Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Need A Buff....

Flyghter

Pretty much.  No one ever talks about his other abilities.  It's all Radial Blind is AWESOME!  It's the "BEST POWER EVER!1!" whenever they talk about Excalibur.  Doesn't that tell you people anything?

Apparently it tells them: Super Jump is fine...nothing to see here...these aren't the frames you're looking for....move along.

Edited by Thaumatos

Make Super Jump a general skill.

Give Excalibur something more useful.

People who want to play a better xcal win, people who want to play Jumpframe win, people who don't want to change anything win.

EVERYONE WINS!

Uhm, no. I repeat, Super Jump is fine as it is. It not only does not need a buff, but any sort of "offensive" capability that you seem to be wanting so much completely alters the intent of the skill. Might as well turn Invisibility into a weakly-damaging AoE skill, or adding a direct-damage effect for the casting animation of Roar. It sounds all fine and dandy until you realize that it can easily give away your presence (and, in every non-Loki case, location) and screw up whatever devious stealth-oriented plan you had in mind.

Stealth is fairly useless at the moment, of course (although, fun fact: the devs have confirmed on multiple occasions that stealth will eventually become significant in this game, to the point of Silence becoming "overpowered"), but the fact remains that there are people who enjoy playing that way. Just because you personally don't enjoy the current roles of abilities doesn't mean that you should suggest changes that would ruin it for the people who do.

Suggest changes to Heavy Impact, a mod designed precisely for the role you speak of. Alter your playstyle to suit the class's current state, or play another class entirely. Suggest a new alternate "3" ability entirely if you like Excalibur too much to change classes. But do the rest of the Excalibur players a favour and don't go ruining their playstyles.

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong, I'm certain that loads of Excalibur players out there wouldn't say no to a buff to the class. The thing is, though, turning Super Jump into a not-optional offensive ability isn't a "buff", it's an "alteration" of the ability's role, and current players will have to either force themselves to get used to it or quit the class out of frustration. There are better ways of fixing what you perceive to be a problem, ways that don't involve ruining the playstyles that other players already enjoy.

EDIT2: Whoops, misinterpreted you entirely. I thought you were suggesting that SJ be given offensive capabilities to make its usage a bit more "general" similar to Slash Dash. My bad xD

Edited by SortaRandom

Uhm, no. I repeat, Super Jump is fine as it is. It not only does not need a buff, but any sort of "offensive" capability that you seem to be wanting so much completely alters the intent of the skill. Might as well turn Invisibility into a weakly-damaging AoE skill, or adding a direct-damage effect for the casting animation of Roar. It sounds all fine and dandy until you realize that it can easily give away your presence (and, in every non-Loki case, location) and screw up whatever devious stealth-oriented plan you had in mind.

Stealth is fairly useless at the moment, of course (although, fun fact: the devs have confirmed on multiple occasions that stealth will eventually become significant in this game, to the point of Silence becoming "overpowered"), but the fact remains that there are people who enjoy playing that way. Just because you personally don't enjoy the current roles of abilities doesn't mean that you should suggest changes that would ruin it for the people who do.

Suggest changes to Heavy Impact, a mod designed precisely for the role you speak of. Alter your playstyle to suit the class's current state, or play another class entirely. Suggest a new alternate "3" ability entirely if you like Excalibur too much to change classes. But do the rest of the Excalibur players a favour and don't go ruining their playstyles.

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong, I'm certain that loads of Excalibur players out there wouldn't say no to a buff to the class. The thing is, though, turning Super Jump into a not-optional offensive ability isn't a "buff", it's an "alteration" of the ability's role, and current players will have to either force themselves to get used to it or quit the class out of frustration. There are better ways of fixing what you perceive to be a problem, ways that don't involve ruining the playstyles that other players already enjoy.

So you quoted me and went on a rant about how Super Jump is fine.

Did you read my post?  I repeat: Make Super Jump a general skill.  You won't notice the difference, I promise.

Super jump could be a beast if only it allowed us to use the Heavy Impact mod in a build. Alas it never triggers because of speed reasons, whereas it triggers every time when Zephyr uses dive bomb, even from a simple jump...

Soo after i look arond i see that Super Jump  its a skill that its loved soo let it be soo .

But we all agree that Radiant Javelin need a buff .

IMO Radial Javelin just needs add more javelins in all directions.

Javelins get stuck on map parts a lot.

I'd say its his weakest skill, but its still a damn fine ult.

I feel that Slash Dash needs to be changed so that it's damage scales better with high level content.

Super Jump is mostly fine, would like to see it always proc Heavy Impact. Really the issue with Super Jump is more because of map design than anything else (not a whole lot of the maps support mobility abilities like Super Jump.)

I would change Super Jump to do one thing: Active Knockdown Recovery.

Using Super Jump while stunned or knocked down should break you out of it.

I feel that Slash Dash needs to be changed so that it's damage scales better with high level content.

Make it's damage scale up with the new melee combo counter.  That's all it would need for a damage increase.

Edited by Thaumatos

So you quoted me and went on a rant about how Super Jump is fine.

Did you read my post?  I repeat: Make Super Jump a general skill.  You won't notice the difference, I promise.

I was under the impression that by "make it a general skill" you were suggesting that SJ become a combination of offense and utility a la Slash Dash like what a few others are suggesting, which was the entire basis for my rant. Apparently, I was wrong, so I must ask you what you meant by "general skill".

I was under the impression that by "make it a general skill" you were suggesting that SJ become a combination of offense and utility a la Slash Dash like what a few others are suggesting, which was the entire basis for my rant. Apparently, I was wrong, so I must ask you what you meant by "general skill".

Oh, um...was it devstream 25 or 24 when they said it?

Steve and Scott were talking about making all-warframe, or 'general', skills that any frame could equip.  Grand Master founders have also mentioned that it is currently being discussed as part of the design council.

No details, but they're coming.

Oh, um...was it devstream 25 or 24 when they said it?

Steve and Scott were talking about making all-warframe, or 'general', skills that any frame could equip.  Grand Master founders have also mentioned that it is currently being discussed as part of the design council.

No details, but they're coming.

Ohh, okay.

Full speed ahead on that. LOL

I think all abilities are fine except Radial Javelin.Thius Ultimate needs a buff.Its to bad atm.Espacially the animation where you die fast.

The problem with Javelin is that there is literally zero crowd control. The only way the enemies will stop shooting at you is if they die, which simply isn't going to happen at higher levels. The lack of punchthrough isn't too much of a problem, since enemies behind walls won't have a clear shot at you anyways.

I suggest that any enemy hit with a Javelin gets ragdolled and pinned, alive or dead, so they keep flying with the projectile until it hits a wall (and pull themselves back into shape if they survived the hit). Grants some nice crowd-clearing capabilities while keeping with the ability's original concept.

Edited by SortaRandom