The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Needs A Buff

.Talia.

"needs"?   why exactly?   its a low mastery weapon, it deserves to be low/average.

Please stop with this. 

If you guys are going to keep going with this argument then we need a high-mastery equivalent of the weapon that isn't completely worthless. 

If one doesn't exist then you don't have a goddamn leg to stand on. 

Soma was Mastery 3. I guess it was made weak then...oh, nope, it was made mastery 6 and strongest full-auto weapon now after synapse

then change galatine to rank6 to match, then its worth crying for buffs.

galatine was leaps and bounds better than everything bar none for no good reason and a low grade market item, that wasnt right.

Edited by Methanoid

galatine was leaps and bounds better than everything bar none for no good reason and a low grade market item, that wasnt right.

It was better because of its charge damage, which was painful to mod for and most players at M3 or even 5 wouldn't be able to mod it properly to it's potential Pre-Melee 2.0

Even then it didn't scale too high unless you ran a Loki spamming charge attacks. 

You can hit for over 100k per hit with the right Galatine setup if you channel.

I honestly think it is OK because its spike damage in ludicrous.

That's not Galatine's spike damage though.  You'd have got that spike with any other weapon given the same circumstances.

Fine, I don't think many of us here would have a problem with that.  And neither would the person you've quoted.  That was his whole point.

Fine, I don't think many of us here would have a problem with that.  And neither would the person you've quoted.  That was his whole point.

all weapons need tiered/balanced/altered to suit their mastery level and/or difficulty to aquire in the case of primes, still ridiculous that a galatine was the best charge dmg wpn and therefore the only/best melee wpn of all time in melee1.0, also silly that mastery rank 0 weapons like the grakata outperform many clantek that have a much higher MR requirement.

WTB: Weapon balance based on tiering, even if that means just altering a MR requirement like the galatine should have had back when the soma was changed, again stupid that 1 was seen as insane powerful/op and got "balanced" mastery rank wise and the other was just left there, esp at a time when "typically op" was considered a rhino with galatine+soma as the be-all/end-all setup.

all weapons need tiered/balanced/altered to suit their mastery level and/or difficulty to aquire in the case of primes, still ridiculous that a galatine was the best charge dmg wpn and therefore the only/best melee wpn of all time in melee1.0, also silly that mastery rank 0 weapons like the grakata outperform many clantek that have a much higher MR requirement.

WTB: Weapon balance based on tiering, even if that means just altering a MR requirement like the galatine should have had back when the soma was changed, again stupid that 1 was seen as insane powerful/op and got "balanced" mastery rank wise and the other was just left there, esp at a time when "typically op" was considered a rhino with galatine+soma as the be-all/end-all setup.

I guess you never played Nova then.  Rhino+Galatine would be lucky to get one hit in.

See, from my perspective, Mastery Rank (and MR-locked weapons) is a bad system in the first place, and tying more things into it is just going to make everything more of a mess.

And I certainly wouldn't consider Melee 1.0 Galatine to be as out of control of a weapon as The Stupid Broken Rifle That Shall Not Be Named. 

I've tried a few builds on it, and honestly... the Galatine IS weak.

Up until you run around with it on a Loki. Charged up, mine was pulling 9-10k a hit.

The weird part though, is that it's jump attack did sweet eff all compared to just spamming E.

Never liked the Galatine. Always stayed to my Gram (did they made it smaller?). I think they should just bring charge attacks back.

Well, but then they would have to admit they were wrong, which no dev ever will.

I dont see anyone using melee weapons. Its less than before. People rather wait for their main weapon to reload instead of using their melee when surrouded.

Yeah, Galatine is absolutely garbage until you get the Cleaving Whirlwind stance. For some reason, the damage done on basic strikes ranges on mine from 600-1200 on a basic attack fully modded out, but the whirlwind combo (EE Pause EEEEEE) whirls six times, and each individual whirl does two AoE strikes that can hit for 4-6k unchanneled.

Ok, now ive got Cleaving Whirlwind and its BS. Realy BS. With channeling it will eat up energy very fast and hit for low damage, without it will deal almost no damage and those 4-6k everyone is talking about are crits with organ shatter, which means you get your 6-4k damage at every 6th hit (16% with true steel, could get to 20% with true punishment, but cmon, no one would use it).

So the weapon is still unusable and i cant get any damage out of it.

Current build:

Spoiled Strike

Pressure Point

Killing Blow

Corrupt Charge

Organ Shatter

True Steel

Focus Energy

Fever Strike

Spoiled Strike

Pressure Point

Voltaic Strike

Fury

Organ Shatter

True Steel

Molten Impact

Fever Strike

People are claiming to get 64k, 100k and even 400k crits with it, but its the case of "loool, omfg, rofl - look at dat number" and then roll with 1-2k per hit again. Thats adorable, that you can push the weapon to such ultra high crits, but there is no boss or anything there, that would have some sort of damage threshhold you would have to pass, like any damage below 200k is getting ignored or something.

I doubt anyone goes into battles with it all like "Well...i sure will have to hit them 20 times, but when it procs i will kill them".

And yes, i am pi55ed and bu77hurt, because it was a great weapon and now its only good for decoration and ocasional "Lol, ive critted the ancient after only 200 strikes"