Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Combat Concept] Duck And Cover

ShiningArmor

This is something I think we need. Enemies can do it, so why can't we? It could help with stealth, because we just go against a piece of cover and casually peek around it, or over it if it's a railing or something, and could even do a sneak attack and then whip back behind the cover, leaving our enemies thinking "What the &%$# just happened?!" If you have played GTA you will have a general idea of how this could work.

When we get around to reworking stealth, maybe. And that is a big maybe.

I believe that DE has said that it won't ever be implemented because it breaks the fast paced style that they are going for. I think they have a turret idea in the works, but that is as close to cover as we will get I think.

Cover system for combat: Unnecessary

Cover system for stealth: Could actually work, wouldn't mind sub-missions where you have to go Batman: Arhkam Asylum on people and systematically take them out one by one, hiding inside grates, within the shadows, etc.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I still find that statement kind of bullS#&$.

Cause it is BS.

Cover is an option. A player uses it when they chose to.

I mean...

Rushers aren't going to stop zoren-coptering to take cover just because there is a command for it.

The whole argument that cover system would break the pace is a pile of crud.

Now that is not to say that a cover system is "needed" in combat.

In fact a lot of times it wouldn't even be beneficial and might even be detrimental.

But to have the option for the occasional use of it and primarily it's stealth applications...

would be useful.

Personally I don't care much if they ever put one in.

I wont be offended either way.

I just get sick of BS like "it will break the pace"..psssh.

Cover system for combat: Unnecessary

Cover system for stealth: Could actually work, wouldn't mind sub-missions where you have to go Batman: Arhkam Asylum on people and systematically take them out one by one, hiding inside grates, within the shadows, etc.

They have stated they are doing Rescue missions where you HAVE to use stealth and get to the captured person, and if you get noticed they get executed, so this would be good for that. Maybe also have the ability to use some kind of item to hang from walls as well and move around the entire terrain to avoid being spotted. Would remind me of Ninja Gaiden.

Its not in DE's plans for reasons already mentioned (Break the flow).

And besides, change the binding for the camera side switch button. I put mine on Z, so i can quickly change my point of view and get cover behind corners so the crosshair is free to shoot from behind a cover.

Its not in DE's plans for reasons already mentioned (Break the flow).

And besides, change the binding for the camera side switch button. I put mine on Z, so i can quickly change my point of view and get cover behind corners so the crosshair is free to shoot from behind a cover.

Yes, you can do that, but me, and maybe a few others, like poking their heads out from behind cover like a creepy creeper.

A cover system could be done similar to Tomb Raider's. It's not snap-to-cover like Gears of War and other third-person shooters. It's more natural movement. Like you go up to a corner and your Tenno naturally hugs the wall. That sort of thing. 

A cover system could be done similar to Tomb Raider's. It's not snap-to-cover like Gears of War and other third-person shooters. It's more natural movement. Like you go up to a corner and your Tenno naturally hugs the wall. That sort of thing. 

That would actually work a lot better than click to duck. So if you're running you can still do parkour, and you'll hug the wall if you stop moving so you can still go fast-paced if you choose to, but if you choose to hide against a wall you just stop while against it and you'll go against it. I like that.

Nice.A really quick animation just in the corner of a wall, and moving out with directional keys(not pushing a key that stuck you). Rushers won't use it,it's optional, and you still can go rambo-like.

I think their sentence about this isn't really relevant,becaus they said it when stealth players were nearly a myth. This playstyle is more patient and slower, so it requires it sometimes.

the main concept of warframe is always mobility, we have it as an edge over our enemies. Devs often said they won't take it away.

Yes, but at the same time we're meant to be stealthy. Or, well, you can choose to be stealthy or run head first at your enemy guns blazing. I would prefer to be stealthy but it seems every game I join everyone else is always trying to not be stealthy. It's ridiculous. So with this concept, stealth might actually be easier to do, and more people might use it.