Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De=Unreliable?

DJ-7809

So, I love DE.

I have played Warframe for close to 14 months, or whenever it was that it hit Open beta. Don't remember exactly the date.

I have loved it for a long, long time.  I've seen almost every bit of post-open beta launch material, not missing a thing.  Haven't missed an event, or a content release, or a Warframe.  I love this game 100%

So when I say that I'm slowly becoming more and more disappointed with it, and DE, I say it because I truly care about this game, not from just another flame perspective.

Update 13.  Needed more time.  We get it!  But that means we had to wait an extra week, without a Tenno Reinforcement, an extra week of boredom and grinding.  Then, they give us Melee 2.0, which honestly is very good, but hiding a lot of it behind a grind wall was annoying.  Understandable, it definately increased the gameplay value of several old tilesets not played often, but....more grind? Jeez.  And then the half-baked Dark Sectors.  I get it, they're "placeholders" but honestly, I hate the way they are currently.  Just constant petty squabble over 0% taxes.  And they're just bloody useless to play right now.  What happened to the Free Roam?  What happened to the packs of Kubrows roaming around the Badlands? I thought the Rails were supposed to take us OUT OF the Solar System we currently occupy!  Not just to yet another ship in the middle of it, crawling with infested.  I thought we'd get something special out of them.  That was a disappointment.

This week, I'm all hyped for Kubrows, hoping they'd be released, and we get a post from Rebecca saying that there wouldn't be any content along with the hotfix, and then another post from Megan saying now we have to wait until tomorrow for just the plain fixes.  Don't get me wrong, I love being in the loop, I like this far more than two weeks ago, when they postponed it at the last second after major hype and buildup, but this still feels unreliable, and, honestly, I'm already content-starved from U13.  Because of the grind, the major issue of Warframe.  But that's topic for another thread.  

The point is, DE is becoming less and less reliable, and more and more grind-heavy.  I just can't help but feel like everyone's complaints fall on deaf ears when they postpone things again and again.  Now I understand this week, what with the DDoS issues, but this whole "postpone EVERYTHING" really, really can't become a habit of DE.  

Aside from that, we had the issue of the week when we were promised this magical "Lore" in the devstream, and then received a tiny paragraph in the proto excalibur description?  Don't get me wrong, that's my favorite Warframe, and the skin looks incredible.  But honestly, we were expecting some actual Lore content in the update!  Not another tiiiiiiny little paragraph teaser-thing.  And that's just frustrating.

So all in all, every single week, in the past 4, have been very, very disappointing for Warframe.  And it's really getting old.

A plea to DE, don't let this whole "postpone everything" become a habit.  You've had your reasons, legitimate 100%, but it's still very disappointing each time.  And it makes it harder to hate you guys, because i've loved this game for a very long time, and that your reasons for postponing are very, very good.  I just am getting tired of waiting for my Kubrows I guess.

So now that I've spewed my wine-fueled rant, I'd like to ask if I'm the only one that feels just a little disheartened by these issues.  The lack of a Tenno reinforcement this week.  The lack of it two weeks ago.  The lack of the promised lore 4 weeks ago.  The disappointing Dark Sectors.  Honestly, I have never felt worse about this game than the past month.  

To be fair, we just had a DDoS attack, which might've thrown today's intended update off the rails. That being said, I can see where you're coming from in that a lot of things released recently could've been done better to say the least. It seems like a good time to take a break in general for Warframers, let DE polish things up, and come back later.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

To be fair, we just had a DDoS attack, which might've thrown today's intended update off the rails. That being said, I can see where you're coming from in that a lot of things released recently could've been done better to say the least. It seems like a good time to take a break in general for Warframers, let DE polish things up, and come back later.

I know, I mentioned the DDoS, but it doesn't make the lack of a tenno reinforcement any less disappointing.  It means that it's not quite DE's fault, but it's still disappointing.

oh just to let you know it was literally impossible for them to release a tenno reinforcement the day it was delayed for the last time

:3  kubrows yeah I need one but I never expected them In U13

I expected 'em in U13.  I don't quite know why, but I really thought they were coming then.  But I suppose that was my own fault, fueled my own hype train.

All things considered, the 0% tax deal isn't a special event DE is forcing everyone to do. Sure, it's a major pain that there's no battle pay and a lot of the Dark Sector content has gone to waste already, but it's mostly because Clans/Alliances are having turf wars for our votes...

...And really wasting a bunch of good Infested farming missions.....

It's either that they have some very big content releases coming up, they're having developement issues, or they're just getting the simple "what do we do next?" brain farts; but as far as a F2P game goes, DE has probably done the best and most high quality job i've ever seen in a F2P next to War Thunder and such. Just give them time and voice your opinions on how to fix the present problems (Specifically the Dark Sectors and lack of more melee combos).

Also think of it this way. At least they're not SOE where their own forums hate them with a burning passion.

1. Melee 2.0 didn't need to be tied to update 13; it was originally a part of update 12 that needed more time.

2. Grinding is the only logical way to get newly released mods

3. I was hoping Dark Sectors would have something to do with endgame

4. I like where clans and dojo's are headed with update 13

Ultimately, DE is reliable but they are taking a while to add more real progression to the game. Wait for Mastery 2.0.

Postpone everything? I, on one hand, think DE did a more than reasonable job. Their only issue is hyping things up to be more than they actually are. And making deadlines they are unsure of. (A risky sort of "Yes I can!" move)

The work they did and the timeframe needed is perfectly reasonable. They're not "postponing" anything when it is simply not finished.

I want Kubrows as well. It's what I'm looking forward to the most now, but I would be slightly suspicious of the quality if Kubrows were released this week.
You are free to think what you want, but the fact is that DE doesn't "starve" the players of content just because they feel like it. It's just done when it's done. They tried to rush out an update, and you can see how that turned out. (U13)

I have a feeling they did all of this because the players were tired of them using "Soon™", and they wanted to actually DO something about it, so they gave solid deadlines and tried to rush to meet their own deadlines... but alas they couldn't meet them.

I'd gladly see DE reply with all forms of "
Soon™, right around the corner, still a work in progress", when people ask about updates, as long as they are given enough time to polish up everything and release without all the backlash from players about "not keeping their word." Can we not forgive and forget?

Yes, I know my opinion may be biased to a certain extent, but I also know a small bit of how game asset creation and the production works, so I can only hope the players can be more forgiving. 

Edited by kaboomonme

The feeling I get from the whole process is that one day they sat down and decided to make the game 'that got away.' It seems they did so full steam, half cocked, and partially intoxicated. The general evasiveness I've seen regarding end-game (and the release of supposed end-game content that lacks a real end-game feel) leads me to believe that at this point they don't really know WHAT they want their game to look like. It seems like milestones without a destination. Bless their souls for listening and enduring our bullS#&$, but I get the distinct aroma of aimlessness.

Edited by Hyperius

As a player since the beginning of closed beta, I agree.  The Grind Wall is getting bigger for newbies, and I feel like everything in U13 was just a frame for the next few updates.  Where's the seamless transitions from combo to combo?  It's still spamming melee with an odd modifier in it.  Where are the Kubrows?  Where are the Badlands?  Where is the lore?

DE, I sincerely love you and this game to death, but man is it getting frustrating as of now.  

I love how the clan system let me meet some kewl new people.  I love how the Alliances provide us with an elite group of people to talk to and run with.  I love how you can throw a damn scythe in melee 2.0, or even slash dash without Excalibur.  I love how the Devs care enough to talk to us every other week and play with us EVERY week.  I love how Update night, we get a video of Steve slaving away for us.  But where is what was promised?  Where is the Prize that belongs to Vor?  Where is our Kubrow enemy/ally/faction? Where are the Infested Hive tilesets?

OP: Bump +9001

Edited by Sadisticnerd

The Dark Sectors is a test run for players, and it's a good thing they're placeholders: That suggests that much better content is on the way, while we work out how the Dark Sector should be controlled by clans and alliances.

The 0% tax hoo-haa is actually not a big deal: This is the intended effect. DE isn't going to enforce any tax minimum: That's up to us to decide. There's so many ways to play this Dark Sector thing, but your focus is simply on the frustrating aspect of it. Look forward: After this, everyone knows 0% tax by some no-name, broke-&#! clan isn't going to last. 

Taxes are a must.

At any rate, that by itself is a whole other topic, too. Back to the topic at hand, I still love DE, and I appreciate all that they're doing even while under DDOS fire. I'm sure they never intended the delay, too. Fixes have always been cried for by the community, and I think that it's good they're doing it now, when most people still haven't grinded everything there is in U13. Dark Sectors are occupying the minds of clansmen. 

This is as good a time as any other to initiate fixes and patches along the pot-hole-ridden road they've left behind. It's a long, long road, and this will make it all the more enjoyable for the new comers to walk it. 

I personally support this move. Never had any bad feelings, and I hope I never will.

All things considered, the 0% tax deal isn't a special event DE is forcing everyone to do. Sure, it's a major pain that there's no battle pay and a lot of the Dark Sector content has gone to waste already, but it's mostly because Clans/Alliances are having turf wars for our votes...

...And really wasting a bunch of good Infested farming missions.....

They should have added a minimum tax rate of like 3% or something.  These 0% turf wars are ridiculous.  And the tilesets themselves were just such a disappointment.  I get to go there for Fracturing Wind?  And Warrior's Grip?  That's bloody it?  Special areas endgame my &#!.

It's either that they have some very big content releases coming up, they're having developement issues, or they're just getting the simple "what do we do next?" brain farts; but as far as a F2P game goes, DE has probably done the best and most high quality job i've ever seen in a F2P next to War Thunder and such. Just give them time and voice your opinions on how to fix the present problems (Specifically the Dark Sectors and lack of more melee combos).

Also think of it this way. At least they're not SOE where their own forums hate them with a burning passion.

Well you see, that's what made me love this game and this company so much.  They're undoubtedly the best F2P out there, but that means they're more carefully scrutinized, because their flaws show a little more.  I love this game, don't get me wrong, but waiting for content is without a doubt the most boring thing about this game, except for more grinding!

Your post makes me want to choke you till u die.

You know, some form of specification would be nice.  A sign of intelligence from you, Tenno?  Have you not fully awakened from your long years of Cryosleep?  Go ask a Trinity to heal your noggin'.

we've been suffering through Progressive DDoS attacks. The servers are STILL trying to recover from the Over-Hand Right that just got drilled into them.

I'd honestly be angry if we got content where we should be getting stability fixes. Once i am confident i can run a mission and KEEP THE REWARDS i will get on board any hypetrain that starts.

but for now, we need to fix this train and get it on the rails

<-----Casual Gamer.

Meaning I still haven't come face-to-face with Lephantis; I have plenty of content left to burn through.

Perfect. Enjoy your stay! ;)

To be honest, all this "Grind wall" people are complaining about are really from the vets who have done everything. Their focus is sharp, and their intent is keen. Most newbies when they come in are probably going to be overwhelmed with the new content, and just trying out the place won't feel like a grind.

An example: Derelicts

These were once complained as forcing people to grind, cause of Nav Coordinates, Assassination Nav Coordinates, Mutagen samples and so on. But the truth is, a newbie is more likely to explore every aspect of the map before continuing. After running Defense, Survival, Exterminate, Capture and what not, he'll have enough nav coordinates to go for an Assassination mission of Lephantis, if he so wants.

I remember breaking every damn crate when I first started. Still pretty much do, actually. I love items.

And the fact is, even before then, there's so much crate-smashing to do that NAV coordinates will be the least of their worries. They'll need to play more missions, get more credits, get more weapons, upgrade their warframe, get new mods, upgrade mods, spend more creds.

If you look at it from the lens of a newbie, this is all so wondrous. There's no feeling of grind. It's pretty awesome.

But that in itself is Warframe's weakness, of course: Too much choice, too little guidance. 

But overall, there's a feeling of less grind for newbies. It's only the vets who need to get everything that it seems like a grind. I myself, never cared for Prime gear, so never had to feel like I'm grinding for parts. It came when it came, and life goes on for me. 

That being said, I love the new Vay Hek. .... despite the grind.

^ ^ ^ ^ HYPOCRITE ALERT HAHA!

the thing is I have played this game for 825 hours or so I still explore and find secrets in tile sets and I still don't find it grindy I have fun doing the missions because I like the combat not because of the reward at the end

It also helps to moderate yourself in what you do instead of blowing through everything as fast as you possibly can.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

1. Melee 2.0 didn't need to be tied to update 13; it was originally a part of update 12 that needed more time.

2. Grinding is the only logical way to get newly released mods

3. I was hoping Dark Sectors would have something to do with endgame

4. I like where clans and dojo's are headed with update 13

Ultimately, DE is reliable but they are taking a while to add more real progression to the game. Wait for Mastery 2.0.

I agree with 1-3.

I don't like where clans are headed.  Towards turf wars over 0% tax? Not a good direction to be headed

Postpone everything? I, on one hand, think DE did a more than reasonable job. Their only issue is hyping things up to be more than they actually are. And making deadlines they are unsure of. (A risky sort of "Yes I can!" move)

The work they did and the timeframe needed is perfectly reasonable. They're not "postponing" anything when it is simply not finished.

I want Kubrows as well. It's what I'm looking forward to the most now, but I would be slightly suspicious of the quality if Kubrows were released this week.

You are free to think what you want, but the fact is that DE doesn't "starve" the players of content just because they feel like it. It's just done when it's done. They tried to rush out an update, and you can see how that turned out. (U13)

I have a feeling they did all of this because the players were tired of them using "Soon™", and they wanted to actually DO something about it, so they gave solid deadlines and tried to rush to meet their own deadlines... but alas they couldn't meet them.

I'd gladly see DE reply with all forms of "Soon™, right around the corner, still a work in progress", when people ask about updates, as long as they are given enough time to polish up everything and release without all the backlash from players about "not keeping their word." Can we not forgive and forget?

Yes, I know my opinion may be biased to a certain extent, but I also know a small bit of how game asset creation and the production works, so I can only hope the players can be more forgiving. 

I understand this, and I tried to convey my understanding of their issues in my original post, I said that I understand WHY they had to postpone.  I'm saying don't let it become a habit, because it's disappointing, week after week, when it's just nothing interesteing.  The "Lore" update with the Proto skin?  That was a MASSIVE disappointment.  I was expecting some kind of change to a mission, or better yet, the Vor's Prize quest that we've been waiting for ever since it popped up in the Codex 5 months ago?  But instead, along with some beastin' armor, we got a paragraph of lore, that honestly was useless, considering the Glaive codex.  That's what i"m talking about.  Proto-Excal is my favorite, but honestly, they shouldn't have called it a "lore" update if it was going to be just ONE fuckin paragraph!

The feeling I get from the whole process is that one day they sat down and decided to make the game 'that got away.' It seems they did so full steam, half cocked, and partially intoxicated. The general evasiveness I've seen regarding end-game (and the release of supposed end-game content that lacks a real end-game feel) leads me to believe that at this point they don't really know WHAT they want their game to look like. It seems like milestones without a destination. Bless their souls for listening and enduring our bullS#&$, but I get the distinct aroma of aimlessness.

Well, to a certain extent yes, but they're still saying "no" to things.  Eventually they'll have to say "yes" to a Lore storyline, and a general theme.  I think they can definately do that, because just look at how the community has tried to fill up the gaps!  They need to pick what they want to do, and stick with it, because a PvE game WILL NOT survive without Lore, and Warframe is seriously lacking in it.

As a player since the beginning of closed beta, I agree.  The Grind Wall is getting bigger for newbies, and I feel like everything in U13 was just a frame for the next few updates.  Where's the seamless transitions from combo to combo?  It's still spamming melee with an odd modifier in it.  Where are the Kubrows?  Where are the Badlands?  Where is the lore?

DE, I sincerely love you and this game to death, but man is it getting frustrating as of now.  

I love how the clan system let me meet some kewl new people.  I love how the Alliances provide us with an elite group of people to talk to and run with.  I love how you can throw a damn scythe in melee 2.0, or even slash dash without Excalibur.  I love how the Devs care enough to talk to us every other week and play with us EVERY week.  I love how Update night, we get a video of Steve slaving away for us.  But where is what was promised?  Where is the Prize that belongs to Vor?  Where is our Kubrow enemy/ally/faction? Where are the Infested Hive tilesets?

OP: Bump +9001

100% agree with everything you just said.  DE, dafuq?

The Dark Sectors is a test run for players, and it's a good thing they're placeholders: That suggests that much better content is on the way, while we work out how the Dark Sector should be controlled by clans and alliances.

The 0% tax hoo-haa is actually not a big deal: This is the intended effect. DE isn't going to enforce any tax minimum: That's up to us to decide. There's so many ways to play this Dark Sector thing, but your focus is simply on the frustrating aspect of it. Look forward: After this, everyone knows 0% tax by some no-name, broke-&amp;#&#33; clan isn't going to last. 

Taxes are a must.

At any rate, that by itself is a whole other topic, too. Back to the topic at hand, I still love DE, and I appreciate all that they're doing even while under DDOS fire. I'm sure they never intended the delay, too. Fixes have always been cried for by the community, and I think that it's good they're doing it now, when most people still haven't grinded everything there is in U13. Dark Sectors are occupying the minds of clansmen. 

This is as good a time as any other to initiate fixes and patches along the pot-hole-ridden road they've left behind. It's a long, long road, and this will make it all the more enjoyable for the new comers to walk it. 

I personally support this move. Never had any bad feelings, and I hope I never will.

Well, I understand your perspective.  I'm just so tired of waiting.  And waiting. And waiting.  For everything!  And then being disappointed when that "thing" finally comes along! Melee 2.0 is, undoubtedly, amazing.  But when you get right down to it...it honestly isn't that spectacular. Grind for a stance, so you can look cooler slaughtering enemies.  I just...I think Melee 2.0 is the best thing about U13, but even that was just a tiiiiiny bit disappointing.  I'm just tired of the wait, the hype, and the disappointment.  They need to figure out how to set correct deadlines, have a few "backup" Tenno reinforcements to release when they have to work on something for an extra week.  I mean, if they'd had some kind of sword or something we could play with while we waited an extra week for U13, the Forums wouldn't have exploded QUITE as bad.  But we got a full week of nothing, and now it feels like we're getting another full week of nothing.  That's the problem.