Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tranquil Cleave Combo's, Specifically Moves.

LegacyOfLamb

Has anyone else noticed while performing two of the combo's they each have a sort of "dash" move in them, and with those said moves, they don't really "flow" in my opinion. Most weapons & combo's have flowing combo's and can be executed while on the move, however I feel like with this stance, the Nikana loses some of it's potential when using the dash combo cause of the fact that when moving there is well...no dash at all, and looks quite weird. Anyone else having the same thoughts?

Yeah, I really am hoping for another stance mod, more fitting for the style of the weapon

Tranquil Cleave kind of disappointed me overall, and the Nikana itself, too.

Animation wise, something just seems really stiff and... Not very fitting. The Nikana itself is really thin, almost absurdly so.

Yeah.  The majority of the stance in general feels very stiff, although maybe that was by design.

However, it does feel like there's no point to using anything but Breathless Lunge. It flows the best, has the most number of hits, most mobile, most AoE.  I never really find myself using anything else.

yeah I actually just wrote in the melee 2.0 feed back thread. tranquil cleave needs some looking at. on that note. any longsword (other than skana) with crimson dervish seems to hit much harder than my dragon nikana... which I was sad because I just farmed out the wa zoo trying to get tranquil cleave

Edited by RIOTx

The Tranquil cleave does lack in "eye candy" animation and i do think it does not do the weapon justice with its modest combos. but if you mod it towards a berserker build (berserker mod, fury, true steel, 4 elementals) it quickly turns into this slashing monster that shreds everything below lv 35-40. I used it a lot and experimented with builds and I loved how it handles a berserker build even though it has an OK crit chance couple that with ability to hit multiple enemies and you get this whirling blade of fury once you get that first crit. i just spam E and it combos on it self which is a little weird though really cool.

I hope DE gives another stance and this time it should concentrate on pure speed with rapid flowing slashes and AOE knockdown to get that sense of being unstoppable. I won't mind the painful grind as long as it's worth my time.

Also please make it unsheathed when blocking because i find it really annoying that i'm using the scabbard as a shield and getting this metal sound effects :|

Now if the game could let me decapitate heads using the nikana then i would really love it. 

Edited by H.Katsura_999

The Tranquil cleave does lack in "eye candy" animation and i do think it does not do the weapon justice with its modest combos. but if you mod it towards a berserker build (berserker mod, fury, true steel, 4 elementals) it quickly turns into this slashing monster that shreds everything below lv 35-40. I used it a lot and experimented with builds and I loved how it handles a berserker build even though it has an OK crit chance couple that with ability to hit multiple enemies and you get this whirling blade of fury once you get that first crit. i just spam E and it combos on it self which is a little weird though really cool.

I hope DE gives another stance and this time it should concentrates on pure speed and AOE knockdown to get that sense of being unstoppable. I won't mind the painful grind as long as it's worth my time.

Yeah, you have some valid points, but I don't want a raw powered speedy 1 hit KO weapon, I'd rather have a decently strong one, that LOOKS good and to be able to combo some enemies before they get shredded (going out on a limb here hoping that others feel the same way I do)

as it is right now, im hoping they fix the dragon nikana and tranquil cleave up a bit. as mentioned above, cleaves dash moves don't dash if your already moving, and the energy colour of the dragon nikana always shows up as default unless youre host. minor things, but still could use a fix.

Only likely reason why it seems much more stiff than other stances is because the Nikana, which is modeled after a katana, is a single edged sword. thus you cant have fluid back and forth movements that other single weapons have. Dual weapons with one edge avoid that problem with there being two, but the Nikana isnt dual. ANd heavy weapons generally have a fluid movement that requires alot of spins and "throwing the weight" of the weapon around, which is unnecessary and wouldnt fit a Katana based sword. It has a certain fluidity to it but nothing on the same level as other weapons mostly due to design.