Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Feedback On Every Frame's Skills

Instinction

Loki - Make his Decoy ability copy the player's look.

Ash - Shuriken needs to be replaced completely. There is no changing it/reworking it to make it better, it just needs a completely new skill to take its place. Bladestorm can be reworked. Change the "quicktime event" look to a top down view of the whole area he is in, and speed up the animations x10. This skill should be near instant. If the skill looks too funky with the top down view or with the animation speed increased so drastically, then a complete replacement of the skill is recommended and/or a drastic change that changes the skill to being instantaneous/ near instantaneous.

Banshee - Combine Sonar with Silence and make a new stealth skill to replace Silence.

Valkyr - Paralysis needs to be completely replaced or reworked to have a different effect. It could completely drain shields for a set duration and constantly stun everything within a close radius around you that follows you as you move, similar to Ember's ult. Hysteria needs to use open-handed sweeping attacks that actually match her claws.

Nova - Null Star orbs should block damage, the amount of damage they block based on power strength and as they reach their damage limit THEN they shoot off at the nearest enemy.

Vauban - Tesla should spawn a turret that shoots electric bolts, projectiles that would be similar to Dera or Supra, but with their own twist. For the most part the effect of this skill would stay the same, but have a turret that has hp and is killable, that shoots at a longer range, and has no recharge time.

Rhino - Rhino Charge should have a more useful effect, such as, ragdolling enemies, or suspending enemies in mid-air like Rhino Stomp but obviously to a lesser degree.

Mag - Crush needs to have another effect or get a damage buff, because there is no reason to use it over Shield Polarize at this point.

Saryn -  Contagion doesn't seem to fit the bill. It's a nice melee skill to have, and really drastically increases the damage, but this skill seems more fitting on Ash. It just really doesn't seem to mesh with Saryn's other abilities.

Excalibur - Radial Javelin and Slash Dash need to interchange each others properties. By this I mean Radial Javelin should become Radial Slash Dash (please call it something better than that) where the javelins are replaced with doppelgangers of Excalibur that are doing slash-dashes with infinite range; and then Slash Dash should become Slash Javelin (again, better name) with Excalibur punching his melee into the ground, and flipping up Javelins in a frrontal cone, but the animation should be MUCH faster. Another version of Radial Javelin could be replacing the Javelins with Glaives and keeping the bouncing effect of the Glaives but giving them punch through on enemies. Super Jump just needs to be replaced entirely.

Nyx - Mind Control should buff the enemy you use it on, giving him more damage, and making them rampage/more aggresively tarrget other enemies. If you wanted to make this really great, you could give each enemy a unique skill when mind-controlled that allows them to do something they otherwise would never do (make Grineer Rocketeers self-destruct, Moa's could jump on top of enemies and pin them down while stomping their facees in, etc) Psychic Bolts should have a chance to Radiation proc, and need a damage buff to be viable.

Oberon - Smite needs to have the projectiles home in on enemies, or have a small explosive aoe. Hallowed Ground should continuously expand at a slow rate that is effected reversely like Renewal so the expansion increases with more power duration.

Nekros - Soul Punch needs a huge damage buff. This should be the strongest single target 1 skill in the game, Terrrify should not require power strenght to increase enemies it effects, it should affect all enemies inside its radius and its debuffs are only what should be affected by power strength.

Frost - Give Avalanche a freeze time like it had when it was glitched. Roll back Snow Globe. Make enemies that are frozen by Freeze not break out when damaged or give it an aoe like Ember's Fireball.

Ember  - Roll back Accelerant to Overheat. Make Fire Blast follow Ember.

Trinity - Roll back Energy Vampire to where hitting the enemy is what sends out the energy pulses, but for the whole team, instead of just the player damaging the enemy. Remove the temporary invuneralbility from Blessing.

Zephyr - Make Tornado hold enemies inside of it for the duration of the skill before launching them into the air.

Volt - Make his Energy Shield smaller, but tied to his equipped weapon like you would see on heavy turrrets in other games (if this needs more explanation I can provide picture, think HALO) so that though the hit box is smaller, the shield stays with you as you roam, while still making your weapon hitscan if it is not, and giving it the electrical damage buff.

-----

And that's it! Thanks for taking the time to read my feedback.

Edited by Instinction

Saryn - Molt needs something more, such as it exploding in a radius in a toxic debuff upon being destroyed or when the counter runs out, or just some other effect to make it more viable; I very very rarely see this skill being used. 

When was the last time you use Saryn?

Molt now proc toxic when destroyed...

Edit: And when the counter runs out.

Edited by SpilockT_T

When was the last time you use Saryn?

Molt now proc toxic when destroyed...

Edit: And when the counter runs out.

She is not my main frame and when I run her I pretty much never used Molt because of how useless it was, lol nice to know exactly what I wanted is there now though, will edit that out of the op.

About Mind control : it's fune as it is, imagine if it buffed a lvl  50 leader gunner ; it would clear the map instatnly, would be harder to kill 

Well if that leader is level 50, that means all the other enemies will scale at level 50 too, so its not really that op.

I believe leaders have a slightly higher level than normal enemies

The statement remains the same, even if there a few levels over or 10 levels over, with the damage buff, it's not just going to clearing waves of enemies by itself, and it takes more aggro when its mind controlled so enemies are going to be focusing it the more its attacking them.

I can only agree on Hysteria, Contagion and Bladestorm. The others change you proposed are either too OP(Null star... yeah giving a damage reduction skill to the most damaging frame seems totally fine. Also why not give a turret pet that draws fire away to a warframe who can put a lot of enemies in stasis or incapacitate them by sucking them all into a singularity /sarcasm) or pointless(rerolling energy vampire and bringing back overheat).

Anyway the changes on Hysteria and Bladestorm would be solid.

Edited by Melkia

Charge is an amazing ability. It's 25 energy for a lot of CC and mobility already. It's fine how it is.

Yes, because Shield Polarize really wrecks those Grineer and Infested. Crush is OK because of the rest of her toolkit. It just needs to keep enemies downed for longer because they just snap back up after the animation.

No. You are removing all of Excal's mobility and removing the flavor of the Frame. Given that your recommendation for the Ulti is identical in function, there is no reason to change that. Replacing the Javs with Glaives doesn't make flavor sense at all, and it would be better to just give the Javs punch through. And Super Jump may have issues, but replacing it entirely isn't the way to go. Adding more utility is better than getting rid of it.

Mind Control is already very strong. It doesn't need this change. Psychic Bolts, though, do need some kind of huge buff. A 100% Radiation proc would actually make them a bit more viable.

The Smite projectiles DO home in on enemies. Homing ranged affected by power range. The Hallowed Ground idea doesn't actually do much of anything for it, and a soft CC would be better for it.

Rolling back Snow Globe is dumb. It got changed for a reason. That being said, both other suggestions are pretty badly needed. Freeze has an AoE right now, but it's like 0.5m. Needs to be 5m instead or something. Avalanche also needs a significant buff.

Overheat got removed because it was way, way, way too powerful. Rolling it back is dumb. It'd be better to make Fire Blast follow Ember, then attach a weaker Overheat to Fire Blast.

No to E-Vamp change. Needs to be different than Well of Life. The Blessing invuln, however, does need some change. Complete removal would be stupid because it would make the power worthless. Maybe just make it not protect shields anymore.

Other people have suggested making it hover in front of Volt, which is a better version of this suggestion. IMO that would be better than the current shield.

Whew.

I kinda agree to all of your suggestions except Trinity. Trinity does have any damage oriented powers. so, limiting her powers to only protect health would be a bad thing to do because she has a small amount of health and armor (285 at max 30 without using vitality).

The following are reasons i think she does NOT need a nerf:

1. First and foremost its a SUPPORT only warframe, There is no point in having this warframe on the list if she cannot provide support at higher levels. (all her abilities are support oriented). At higher you shields is just like paper. bullets pass through like nothing.

2. For Blessing, she has a longer cast time (you can die during casting). And at higher levels (level 70 and above grineers) even with 'NATURAL TALENT' , you will get shot once or twice which is pretty devastating.

2. Blessing requires 100 energy (70 with streamline, 50 with a rank 1 fleeting). If you are using anything higher than Rank 2 fleeting, then there is  no point in using her because you are pretty much losing power duration.

3. You will atleast need a max Narrowminded to fully reap the benefits of Blessing (and we all know how hard it is to max out a RARE mod to rank 10 for an average player)

Anywyas to actually a build a high level Trinity Build for higher levels, you actually have to put little bit of effort and forma her 5-6 times. So, it gives the player the option to decide if he/she really wants to be good support to the team.

If according to you they limit blessing for health only (doesn't affect shields), she won't be able save herself while casting let alone give support to the whole team and that will make the warframe pretty useless. Right now blessing is the only reason for which she is sought after for in higher level tower or defense missions where people want to go for higher rounds. All other abilities are kind of redundant. for example,  I can refill my energy with Energy Restores, why would i bother casting Energy Vampire.

Loki - Make his Decoy ability copy the player's look.

No opinion.

Ash - Shuriken needs to be replaced completely. There is no changing it/reworking it to make it better, it just needs a completely new skill to take its place. Bladestorm can be reworked. Change the "quicktime event" look to a top down view of the whole area he is in, and speed up the animations x10. This skill should be near instant. If the skill looks too funky with the top down view or with the animation speed increased so drastically, then a complete replacement of the skill is recommended and/or a drastic change that changes the skill to being instantaneous/ near instantaneous.

​Yes, this skill definitely needs changed in some way, either this or the old clone idea.

Banshee - Combine Sonar with Silence and make a new stealth skill to replace Silence.

No opinion.

Valkyr - Paralysis needs to be completely replaced or reworked to have a different effect. It could completely drain shields for a set duration and constantly stun everything within a close radius around you that follows you as you move, similar to Ember's ult. Hysteria needs to use open-handed sweeping attacks that actually match her claws.

Yea, haven't really put much thought into that skill but it does need some sort of buff. Your idea seems good.

Nova - Null Star orbs should block damage, the amount of damage they block based on power strength and as they reach their damage limit THEN they shoot off at the nearest enemy.

No opinion.

Vauban - Tesla should spawn a turret that shoots electric bolts, projectiles that would be similar to Dera or Supra, but with their own twist. For the most part the effect of this skill would stay the same, but have a turret that has hp and is killable, that shoots at a longer range, and has no recharge time.

Nah, turrets just don't fit a warframes profile.

Rhino - Rhino Charge should have a more useful effect, such as, ragdolling enemies, or suspending enemies in mid-air like Rhino Stomp but obviously to a lesser degree.

Never use charge, i'd rather have a new ability all together.

Mag - Crush needs to have another effect or get a damage buff, because there is no reason to use it over Shield Polarize at this point.

No opinion, really i don't see the point of her having two skills that give dmg + CC. just give her something new.

Saryn -  Contagion doesn't seem to fit the bill. It's a nice melee skill to have, and really drastically increases the damage, but this skill seems more fitting on Ash. It just really doesn't seem to mesh with Saryn's other abilities.

No opinion.

Excalibur - Radial Javelin and Slash Dash need to interchange each others properties. By this I mean Radial Javelin should become Radial Slash Dash (please call it something better than that) where the javelins are replaced with doppelgangers of Excalibur that are doing slash-dashes with infinite range; and then Slash Dash should become Slash Javelin (again, better name) with Excalibur punching his melee into the ground, and flipping up Javelins in a frrontal cone, but the animation should be MUCH faster. Another version of Radial Javelin could be replacing the Javelins with Glaives and keeping the bouncing effect of the Glaives but giving them punch through on enemies. Super Jump just needs to be replaced entirely.

Yes to Radial Slash Dash, no to the slash javelin. But the excals on Radial slash dash should be see through, pale, ghostish things. Faint temp copies.

Nyx - Mind Control should buff the enemy you use it on, giving him more damage, and making them rampage/more aggresively tarrget other enemies. If you wanted to make this really great, you could give each enemy a unique skill when mind-controlled that allows them to do something they otherwise would never do (make Grineer Rocketeers self-destruct, Moa's could jump on top of enemies and pin them down while stomping their facees in, etc) Psychic Bolts should have a chance to Radiation proc, and need a damage buff to be viable.

Mind control seems fine to me but sure, i'm all for more berserkness. 

Oberon - Smite needs to have the projectiles home in on enemies, or have a small explosive aoe. Hallowed Ground should continuously expand at a slow rate that is effected reversely like Renewal so the expansion increases with more power duration.

No opinion.

Nekros - Soul Punch needs a huge damage buff. This should be the strongest single target 1 skill in the game, Terrrify should not require power strenght to increase enemies it effects, it should affect all enemies inside its radius and its debuffs are only what should be affected by power strength.

No opinion.

Frost - Give Avalanche a freeze time like it had when it was glitched. Roll back Snow Globe. Make enemies that are frozen by Freeze not break out when damaged or give it an aoe like Ember's Fireball.

Sure buff avalanche, no to rolling back globe. Just take away duration and have it disappear if no ones in range of it.

Ember  - Roll back Accelerant to Overheat. Make Fire Blast follow Ember.

Bring back overheat and move accelerant to embers 1. 

Trinity - Roll back Energy Vampire to where hitting the enemy is what sends out the energy pulses, but for the whole team, instead of just the player damaging the enemy. Remove the temporary invuneralbility from Blessing.

No opinion.

Zephyr - Make Tornado hold enemies inside of it for the duration of the skill before launching them into the air.

Yes.

Volt - Make his Energy Shield smaller, but tied to his equipped weapon like you would see on heavy turrrets in other games (if this needs more explanation I can provide picture, think HALO) so that though the hit box is smaller, the shield stays with you as you roam, while still making your weapon hitscan if it is not, and giving it the electrical damage buff.

I'd rather the shield just follow him.  

-----

And that's it! Thanks for taking the time to read my feedback.

I just wanted to comment on this one in particular. Nova doesn't need an exploding Iron Skin. That's essentially what you're proposing, an Iron Skin that blasts a nearby enemy when it reaches a certain HP threshold.

Nova doesn't need a survivability buff, period. She's an antimatter cannon and getting shot currently doesn't destroy her nearly as fast as antimatter coming into contact with a bullet should. Please, no. Just no.

I just wanted to comment on this one in particular. Nova doesn't need an exploding Iron Skin. That's essentially what you're proposing, an Iron Skin that blasts a nearby enemy when it reaches a certain HP threshold.

Nova doesn't need a survivability buff, period. She's an antimatter cannon and getting shot currently doesn't destroy her nearly as fast as antimatter coming into contact with a bullet should. Please, no. Just no.

I guess I shoulda know people would blow up over a tanky Nova but if you know your mods, think about it. If you wanted to do a loadout that maximized Null Star, you would have to completely gimp Molecular Prime, and that was idea behind that. Sacrifice your explode everything in site ability for a entirely different style of gameplay for Nova which would be fun and fresh.