Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banned!? But Why!? This Could Happen To You Next.

Recently my friend maxysbous, well, was BANNED from Warframe after spending real money on it in the past. They hadn't done anything wrong and now they are really mad at Warframe for not answering any Customer Support calls or anything like that. Not only that, but maxysbous was reported for "Hacking in incompliance with the Terms of Service". Now, answer me this: Why would a person who has purchased platinum and has gotten everything they wanted hack the game for more platinum? I mean, honestly, does this make any sense to you? Anyways, please rate this up for maxysbous (I haven't said his/her gender for privacy reasons, just in case you thought they were made up). We need to get this out there, and just in case you weren't convinced, how would you feel if this happened to you? I wanted to put this out there, so if you read it all, thank you, it means a lot to maxysbous and I.

Just because it says he was banned for hacking doesn't mean hacking for platinum. It sounds like he did do something wrong, the cheat/hack detection in this game is quite good, so either someone reported him for hacking while he was in a game or the cheat detection picked up he was using a cheating program.

I was banned once

Maybe he had cheat engine/memory editor open in the background on accident and forgot to close it

Edited by Guest

Only he can resolve in this issue with DE and the support team. I was banned a week with questions and answers back and forth. That was also the week that Snipetron vandal was an event weapon. I did not flame DE for that misstake they made, but what can I do. Can I send support ticket about that? I dont really know anymore. Best thing to do is wait instead of creating threads like these. 

I highly doubt that your friend was wrongly banned. It is not uncommon to lie at all.

But either way, contact support. We can't "help you".

Still it blows my mind how you try to justify "your friends" innocence with the fact that he bought platinum, therefore he shouldn't ever be banned or would ever hack.

Are you really that naive?

maxysbous was reported for "Hacking in incompliance with the Terms of Service".

Now, answer me this: Why would a person who has purchased platinum and has gotten everything they wanted hack the game for more platinum?

Now, answer me this:

Where in that reason is anything mentioned about what was done through hacking?

Nobody said it was poison. Perhaps the witness would like to continue their testimony, and please remember that you are under oath...

Have them submit a Support Ticket.

While the anticheat in Warframe does sometimes wrongly ban users, the actual percentage of false positives is reportedly less than half of a percent, so forgive me if I have many doubts.

Just because someone bought some platinum doesn't make them not guilty of hacking. For all we or you know, they began spending the platinum, got drunk on a spending spree and then wanted more platinum... which they may not have had the money for, resulting in their attempted hacking of the game.

Basically whenever anyone says they were banned for hacking, always take their story with a very big grain of salt.

tl;dr We here on the forums cannot help you or your friend, have them submit a support ticket. If support determines they're guilty of hacking, then that's the end of that.