The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking Mod

Nyxcha

so i've heard alot of people say this mod is absolutely useless now.

but looking at it, its essentially giving me an emergency current energy x 240% amount of hp

so with Ember using the +25% energy helmet, and a flow mod. not to mention rage.

that would be a pretty high amount of energy in case i take to much dmg..

so is the mod really useless?

i've heard mixed stories from it constantly staggering you every secound its active

to having rejuvenation aura breaking it so it doesnt work

to it jsut draining all your energy in 1 go.

so what is it exactly o.0

can anyone explain exactly what this mod does, how it works, and if its worth it or not.

People are just thinking less of it now that you can die when you have it on. It's still a great mod, just not broken overpowered anymore in conjunction with Rage.

EDIT: No, it doesn't stagger all the time anymore.

Edited by ConcretePie

I use it on Trinity for Survival/Defense stuff.  Only using a health mod without a shield one and Rage.  While it's not an invincible thing, it's normally enough time for me to recast Blessing and be good to go in an "oh no!" situation.

mana shield... but instead of being depleted at first contact, it prevents your health from going below 2 as long as you have energy.

Probably needs a multiplier buff given the cost to equip.

Useful in dire situations, probably, when you need that extra health to run or kill. 

People are just thinking less of it now that you can die when you have it on. It's still a great mod, just not broken overpowered anymore in conjunction with Rage.

yea Concrete pretty much summed it up. Before it was nerfed you where practicality immortal having this equipped especially in conclave. But Last I checked (witch was the day after the patch) it still had some added utility to it. Here is what i did, I had a friend enter the dojo with a fully modded crit soma. I equipped my ash with a max redirection/vitality/vigor/steel fiber,  I then had him  shoot me 1 bullet at a  time till i died, witch averaged 2-3 shots to kill me with the soma. I then rejoined the dojo with only rage/quick-thinking/vigor/flow equipped and i had him test me again and it took 3-6 shotts to down me. so in effect i was able to take more damage with the second setup then with the first. Keep in mind that i have not retested this in quite a while and you may want to preform similar test yourself. Hope i helped.

EDIT: No, it doesn't stagger all the time anymore.

w8 i can die while its active? or only when my energy reaches 0?

not affected by efficiency or armor, so its worse than HP

eh...not like ember has armor to begin with (one of the major reasons i considering this mod...i need something so i can survive 2 hits in nightmare mode xD)

specially since ember is a dps class for close range with no survivability mechanics

if you think your gonna drop when using QT, and prefereably when you have a nice healthy energy pool, spam multiple team energy restores (bind them to your numeric keypad or something), they will ping/topup your energy quite nicely, might as well burn some consumables, nothing else currently burns your nanospore collection.

Edited by Methanoid

if you think your gonna drop when using QT, and prefereably when you have a nice healthy energy pool, spam multiple team energy restores (bind them to your numeric keypad or something), they will ping/topup your energy quite nicely, might as well burn some consumables, nothing else currently burns your nanospore collection.

so THATS what nanospores are for.

i thought they were jsut a resource that DE didn't realize was a dime a thousand

When you run out of health it drains your shields and turns them into health , the higher the rank more health yiu spawn with, no energy and you die, but it can only activate once since the nerf as much as i know, and it might sound awesome but then you realize that its just like 100%+ health frim vitality

wish DE would come out and explain this mod as it seems no one has any idea....

only thing i can think of is to find it in the game files...and i'm pretty sure DE doesnt want people goin in there =/