The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Ability Feedback

Fayde8

Ok so the one ability I wanted to try with Hydriod last night was his tier 3 ability that turns you in to a puddle (sorry I forget the name). I was doing a defense mission solo, just to try out the new Warframe.

So I click 3 and turn into a puddle... I had leveled the mod up to max rank and had a max rank Continuity equipped to increase the duration, which seemed logical to me. I had no idea how long it was supposed to last.

So I use the ability and... a 30 second timer starts in my ability bar... And I'm stuck in a puddle. I can't move, and I can't turn back into a Warframe... I'm literally stuck for 30 seconds doing absolutely nothing. I tried hitting 3 again to get out of "puddle mode" but it did not work...

And then the cryo pod was killed since I could not defend it. Wow, that was a shame, I was on the final wave too.

IMO, the puddle ability needs to have a way to cancel it! It's not like Nyx's ability where you are stuck, building up damage, and then explode in a massive AoE with a big benefit for sitting still for so long. As a puddle, you just sit there... I think this ability would be fun if you could "un-puddle" yourself at will. But right now, I won't be using it ever again.   :(   This would be even worse in group games, forcing people to stop to have to wait for you after all the enemies are already killed. (Or in PUGs, not waiting and running way ahead of you.)

Edited by Fayde8

you can unpuddle by trying to move in a certain direction for a while. Doesn't take long but I agree you should be able to unpuddle just by pressing 3 again.

In general the frame is a bit clunky at best, but I digress.

you can unpuddle by trying to move in a certain direction for a while. Doesn't take long but I agree you should be able to unpuddle just by pressing 3 again.

In general the frame is a bit clunky at best, but I digress.

Cool, that's good to know that there is a potential way to end the ability prematurely. Thanks! I'll have to try that.

If an Energy Leecher enters the puddle, you start losing energy lol.

Also I have to believe that Healers....heal the mobs inside the puddle....

The puddle skill is kind of weird to use. It's awesome as it sucks in enemies and damages them, but....you would be doing nothing for so long.

Right now I only use it as my quick brb button or panic button. 

High levels never really seem to die, and I end up surrounded by them after the skill is over. 

Also, occasionally I seem to notice a funny miniature me while being liquid. xD

If an Energy Leecher enters the puddle, you start losing energy lol.

Also I have to believe that Healers....heal the mobs inside the puddle....

The puddle skill is kind of weird to use. It's awesome as it sucks in enemies and damages them, but....you would be doing nothing for so long.

Right now I only use it as my quick brb button or panic button. 

High levels never really seem to die, and I end up surrounded by them after the skill is over. 

Also, occasionally I seem to notice a funny miniature me while being liquid. xD

Good info! Thanks!   :)

None of his abilities are really outstanding, the tentacles are like Zephyrs tornados without the mobility, the cannon fire seems to delay just long enough to allow mobs to clear the impact area, the tidal wave is a decent slash dash substitute and the puddle is ..... sort of useless in a funny looking way.

At least he's not as junk as the Valkyr, and his "Hammer Pants" are pretty cool.

Edited by Keltik0ne

Valk is decent. Falls off at later levels with survivability and damage (l60 perhaps) but otherwise, she's good. Tankiest of the frames..If hysteria draws aggro still.

This guy has excellent support through his 3 and 4 and his damage on 4 is no joke. Don't know about how mods work with 1 or how 2 works though

Am I the only one who feels like the puddle is a tad to pricey? 75 energy seams steep for a panic button, I think 50 would be better, you know, like:

Invisibility (50)

Radial Blind (50)

Terrify (50)

Iron Skin (50)

Snow Globe (50)

Smoke Bomb (35)

Molt (50)

ect.. the list goes on. the exception is none of these abilities inhibit the player. None of them stop you from moving. so at LEAST 50 would be a good buff. But I'd even say 25 or 35 would be well deserved.

His puddle is essentially like V1.0 bastille when used against infested as it has no target cap.

It can and will suck up an infinite amount of infested, and if you have multiple E-Siphons running you can keep it up forever.

That allows you to essentially AFK to whatever wave of defense you want by just hitting 3 whenever it expires.

It does have its upsides:

-If you're hosting bleed/burn wont hurt but will still tick down

-Shields restore

-Cant be hurt by other attacks while in the puddle

-Prevents leaders/prosecutor auras affecting units outside the puddle.

Overall its a strong skill that will probably be nerfed (most likely a target cap).

Things that I would personally suggest to change on Undertow:

- It should be dealing a % damage of the drowning mob's maximum HP, because I doubt just because your high-level, your lungs are able to hold breath for several minutes. In fact, I would suggest such changes to all abilities, to make endgame viable for caster frames.

- Enemies inside the puddle are removed from the pathing, so other enemies behind them don't get stuck at the border of the puddle, running into invisible obstacles.

- Enemies inside the puddle shouldn't be able to use powers or auras - and shouldn't be audible. Force all drowning mobs to instead make bubbling noises. Maybe when they die there's a ripple in the water where their last breath comes up, too.