Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Plays Melee Only?

Mainabi

I have been playing almost entirely melee so far. But I usually bring at least a pistol with me to take care of things like security cameras and regulators if I need to.

Though it is fun taking them out with flying spin attacks or wall attacks if you can.

I have done several missions melee only. I love the feel of it even with the few flaws that is has. I am currently running the orthos prime with this build http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Orthos_prime/t_30_000000030_31-2-5-225-1-3-240-5-3-243-4-3-244-0-5-245-7-5-247-3-5-266-6-3-312-8-3_244-9-225-7-31-7-247-9-243-9-240-7-266-7-245-6-312-5/en/4-0-47 

On a side note first mission I went on was with orthos prime on a t3 survival went from level 1-19 with no other weapons equipped that was crazy  

who of you guys plays melee only? and what's your build?

I do, and i mostly use the Nikana.  Once did i go into survival somewhere in Ceres, and when the G3 showed up, i took them all down with my Ether Reaper in less than half a minute.  That was fun.  So glad they added Melee 2.0.  Just wish they would put charged attacks back into the game.  2.0 (the weapons) feels incomplete without them.

I've been using Just Excal Prime and Dakra Prime with the Crimson Dervish stance and I've been doing pretty well so far. I have a setup that gives me a large amount of Stamina so I can block,deflect, and close the distance, almost always have a chance to parry and execute, and still doing amazing combo damage.

Been going to Ceres Survivals and doing pretty well. A good sign. :D

Used to shoot once in a while before Damage 2.0 got released. After Damage 2.0, I've only been Melee-only.

Now with the Melee 2.0, yep, still Melee-only!

Melee FTW!

you can jump slide melee

Did they fix it for the Void drones? Void drones used to be completely immune against melee weapons. Jump-slide or even hitting them with long range weapons, such as Orthos, didn't deal any damage.

EDIT:

Unless it's been fixed, no you can't. They're just straight melee-immune aside from the splash on downward jump attacks.

Only Void drones were immune to melee attacks. Had no problem killing them with jump-slides. The hit should land somewhere between the middle and the end of the slide. Otherwise, it won't hit.

Edited by KingTaro

Only Void drones were immune to melee attacks. Had no problem killing them with jump-slides. The hit should land somewhere between the middle and the end of the slide. Otherwise, it won't hit.

Yeah, my bad. I meant the Void ones specifically.

Edited by Worira