April 4Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

No third option for Commander Switch teleport of simply outright removing the stun?

It appears that nowadays the devs have a hard time removing a feature that is clearly not of benefit to anyone. Simple as that, just remove it, there is absolutely NO need for more stunlock, let alone an unavoidable one, besides it's the exact same thing as a Loki does so it makes zero sense.

Please guys, come to your senses for once and just remove it, it is unnecesary.

Edited by RahuStalker

Switch teleport doesn't need to stun a Tenno, it already disorients the player and can put him in a bad spot, like between a horde of Grineer or in front of a heavy. Stun needs to go.

Well...ST shouldn't even be a power for a Commander, as someone mentioned in this topic: A power that tags a Tenno as priority and draws all the aggro to that player would be ideal.

Megan, a recommendation to help with the newbie experience would be to add "starter elementals" for new players to use, and learn how to use in a tutorial in Modding. Elemental combos are essential and are needed to advance further in the game as most elementals will not appear unless past Saturn or in an Endless mission of some kind.

In terms of damage, the elementals would probably be best to cap off at 30% at Rank 5 or 3, since most rifle mods cap off at 90%.

Commander Switch Teleport:

Recent threads expressing dislike towards the Switch Teleport from Commanders have been hot with discussion. The frustration boils down to the 1.5 seconds you’re stun-locked in a circle of Grineer without any warning or option to react; prior to the switch. Players have suggested either a lowered stun delay, or an option to hear or see the switch so you can react. 

The only thing that should be done is that if there are more than one Commander the second Commander doesnt perform his and instead casts a disarm debuff. Whatever weapon you are using during casting cannot be used until the debuff ends but the others are fine. Being switch tele and being stunned then switch tele and stunned again after the first ends it's really, reeeeeeeeeeeeally bad. If you make it avoidable the unit will become useless just like the arc traps are now. It's just going to be a waste of space.

Solo Alerts:
Our skills were put to the test last night as we attempted an Alert with fully ranked Warframes and semi-ranked weapons. This was to test Solo/New Player experience if an Alert were to appear on an available Node. (Note that if a New Player doesn’t have that Node unlocked they can’t play the Alert unless invited). With our semi-ranked weapons we didn’t stand a chance, so another round of Solo alerts was tested this morning will fully ranked gear, consumables, abilities, etc. This still proved difficult compared to playing with Teammates. 

As of right now, enemies don’t scale in Alerts if you’re playing Solo. This could be a potential solution, but more feedback is needed for an ultimate solution.

It comes down to players not having the same experience if they have bad connections. Solo players shouldn’t have to miss out on Alerts because they can’t join a squad.

Sorry but that stream testing was serious improper testing.

The Sheldon mission was that gift of lotus mission in Ceres (23-30) but with enemies rank 10-15. The enemies ranked seemed easy but the spawning seemed to be that of the standard ceres rank and he was overwhelmed with a huge number not normally seen in a rank 10-15 mission. On top of that , in defense missions a solo player has very new changes at messing up. So that was just bad on top of bad.

And Meegan went in with below rank 10 weapons on an Ambulas node alert.... Ambulas node was 30-35. That's in not an average situation for a new player that solos. Going in a with a rank 30 weapon with no orokin on is fine but below rank 10 weapon is the reason Meegan kept running out of ammo.

Dont know how you did that later house test but the stream testing should not be used as proof.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

My only gripe about the dev stream is they mentioned the valkyr and melee 2.0, but they never showed us what they meant. If i remember correctly steve said, 'we should talk about how valkyr and melee 2.0 work together' but they never went into detail... :( i wanna know how well my favorite frame will handle these changes.. :( 

while its true they did not get into details, they also said it won't come with update 13 but afterwards, thus, you can be sure you'll hear about it before it comes out either from patch notes (you get a few minutes notice before you download it lol) or from the next dev stream if we're lucky.

As for my take on the coptering, while I occasionally use it and while I think its useful, I do agree it seems out of place. That being said, it has earned its spot in the warframe universe since as long as I can remember... BUT... with Melee 2.0, the value of stamina is a lot higher so you may see less people coptering ANYWAYS in order to conserve stamina for actual melee attacks.

It appears that nowadays the devs have a hard time removing a feature that is clearly not of benefit to anyone. Simple as that, just remove it, there is absolutely NO need for more stunlock, let alone an unavoidable one, besides it's the exact same thing as a Loki does so it makes zero sense.

Please guys, come to your senses for once and just remove it, it is unnecessary.

I could see it being used on some kind of salvaged orokin tech unit - where it runs around with a pack of butchers, and then switch teleports you into them. Not the commander, though, and not with stunlock.

how is that a non intended glitch becomes a playstyle? it's stupid and must be fixed.

Fast skiing in Tribes 1 was unintentional yet it became the game's best mechanic and the devs embraced it in the sequels.

Coptering is needed because:

-Most frames in the game are unbearably slow.

-The slowest frames would be left behind by the rest of the team otherwise. If you say "but then the fast ones should wait for their slow team mates!" then there's no point in fast frames either.

Point is, all frames need to be able to go fast.

Hydroid: Bit of shock over the name. Might wanna see about something less... Pokemon-y, while you still have time before the update and all of the names are in flux.

I'll grant that naming him "Hydros" would be a little too similar to "Nekros", and all of the mythological names (including Davy Jones and the works of Lovecraft) would break the trend for elemental frames. But Hydroid is just... unfitting, especially since he has nothing to do with jellyfish (and most players will otherwise just think it's made up - and unlike Mag, there are a lot of recognizable alternatives, considering his element makes up 70% of the planet).

Heard some good ones like Abyss, Riptide, Aquarius, Nautilus and Vapor, though.

Totally agree. Maybe a slight alteration might be worthwhile too, like 'Hydron' or something. 

Edited by (PS4)Ihlgigaris

Fast skiing in Tribes 1 was unintentional yet it became the game's best mechanic and the devs embraced it in the sequels.

-The slowest frames would be left behind by the rest of the team otherwise. If you say "but then the fast ones should wait for their slow team mates!" then there's no point in fast frames either.

These aren't reasons to support *one melee weapon* as the 'go faster' option. They're reasons to improve parkour or otherwise adjust the rest of the game.

Hydroid: Bit of shock over the name. Might wanna see about something less... Pokemon-y, while you still have time before the update and all of the names are in flux.

I'll grant that naming him "Hydros" would be a little too similar to "Nekros", and all of the mythological names (including Davy Jones and the works of Lovecraft) would break the trend for elemental frames. But Hydroid is just... unfitting, especially since he has nothing to do with jellyfish (and most players will otherwise just think it's made up - and unlike Mag, there are a lot of recognizable alternatives, considering his element makes up 70% of the planet).

Heard some good ones like Abyss, Riptide, Aquarius, Nautilus and Vapor, though.

Hydros is really good. Scurvy can be good to if you know what I mean ;)

Coptering is NOT needed, it only puts slow frames into the situation of "pick this weapon or lose all xp" (cause you will be left behind). And then, fast frames can simply pick it too if they are not happy about a slow frame being faster.

I agree that all frames need to be able to go fast, but this is not the way.

These aren't reasons to support *one melee weapon* as the 'go faster' option. They're reasons to improve parkour or otherwise adjust the rest of the game.

Exactly, and this is the way to make all frames able to go faster, or at least one possible way.

My only hope is that Melee 2.0 somehow fixes this problem (it is a problem) making melee so much viable that makes people decide between a weapon only for speed or a weapon for the kills. Of course the Zorens would have to be mediocre at best, or else it would be the ultimate weapon...

e84453ed_Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage

Commander Switch Teleport:

Players have suggested either a lowered stun delay

Incorrect.

We have suggested a removed stun delay.

Helmet Stats, Ongoing: 
a majority of players enjoy stats on helmets and wish to have the option of purchasing either a stat or statless version.

This is infuriating.

I said this in last week's Hot Topics, and I'll say it again-- this is not the majority. I have not seen a single person suggest this, let alone a significant chunk of the playerbase. Purchaseable stat helmets, although a small step up from DE's current proposal, is not what we want. The best way to go is to simply allow helmets and their stats be equipped independently of each other. It's a win-win no matter how you look at it.

The "purchasing either a stat or a statless version" feels like nothing more than a weak cash grab.

I'm feeling as though the devs are deliberately ignoring the playerbase so they can force what they, personally, want to see in the game without a care for the consequences. It feels like U10 all over again.

Please, DE, listen to the playerbase. There are many great suggestions out there but this is not one of them.

Edited by SortaRandom

Helmet stat is an issue that DE can fix quite easily. TBH, the core function of cosmetic is to make you look gorgeous without compromising efficiency. Look at Loki players and ask them that do they really like the look of submarine helmet? They use it solely because it offers desirable trait but they will jump at Swindle without a second thought if they can place power efficiency trait into it.

It's time to give us a choice to equip trait separate from helmet. Good looking without compromising efficiency. 

Coptering is NOT needed, it only puts slow frames into the situation of "pick this weapon or lose all xp" (cause you will be left behind). And then, fast frames can simply pick it too if they are not happy about a slow frame being faster.

I agree that all frames need to be able to go fast, but this is not the way.

Exactly, and this is the way to make all frames able to go faster, or at least one possible way.

My only hope is that Melee 2.0 somehow fixes this problem (it is a problem) making melee so much viable that makes people decide between a weapon only for speed or a weapon for the kills. Of course the Zorens would have to be mediocre at best, or else it would be the ultimate weapon...

Seriously have a problem with the Zoren copter? lol

It's a game man... so what you get to cover distance quicker with a few melee weapons in the game. Don't want to use it? Use Rush. I don't see how this is a "problem". Maybe you want to state your reasons as to why it's a "problem" of some sorts. 

DE said they're staying anyway...and no, I don't use Zorens to fling myself all over the map, but I don't see the big issue. Maybe you should leave people to have fun their way? No? ; )

Re: Stat Helmets

It'd be nice if there were some Prime and Corpus-ified versions of helmets.  Maybe even some helmets with Grineer and Infested design aesthetics.

Maybe they'd be a great thing to try out some stat helmets on.

Definitely would be nice to see some Prime versions of helmets for Warframes that have Prime counterparts, and being able to use the regular versions of heads on Prime Warframes.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan