Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Multi-Hit For Melee Weapons? :d

Koukiten

So if all other weapons get a multihit/multishot....

why don't the melee weapons get one? :o

I would call it this melee multihit mod...

Resonance

:D!

What do you guys think? ._.

P.S. : I'm not very good at making modifications ^_^;

or making ideas o3o

Edited by Koukiten

.... How do you want to do that captain

Normal? Just like shooting weapons add Multi-Hit or Multi-slash mod for melee weapons 120% to you 2 hits in one swing. Not 2x faster cuts just on swing make 2 hits.

I seriously feel like melee weapons are lack of this, still weaker that shoting weapons because of multishots in them

The last thing we need are more "mandatory" mods.

I'd much rather the devs just build upon the current variety of mods that we have now. Melee weapons already have too many required mods; making them fall into the dismal state of primaries and secondaries is a bad idea.

Edited by SortaRandom

I'm not a fan of multi-hit mods...

I mean, the idea is pretty sound, additional attacks improves burst damage - Though for this game they also went for free additional attacks (If it was just chance to do an extra attack but it still cost ammo then it'd only be good for burst damage and wouldn't be effective for sustained DPS especially for weapons with long reload times)

The reality is that it becomes so potent that it's mandatory to have them. Just like the base +damage mods - You HAVE to have them or you're seriously gimping your damage output. For example, I don't think I've seen a secondary weapon build that doesn't use Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent + Hornet Strike, which is 36 mod space taken up with mandatory mods (Not including any elemental mods or Polarities reducing that)

As far as improving melee weapons via mods go, I'd rather they focus on making the Channeling mods good as well as looking at more interesting corrupted mods (Powerful benefits with downsides - Makes it more interesting to make a build rather than just slapping on X, Y and Z because they're not only the strongest mods but also have no downsides)

Most Melee weapons Cleave which is basically a multi hit.

There are stance mods (If youre lucky enough to get one) that gives even more cleave and even some stances that give cleave to previously non-cleaving weapons.

Also there is a mod out there that reflects damage on block... its kinda OP at the moment, try it out.

That hits as many mobs that are shooting at you as long as your stamina lasts.

Don't know about you but Melee weapons hit so fast now that you dont really need a multi hit on it.

We need Nunchaku !

Edited by Lickity-Split