Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fanfiction] Wings

Jeahanne

It was only a matter of time until this happened, I'm not too surprised of course. I really do hope this becomes something that I could look back on in my later years, keep up the good work!

Pardon?

*gives a look of supreme confusion*

Thank you I think?

Edited by Jeahanne

Ummm... if you mean before my sad depressing story got a spark of humor? Of course it was bound to happen. Any good story has to have moments of light and dark in order to properly set both comedy and tragedy into their respective lights. If a story (or book, or movie, or whatever) is CONSTANTLY only one or the other, with no breaks, it becomes monotonous, and it is much harder (if not downright impossible) to properly emphasize the highs/lows of the characters and their situations.

Think of it this way. How is dark defined? It is defined as the absence of light. Sadness is the absence of happiness, emptiness is a lack of matter to fill a space, etc. I would be doing my characters a disservice if I didn't emphasize the highs WITH the lows, and placed comedy in juxtaposition of tragedy. It's more typical of reality that way anyway, and I feel this strategy is far more effective than simply relying on one emotion alone for the entirety of the story (in most cases at least).

I can only hope my efforts in trying to convey these things are passable, and speak to others how they do to me, and that I have, perhaps, guessed the meaning of your cryptic statement  at least somewhat correctly.

Kal do a crossover with this.

Don't kill her though.

I'd prefer not to actually. Let Jea finish her story, establish her universe and maybe then think about it. This fantastic story is only at its infancy at the moment. I'd much rather see it end with Jea's vision. No offense to Kal intended obviously.

I'd prefer not to actually. Let Jea finish her story, establish her universe and maybe then think about it. This fantastic story is only at its infancy at the moment. I'd much rather see it end with Jea's vision. No offense to Kal intended obviously.

I didn't mean now, but eventually.

Ummm... if you mean before my sad depressing story got a spark of humor? Of course it was bound to happen. Any good story has to have moments of light and dark in order to properly set both comedy and tragedy into their respective lights. If a story (or book, or movie, or whatever) is CONSTANTLY only one or the other, with no breaks, it becomes monotonous, and it is much harder (if not downright impossible) to properly emphasize the highs/lows of the characters and their situations.

Think of it this way. How is dark defined? It is defined as the absence of light. Sadness is the absence of happiness, emptiness is a lack of matter to fill a space, etc. I would be doing my characters a disservice if I didn't emphasize the highs WITH the lows, and placed comedy in juxtaposition of tragedy. It's more typical of reality that way anyway, and I feel this strategy is far more effective than simply relying on one emotion alone for the entirety of the story (in most cases at least).

I can only hope my efforts in trying to convey these things are passable, and speak to others how they do to me, and that I have, perhaps, guessed the meaning of your cryptic statement  at least somewhat correctly.

I guess I did write it incorrectly. I mean Peri having her own Tenno suit (I think).

It's Jeahanne's story. And it is GOOD.

Wouldn't DREAM of messing this up.

Oh you won't.

Just wait till this is finished.

Then involve them in a chapter or two of one of your stories.

Be sure not to kill anyone though.

(Don't want another George R. R. Martin.(I think that's his name))

I guess I did write it incorrectly. I mean Peri having her own Tenno suit (I think).

Ohh! Sorry I feel like a total idiot now >.<;

I'm sorry!

However... I don't think even Isaac is crazy enough to start handing out warframes to impish little children... not real warframes anyway... maybe... *strokes her nonexistent beard thoughtfully as she ponders new possibilities*

It's Jeahanne's story. And it is GOOD.

Wouldn't DREAM of messing this up.

*squees* Thank you Kal!!! :D

But, Kal, you can't mess anything up, so don't say such heresy xP However, I would be flattered if it was even considered to use one of my characters as a guest in your fanfics... I mean, being the Kalenath fangirl that I am, how could I say no? lol

Edited by Jeahanne

Ohh! Sorry I feel like a total idiot now >.<;

I'm sorry!

However... I don't think even Isaac is crazy enough to start handing out warframes to impish little children... not real warframes anyway... maybe... *strokes her nonexistent beard thoughtfully as she ponders new possibilities*

Seeing as more than one person mistook my message I do not blame you for that, the fault is completely on my side. 

Seeing as more than one person mistook my message I do not blame you for that, the fault is completely on my side. 

Lies! But ok, I shall stop feeling so much like an idiot.

...I'm still sorry though <.<

Edited by Jeahanne

• 2 weeks later...

This is very good, continue til the end of this story! I like the twist on the head of things, with a specific warframe not being the center of the stroy. Anyway, I shall be watching this thread, you've earned yourself a +1 :)

Small complaint, however. Navigating the thread is quite tedious with these large blocks of text, maybe put them in spoilers?