The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hypothetically Speaking, What's The Best Possible Team You Can Have?

Metronome

Question

I'm gonna go with Trinity, Rhino, Nyx, Booben.

Trinity/Rhino because tanks for days + CC + Heals + Utility.

Nyx for Free Win button.

Vauban because I imagine sticking 40 turrets on a Rhino as he charges into large groups of enemies would be humorous. 

I'm honestly surprised to see how poorly most of these teams are designed as many of them would not be able to survive past 1 hour/40 waves.  Most of them are based inappropriately on fixed damage sources.  There are a few combos like Nyx+Nova that seem ideal but the slow effect from Nova can be problematic as it affects the enemies' attack rate.

Overall I think everyone agrees that Trinity secures a spot strictly from making everyone immortal.  For Survival Nekros is a requirement.  For Corpus Mag is a requirement.  Nyx scales infinitely.  Banshee provides the highest possible damage bonus at over 10x.  The rest all have some function but it really depends what mission is being played and what the goal is.  I really don't think there is a best team without having the mission details and goal listed.  In some cases running faster and quitting at a specific point is needed and other times the goal is to survive as long as possible.

Nova is probably an easy choice for damage because of the near limitless damage output on Antimatter drop, and double damage from Mol prime.

Problem is keeping multiple AM orbs fed is tricky and often requires you to be the host.

I like Volt / Ember for running Invasions, Volt keeps runspeed going, while ember runs world on fire, and the team simply runs the map, for a very fast G3 / harvester mark.

Guest Shibboleet

I'm gonna go with Trinity, Rhino, Nyx, Booben.

Trinity/Rhino because tanks for days + CC + Heals + Utility.

Nyx for Free Win button.

Vauban because I imagine sticking 40 turrets on a Rhino as he charges into large groups of enemies would be humorous. 

Actual record breaking team comps so far have been created by using the following formula:

-Defense:

Grineer:

Frost [insert] [insert] EV Trinity

Corpus:

Frost Mag [insert] EV Trinity

-Survival:

Grineer:

Nekros [insert] [insert] Trinity

Corpus:

Nekros [insert] Mag Trinity

*[insert] = Best frame for the sync; In general it's either utility that comes with damage, or buff that comes with damage

*Awaits Trinity rebalance*

Edited by Shibboleet

it all depense  but i'd go 

banshee for demage,

if it's infested then vauban if not then frost,

nekros is allways good never mind what your trying to achieve ,

and the forth has to be trinity offcures, for invurnability ..

weapons ? depense, if it's defence then 

1 fully modded ogris (spread for small big enemy groups)

1 fully modded dread (bow for tougher enemies)

1 fully modded boltor prime (for the mid range enemys)

1 fully modded brakk (to wipe out what the other 3 have missed preferably the nekros who needs to desecrate all the time)

i think 

One of the best corpus defense runs I have ever had was the following setup:

Frost Prime

Mag Prime

Trinity

Volt

Leaving aside weaponry, I suppose this game is not that hard (unless you want to do extreme challenges like 100+ wave defense or 2 hours survival) that you are forced to go with the best possible team, using all possible exploits (or game mechanics) and ultra best builds to beat it. Almost all skills will gradually lose effectivity as the level of the enemies goes up, leaving aside mag's shield polarise, which more or less prevails and frost's snow globe, which now calculates its health with the damage it receives for the very first 5 seconds.

I see, for example, that nobody has mentioned saryn or other frames which are perfectly capable of doing what others do (godamnit, miasma stuns for 4 seconds and deals corrosive damage and venom spores do viral). Perhaps there is a fixation for certain warframes (cough nova rhino cough cough) whereas others are slightly overlook...

Anything has a Trinity

Anything Survival has a Nekros

Anything Defense has at least one of Excal, Nyx or Frost (Vaub for Infested)

Everything else is Penta.

lol i just realized that is actually current day squads maybe we should use loki excal banshee and 

If you want something that works vs all factions, mission type, or difficulty:

-Nekros (farming is a synonym of Warframe, also gives mp/hp, ammo and life in survival)

-Excalibur (max range with a good duration will pretty much be the best defense you can get)

-Nova (mprime with max range and balance damage for nuking, slow and damage boost)

-Rhino /Banshee (for added damage and nuking assistance, frame varies depending on party preference)

defense

nova anti matter drop and mprime

loki obvious RD decoy

rhino roar stomp cc

frost snow globe pod protection/area cc

survival

nova same reasons as defense

loki same as defense/nyx chaos

Nekros desecrate

rhino roar stomp cc

could maybe use a mag instead for pull or nyx for chaos

Nova and a Nekros don't get along too well, mainly because Nova doesn't leave any bodies left to be desecrated when she hits 4. You might want to replace Nova with some other frame like Loki for the fast frame part so you can get to life support as fast as possible. And you don't need two Trinity's if you already have a Nekros for healing from desecrations. If you must have her though, just one is enough. Replace the second one with whatever frame of your choice, it doesn't matter in survivals so long as there is a decent desecrate Nekros on your team.

as a desecrate nekros i have to extremely disagree with you theres enough time to desecrate roughly 2-4 times before you cant anymore the only problem is how you and the nova have built your selves in range

honestly, trinity and nova should be "banned" from this topic, otherwise the answer for everything is : nova + trinity with blessing build (add an optional necros for survival)

But the thread is called "Best possible team". If you are banning those based on them being the best then those would be the answer. He doesn't want "what's a unique team you can come up with that does decently".

mhh yeah i misread a little. Well then, nova and trinity are superior in what they do to any other frame, they kind are a must pick in any ideal composition. then add 2 frame based on the game mode. i'd say:

frost + nyx/loki/necros terrify build for defense (or booban for infested defense)

necros desecrate + volt/rhino/2nd trinity for survival

other: volt+rhino

Edited by xKratos_Aurion