trailing behind.

Its a good way to kill momentum. This right here is why the blinding pissed me off so much. 

Day 1: it is all "GO WARFRAME! RAWR!!!!"

Day 2: it is more like "so what map you running today. BTW don't forget to vote".

Day 3: "Oxium farm anyone" this poll sucks

Day 4: "New update is out in a couple days oh btw the vote ends today.  Meh"

I think the general consensus is that the 'keep the scores hidden' plan is dumb.

It's most annoying, and I think it gives us a bit of a disadvantage. Our strength in the contest has been the comeback... Tenno see we're falling behind, so they go all-out to regain the initiative. Now... well... it feels like asking for red text or for players to promote ingame would be a bit arbitrary. It's easier to match up against a foe, harder to just throw your hopes into the mist.

I can only hope that the Smite supporters will feel the same - given that we had such a large voter base last time, it must be nail-biting for them, waiting to see what numbers we muster.

It's most annoying, and I think it gives us a bit of a disadvantage. Our strength in the contest has been the comeback... Tenno see we're falling behind, so they go all-out to regain the initiative. Now... well... it feels like asking for red text or for players to promote ingame would be a bit arbitrary. It's easier to match up against a foe, harder to just throw your hopes into the mist.

I can only hope that the Smite supporters will feel the same - given that we had such a large voter base last time, it must be nail-biting for them, waiting to see what numbers we muster.

Well, MMOBomb is giving us the occasional update, so if we need to rally people, we could always just say that we are the lower percentage(which we very well may be) and that should have the same effect.