Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory About Infested Ancients

Scarab14

As you all know, the toxic/healer/disruptor ancients don't look similar to other factions' units like crawlers, runners, chargers(Infested Grinder or Corpus).

As a consequence, they're can't be of this epoch's origin, as well as their names indicate. On the other hand, the lore says there were the "Sentients", aliens that attacked the Orokin Empire and provocated the Technocyte Virus' release(then the Tenno killed the Orokin and went to cryosleep).

If you combine these facts, it seems quite logical that the ancients are Infested Sentients. What do you think?

I think it was stated their old model(infested crewman) was removed because lore says ancients are much older than the current factions. IMO its possible that they are infested sentients, but they could also be of every other "iving" origin. To few is known yet about the sentients and other factions....

Edit for mistakes.

Edited by A.o.D.

I believe DE said they were just what happens when the infested have been infected for a really long time. I think it would make more sense for them to be sentients (if sentients aren't machines) but DE doesn't seem to support that. 

^This.  It was in one of the live streams.  Wanna say it was one of the animator or concept artist Q&As.

It's possible some of them could derive from Sentients (assuming the Sentients aren't machines and therefore can be infected), but I think the Ancients are simply highly evolved infested that have taken on there own form rather than a form of infested created from a particular alien species. So a human and some other alien life-form could in theory become a Cthulu-ling given enough time.

Or at least that's how I see it.

I believe DE said they were just what happens when the infested have been infected for a really long time. I think it would make more sense for them to be sentients (if sentients aren't machines) but DE doesn't seem to support that. 

That's probably a good spin on things, might even give something interesting for lore when we get it.

But the Sentients ARE TENNO.

They're not. The Sentients were invaders(either human, AI or Aliens) that attacked the Orokin Empire. At first, the Tenno fought against them but sided with them in the end for unknown reasons.

Read the wiki's lore page or ask DE if u don't believe me.

Ancients are the Orokin made plague spreaders I belive.

Interesting idea +

Whether they are Sentients, highly evolved Infested or Plague Spreaders, I see that many want to know more about the Infestation's lore. Come on DE!

As you all know, the toxic/healer/disruptor ancients don't look similar to other factions' units like crawlers, runners, chargers(Infested Grinder or Corpus).

As a consequence, they're can't be of this epoch's origin, as well as their names indicate. On the other hand, the lore says there were the "Sentients", aliens that attacked the Orokin Empire and provocated the Technocyte Virus' release(then the Tenno killed the Orokin and went to cryosleep).

If you combine these facts, it seems quite logical that the ancients are Infested Sentients. What do you think?

A good theory, but I doubt it, honestly. They're probably just what their name suggests: "ancient". They USED to look like big Runners/Leapers, though.

Look at Lephantis as well. It doesn't look like anything similar to any living creature, except having the slight Corpus head and the Grineer-looking face. Phorid can't be taken into account, since its model is just a big Charger *for now, even though the Lotus says "an aberration of twisted flesh".

*I don't think they ever stated anywhere that they'd change it, but it would be cool if they did.