Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vixen - Weapons Based Sniper / Fox

Evariskitsune

Grrr... will not flashback to manga... will not make stupid flashback... will NOT

Which manga?

I've also been thinking about a fame like this but was never able to put it together. Great job! But I do agree with the guy above me.

which one, and given you were thinking about it, perhaps you could give more input?

A sniper based frame (sorry for not clarifying ) and my input is that I like the abilities you have but these are my ideas.

1: Restock- the vixen instantly gain some ammo.( useful after long sniping periods)

2: lock on- when your crosshairs hover over an enemy instantly lock onto their head for a head shot.

3: laser vision : can see enemies through walls(party effect)

4: enchanted chamber: all weapons cause an explosion on impact with aoe scaling directly with damage

You know, when I think of Kitsune, I think of illusions and trikery, not snipers and AOE fire. I know, delayed response, dont hit me.

Which manga?

Funnily, that was meant as a joke. I actually never read manga before. 

Edited by jjpdn

You know, when I think of Kitsune, I think of illusions and trikery, not snipers and AOE fire. I know, delayed response, dont hit me.

Funnily, that was meant as a joke. I actually never read manga before. 

1.  Generally yes, though as far as their hunting style in real life, sniper is probably the closest competition.  With a 75% kill rate through a foot of snow on their prey... yeah...  Plus loki already covers illusions, trickery, and trolling.  As for AoE fire, I'm pulling on the need for CC and playing the mythology card with kitsune, then running with the romanticized manga version which has foxfire as being able to be weaponized.  

2.  really?... well okay then.

Personally I think going further might be OP, especially late-game.  At max in late game, will increase DPS of weapons by 50%... which in the case of things like a maxed penta or boltor prime... yeah...

So I don't think the reload buff is needed.

Well, that certainly makes sense!

At any rate, I love how this would come out. I personally think snipers have been pretty neglected in this game. I await large, swathing plains and fields where a sniper's job will be made apparent: Suppressing enemy advance while your own troops get into more favourable positions, such as flanking and pushing them into a corner, and neutralizing hard targets faster and further than anyone else.

I get the distinct feeling this Fox frame is less of a divine manifestation and rather, more like the earthly representation of nature's brutal cunning. An embodiment of the physical realm's speed, agility, precision and lethality. 

At least, inasmuch as our Warframes are considered "Natural". I personally would like this idea. I do hope the snipers get a slight upgrade, though. But even as they're out-dps-ed by bows, they still maintain the advantage of hit-scan, infinite range and a faster fire rate. Hopefully, future maps will further highlight the sniper's strength.

Okay. Well, I should point out that I haven't read all 3 pages of this thread, so if I've missed anything important that you've said, then I'm sorry. :P

Two things that I'd like to point out, though: For the sake of originality, get rid of the decoy part of the third power. It reminds me too much of Loki's Decoy. And also, about the fourth power: Someone said that it sounds a bit too Ember-ish. He's right. At least use something that ties into the theme of a weapons-based warframe. 

May I suggest an example (you don't have to use this; I'm just tossing out a suggestion):

Fourth power-Shockwave: Vixen jumps into the air and lands hard on the ground, sending out a shockwave that sends enemies flying away from her. The enemies will take damage when they hit objects. Shockwave also allows bonus damage to be dealt to enemies who survive being thrown by the shockwave. 

Okay. Well, I should point out that I haven't read all 3 pages of this thread, so if I've missed anything important that you've said, then I'm sorry. :P

Two things that I'd like to point out, though: For the sake of originality, get rid of the decoy part of the third power. It reminds me too much of Loki's Decoy. And also, about the fourth power: Someone said that it sounds a bit too Ember-ish. He's right. At least use something that ties into the theme of a weapons-based warframe. 

May I suggest an example (you don't have to use this; I'm just tossing out a suggestion):

Fourth power-Shockwave: Vixen jumps into the air and lands hard on the ground, sending out a shockwave that sends enemies flying away from her. The enemies will take damage when they hit objects. Shockwave also allows bonus damage to be dealt to enemies who survive being thrown by the shockwave. 

You have missed some more important bits. 

As for the decoy bit; that was a suggestion by another person on page 2 as a middleground between loki's decoy and Saryn's shed skin.  The fourth power is based on the mythology and theme of the frame, rather than the weapons focus, as I couldn't come up with a good weapons focus ultimate... and the shockwave you suggested doesn't fit at all with a sleek, light frame theme at all, let alone a fox.  It sounds more rhino-ish than anything, to be honest.

Well, that certainly makes sense!

At any rate, I love how this would come out. I personally think snipers have been pretty neglected in this game. I await large, swathing plains and fields where a sniper's job will be made apparent: Suppressing enemy advance while your own troops get into more favourable positions, such as flanking and pushing them into a corner, and neutralizing hard targets faster and further than anyone else.

I get the distinct feeling this Fox frame is less of a divine manifestation and rather, more like the earthly representation of nature's brutal cunning. An embodiment of the physical realm's speed, agility, precision and lethality. 

At least, inasmuch as our Warframes are considered "Natural". I personally would like this idea. I do hope the snipers get a slight upgrade, though. But even as they're out-dps-ed by bows, they still maintain the advantage of hit-scan, infinite range and a faster fire rate. Hopefully, future maps will further highlight the sniper's strength.

I do hope for future maps more suited to snipers as well.  I mean heck, we're playing space ninjas.  Ninjas were known for trying to stay hidden, not get caught, avoid fighting as much as possible, and when assassinating, they did it in whatever way would be safest... and when rifles showed up, ninjas became snipers IRL much of the time.  

... So yeah it's kinda ridiculous.  I mean we don't even have a proper stealth system and we still go with the whole 'ninja' theme in design and by what the devs have said. 

Edited by Evariskitsune

Ok the Stealth neds to go away, sorry but we already have too many steath skills. What about a skill where she uses her "tails" to claw herself to a surface.

Say your Wall running upwards then use the skill to grab yourself into the Wall at enough height to cover a large área. This would play in favor of the unpredictable aspect of the sniper as well as the tricky nature of the kitsune.

Last or X amount of seconds and give an accuracy bonus since your in a sniping position.

For hel ult: Vixen leaps into the air in a wide arc spinning while shooting fireballs below her dealing fire damage to all enemies below. Enemies struck by the fireballs will have their armor melted allowing Vixed to keep distance and take enemies down easily.

Ok the Stealth neds to go away, sorry but we already have too many steath skills. What about a skill where she uses her "tails" to claw herself to a surface.

Say your Wall running upwards then use the skill to grab yourself into the Wall at enough height to cover a large área. This would play in favor of the unpredictable aspect of the sniper as well as the tricky nature of the kitsune.

Last or X amount of seconds and give an accuracy bonus since your in a sniping position.

For hel ult: Vixen leaps into the air in a wide arc spinning while shooting fireballs below her dealing fire damage to all enemies below. Enemies struck by the fireballs will have their armor melted allowing Vixed to keep distance and take enemies down easily.

Personally I feel we need more stealth frames rather than less, (the whole space ninja bit, ninja's original meaning means "the art of preserving stealth" so kinda favoring that) but that's a personal opinion.  Hence why I've been in favor of this frame having a stealth ability since the beginning.

As for the ult, Seems to brute-forceish by the way you described. 

Personally I feel we need more stealth frames rather than less, (the whole space ninja bit, ninja's original meaning means "the art of preserving stealth" so kinda favoring that) but that's a personal opinion.  Hence why I've been in favor of this frame having a stealth ability since the beginning.

As for the ult, Seems to brute-forceish by the way you described. 

I needed an idea for her ult so thats the closest thing i could came up whit.

Anyway about the stealth, think about this: the concept of stealth is to be out of sight, using all means nessesary to evade your oponents and complete your mission. That doesnt mean that you have to be invisible.

Ninjas where masters of stealth cause they knew how to exploid their enviroment in their favor like hidding in shadows, hanging on the seeling, disguises, distraction and deception so my point of giving Vixen the ability to hang on the ceeling/walls is to enhance your posibilitie to hide from the enemy, to give her tails (i will give her tails) a funtion and to enhance her snipping nature, also to make her unique and while i think the ability to hang on walls and stuff should be natural to all warframes but this is what we got so i had to work whit it.

Sorry i didnt answered sooner, the diarrea just dropped me, but im better now.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

I needed an idea for her ult so thats the closest thing i could came up whit.

Anyway about the stealth, think about this: the concept of stealth is to be out of sight, using all means nessesary to evade your oponents and complete your mission. That doesnt mean that you have to be invisible.

Ninjas where masters of stealth cause they knew how to exploid their enviroment in their favor like hidding in shadows, hanging on the seeling, disguises, distraction and deception so my point of giving Vixen the ability to hang on the ceeling/walls is to enhance your posibilitie to hide from the enemy, to give her tails (i will give her tails) a funtion and to enhance her snipping nature, also to make her unique and while i think the ability to hang on walls and stuff should be natural to all warframes but this is what we got so i had to work whit it.

Sorry i didnt answered sooner, the diarrea just dropped me, but im better now.

1.  I understand.

2.  This is quite true, but clinging to walls with a tail just seems, eh, I dunno. Odd, I guess, that ability just seems too monkey-like I guess.

3.  I understand.   

1.  I understand.

2.  This is quite true, but clinging to walls with a tail just seems, eh, I dunno. Odd, I guess, that ability just seems too monkey-like I guess.

3.  I understand.   

Well is not like we are going to call her Son Goku or anything right? besides a profetional prefers funtionality over looks, but it doesnt hurt to have both.

Well is not like we are going to call her Son Goku or anything right? besides a profetional prefers funtionality over looks, but it doesnt hurt to have both.

Right, but even still.  A sonic rip-off with heli-tails or an illusion based power would be more fox-like and be functional as well.

Right, but even still.  A sonic rip-off with heli-tails or an illusion based power would be more fox-like and be functional as well.

Well the heli-tails sound better than another invisibility character that would eventually be called a Loki rip off.

Heli tails would be interresting but how to implement it without looking silly...

Well the heli-tails sound better than another invisibility character that would eventually be called a Loki rip off.

Heli tails would be interresting but how to implement it without looking silly...

Is Ash called a Loki rip off ever?  Because I haven't seen such.

And yeah...

Well people constantly say Loki is superior to ash in every way, and they are kinda right.... exept for defences Ash is much thougher but still Loki's deception based skills are far superior.

The thing is people try to play them the same way.  Loki is a trickster, and Ash is a ninja.  Two different things, two different playstyles to keep in mind.  Which is why I don't see the problem with one or more of the following as a 3rd ability.

1. stealth/invisibility

2. decoy/clone

3. transform/disguise

4. illusions/confusion/stun/etc

Evariskitsune But ash doesnt have that much utility and his damage quickly falls off lategame :/

The thing whit Invisibility is that now people think thats the only way to steath while there is so much more that it can be done there.

Even though Ash's damage quickly falls off late game doesn't mean he doesn't have much utility.  Bladestorm gives him invulnerability for the animation which is enough time to restart the shields charging.  Ash's teleport can be used differently from Loki's and is still quite useable with good aim.  And while the invisibility doesn't last as long it's still good.

And while invisibility isn't the only way to truly do stealth, it's going to take an overhaul of everything else before anything but invisibility is -decent- for stealth.  Sure with skill you can get around it other ways... but then it comes heavily down to luck. 

-Her stats seem to be well balanced. 

-I really like her fourth power; kind of a turn and burn move

-Her stealth power might need to be reduced to a max of 3.5 seconds, as to not make her another invisibilty-reliant frame like Loki and Ash

-Her frist two powers sound great for snipers, but imagine combining them both and using the Soma...would deal and incredible amount of damage, a bit too OP for the game. So maybe adjust buff percentages or durations on those.

-Her stats seem to be well balanced. 

-I really like her fourth power; kind of a turn and burn move

-Her stealth power might need to be reduced to a max of 3.5 seconds, as to not make her another invisibilty-reliant frame like Loki and Ash

-Her frist two powers sound great for snipers, but imagine combining them both and using the Soma...would deal and incredible amount of damage, a bit too OP for the game. So maybe adjust buff percentages or durations on those.

Well I figured 5 seconds was well below Ash's 8 seconds, and given loki gets 10... I didn't think it would be of concern.  Especially with the higher energy cost.

As for the first two powers... eh I didn't think they'd be that bad.  Though the Soma in particular wouldn't benefit as greatly as some weapons... I see the point, as it is a fairly linear 50% DPS boost to whatever weapon is being used.  At the same time, given weapon builds late game one-shot most things anyway... I can't say I see too much of a problem in general.  Though I'd be more than open to discussion on tweaks that could be done.