The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Were You When They Actually Named Them .... The Dark Sector! (Dark Sectors Megathread)

Mak_Gohae

Dark Sector is used to be an unknown place where final relay rail of Pluto leads. Another system maybe? Anyway, I guess DE are still want to use this concept and this is why they didn't used this name for badlands.

Yeah, didn't DE say something about adding another solar system with a new faction?  Seems like they might be saving "the Dark Sector" for that if it's the case.

The original idea for Dark Sector was people messing around in areas unexplored and since we are doing this now it makes sense to bring it full circle and call it.. THE DARK SECTOOOOORRR!

I...I....Like it.... I really like that name.... .-.

Dark Sector is used to be an unknown place where final relay rail of Pluto leads. Another system maybe? Anyway, I guess DE are still want to use this concept and this is why they didn't used this name for badlands.

Badlands is the "internal name" which means subject to change. That's not he solid name at the moment.

Damn if you've seen the old trailer even Hayden mentions beyond the solar rails is Dark Sector

So why not reuse that term? sounds awesome.

DAMN I never saw this... I need to play dark sector. Crucial back story is in this game...the grineer, dropship, excalibur, the lotus, the powers... they are all here... I knew about the glaive but jeez...so the tenno are clones/dna  kids of Hayden...thats what I am getting watching some gameplay....thanks.

DAMN I never saw this... I need to play dark sector. Crucial back story is in this game...the grineer, dropship, excalibur, the lotus, the powers... they are all here... I knew about the glaive but jeez...so the tenno are clones/dna  kids of Hayden...thats what I am getting watching some gameplay....thanks.

The Dark Sector that was released was a very, VERY different game to the one you're seeing in that clip. None of that stuff made it into retail, which is the main reason we're playing warframe now.

The Dark Sector that was released was a very, VERY different game to the one you're seeing in that clip. None of that stuff made it into retail, which is the main reason we're playing warframe now.

Double damn... I am watching some lets plays now... I was wondering when it was going to evolve into a suit...I am glad they didn't totally scrap the ideas from the trailer. Thank God for that. Alot of that is in warframe and I am so glad to see it happen...Man I got to remember to take it easier on DE sometimes. They really are doing some amazing things for their players and not to mention it is a f2p... I am definitely going to be supporting this update the first 50-75% discount I see.

Double damn... I am watching some lets plays now... I was wondering when it was going to evolve into a suit...I am glad they didn't totally scrap the ideas from the trailer. Thank God for that. Alot of that is in warframe and I am so glad to see it happen...Man I got to remember to take it easier on DE sometimes. They really are doing some amazing things for their players and not to mention it is a f2p... I am definitely going to be supporting this update the first 50-75% discount I see.

around chapter 9, or 10. Like at the end of 9 I think. You get the suit. Its REALLY late game that you get the suit. It has no special purpose either other than to just look cool. The abilities you gain as you kill bosses.

The original Dark Sector idea was that the Dark Sector was the area beyond the border of the solar system. This would fit perfectly with the Badlands idea.

The man speaks the truth, and here's some proof.

http://youtu.be/7nl8890-C2w

Edit: I'm an idiot and somehow missed that someone had already posted a link on this page.

Edited by Hortonman