Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pressure Point Should Go Up To +220% At Least.

Loveshack

Pressure Point should go up to +220% at least.  

This would put the base modifiable damage proportionally on par with sidearm weapons.

Because melee weapons generally have higher base damage, there is no need for a "multishot" equivalent, but bringing the base damage mod on par with firearms would be a bold step forward in making melee damage output closer to firearms.

We have spoiled strike. And I mean, my dragon nikana finisher crits at 150k damage and other than that it hits 5k with channel and much more with crits.

I consider the dragon nikana a bit of an outlier as it does so much more damage than most of the other weapons.  Its the new galatine, which could do similar damage with charge attacks before the new combat system came out.

Despite being able to land big damage hits, the slower attack speed, limited map presence, far lower effective DPS, and infinitely slower target acquisition of melee weapons vs all firearms leads me to still think melee weapons should do even more damage, and not just with channeling, but quick attacks also - thus the pressure point buff as I suggested it.

Steel charge has % 60 damage in contrast to 22.5 of rifle amp, and 5 k per hit sword ( without crits) can hit up to 5 enemies, occasionally raising dps by 5, and yet there are combos with hits in faster succession than usual, raising the dps even further. Also when you add some fury, you have even more occasional dps because combo meter goes up faster, and as if that isnt enough knockdown finisher combos give you even more damage. So, while melee dps is too occasional, if used correctly, can surpass many weapons. Not even talking about stealth 4x damage boost of excalibur, ash and loki, as well as other damage abilities and volt speed, which raises melee combo to extremes.

Edited by Cemges

Give me 220% damage mods and my Glaive Prime will replace every single firearm that you could possibly want to wield.

Seriously, it already hits for thousands of damage, has punch through, hits twice, and EXPLODES for an even more powerful hit.

And then actual melee weapons will be even worse, and will just rip through every enemy ever. (I prefer the Glaive though, more versatile.)