Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mjolnir, The Artillery Warframe

jjpdn

Cause, if we have a glass cannon (Nova), why can't we have a tank cannon?

And yes, references to Halo is welcomed.

Before you read the rest before note that this Warframe was not made for the front line, but right behind the Rhinos and Frosts. In my mind, Nova is the sort that 'runs into enemy, press four, runs aways REALLY quickly'.

Name: MJOLNIR

Appearence: He is a tall and majestic being giving an aura of immense power. Covered all over him is thick, big, solid, rectangular plates of alloys, protecting the more delicate parts. Immense cannons on his back declare death and destruction for all MJOLNIR's enemies, while minor but numerous micro rocket launchers shield his front like scratches on a million year old saber. For close combat, a set of restructured Ogris are equipped on each of his forearms. Many foes have made the mistake of forgetting that fact.

Stats:

Shield: 100 (max at 300)

Armor: 300 (starts at half damage reduction)

Health: 150 (max at 450)

Energy: 100 (max at 150)

Sprint: 0.9 (following the Rhino-Frost trend)

Stamina: 80

Polarities: 4 scratch, 1 D, 1 V

Aura: V

Powers:

INVINCIBLITY FROM TRINITY IS IGNORED FOR ALL ABILITIES, BUT WILL TAKE EFFECT AFTER

Crushing Blow (25 energy):

Warframe completely removes the assumption that he fails in CQC. He jumps up into the air and smashes his charged Ogris (s) into the floor/ground, exploding in a 5/10/15/20m radius. CANNOT BE INTERRUPTED, INVINCIBLE WHILE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.

Damage: 600/1200/1800/2400 blast damage with instant proc. Does half of that damage to himself (300/600/900/1200, might kill new players).

Range: N/A

Cast time: 1 sec.

Cool down: 5 sec.

Missile Storm (50 energy):

There is no better way to describe this. MJONIR thrusts out his chest, blasting out all of his micro missiles out. The missiles group together into 3/4/5/6 groups, seeking out 3/4/5/6 targets together. Ability will continue even if Warframe is downed.

Damage: Each group hits one target, first doing 5/10/15/20 puncture damage with 100% proc, then detonating, doing 300/400/500/600 blast AOE (1m) damage.

Range: 45m

Cast time: 1 sec.

Artillery Barrage (75 energy):

Cannons on his back fire repeatably, shooting 5/6/7/8 shells into the sky who lands wherever the player is pointing. You can move cursor so that each shell falls at different place. WARNING: DO NOT USE IN CLOSED SPACES OR SMALL ROOMS, FOR IT DAMAGES WARFRAME TOO. If activated in a big room, shells will not arc too high but does less damage as shells go less high (up to 3x less damage). If killed/downed during ability, will not fire remaining shells.

Damage: 100/200/300/400 impact damage for direct hit, 200/300/400/500 blast damage per shell. AOE (15m), + 100% proc.

Range: 50m (game max, sorry)

Cast time: 2.5/3/3.5/4 secs, during which Warframe cannot move

End of All Existence (100 energy):

Crushing Blow (300/600/1200/1500 damage and 2/3/4/5m radius), Missile Storm (1/1/2/3 groups, damage same as maxed Missile Storm), Artillery Barrage (1/2/3/4 shells, damage same as maxed Artillery Barrage), all at the same time. Except with one addition. At the end of the ability, a hole opens up in the ceiling (only for rooms) (creates a breach so you will have to fix that later) and a beam of terminating laser blasts down at the same place where player is pointing at the start of beam. BEAM CAN MOVE PER YOUR CURSOR POSITION. WHOLE ABILITY CAN BE INTERRUPTED (ENEMIES WILL ONLY TARGET YOU DURING THIS) SO STAY BACK (Curshing Blow will remove a lot of your health). 

Damage: 1000/1250/1500/2000 radiation damage and rapidly dropping off in a 5m radius for 2 sec (for beam).

Range: 50m

Cast time: around 5/6/7/8 sec.

If OP, say how much is not, if not OP enough, say how much is please!

Edited by jjpdn

I think the first skill is a bit to good to be 25 energie and for the rest you need to bump up damidge a bit cos if would not be so logical to spend 75 eng for 500 damidge. Also maybe the curor thing is is had cos you do not know where you are aiming so add some sort of lazer pointer at were it will drop or even better make then seeking. 

I think the first skill is a bit to good to be 25 energie and for the rest you need to bump up damidge a bit cos if would not be so logical to spend 75 eng for 500 damidge. Also maybe the curor thing is is had cos you do not know where you are aiming so add some sort of lazer pointer at were it will drop or even better make then seeking. 

You see, its not too good. It also does damage to yourself (1200 kills most of your health and compeletely removes shields). Other abilities say 'per shell' or 'per group' or soemthing like that.

To Luxifer, I dont see how Rhino is a Tank Cannon. Rhino doesn't do too much damage with his rhino stomp (IT FAILED ME MULTIPLE TIMES UNTIL I GOT NOVA).

And to Orbister, what? Sorry, I actually dont understand.

And how do you use 'multiquote'?

Edited by jjpdn

if we have tank cannon why not have a TANK CC HEALER SUPPORT VAMPIRE CANNON GOD?! 

no.

oh, you mean trinity with a penta? don't worry, we got it covered

I like some of the ideas you have going on, self-damaging abilities seem pretty cool. but the point of a glass cannon is that it hits hard but can't take a hit. a tank cannon would hit hard, and also take hits. the assumption is that you're sacrificing speed and it shouldn't be quite as powerful as a glass cannon. but really it's just kinda silly. this is more of a suicidal cannon, which would then be negated if your entire squad were invincible. that means no downside for some very strong abilities

I think we need more niche support frames/abilities, ones that really shine with proper synergy

Well, I was thinking my frame was more of a STAYY REALLY REALLY FAR BACK kind of frame. I was thinking of the scorpion in Halo. And most of the frames in Warframe have already at least 1 support ability anyways.

Hmmm... what do you guys think of maybe a Warframe that doesnt focus on support or killing... but has much more to do with luck and loot?

Edited by jjpdn

oh, you mean trinity with a penta? don't worry, we got it covered

I like some of the ideas you have going on, self-damaging abilities seem pretty cool. but the point of a glass cannon is that it hits hard but can't take a hit. a tank cannon would hit hard, and also take hits. the assumption is that you're sacrificing speed and it shouldn't be quite as powerful as a glass cannon. but really it's just kinda silly. this is more of a suicidal cannon, which would then be negated if your entire squad were invincible. that means no downside for some very strong abilities

I think we need more niche support frames/abilities, ones that really shine with proper synergy

We should have a joke Warframe. That would be funny. BEWARE, EVIL BUNNIES ON THE HORRIZON! AND LOTS OF MONTY PYTHON!

MJOLNIR?

"The MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor is a technologically advanced combat exoskeleton system designed to vastly improve the strength, speed, agility, reflexes, and durability of a Spartan-II, Spartan-III, or a Spartan-IV supersoldier in the field of combat"

Well, DE will get sued by Bungie, Microsoft, and 343 Industries, but it explains why this frame is OP.