Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe One Of 20 Most Played Games On Steam

pablito77

Who plays Warframe thru Steam?

I do; it like to keep my games all in the same place. Once it was made available, I uninstalled the standalone installer and redownloaded the game through Steam.

Besides, while I'm not focusing on it, the extra Steam Cards, ability to chat through Steam and all those little additions are nice. I'm pretty sure though there's a lot more people playing through the standalone launcher... that and since Warframe is also distributed through other sites means that the Steam player count is just a fraction of the total number of actual players.

I've always used steam,surprised more people don't use it...demos,greenlight system,early access,horrendously cheap sales,badges,trading etc etc.

Also that's how I have vauban phased skin and phased syndana.

My beef with Steam is them veering more and more into quantity over quality, it's frightening.

My beef with Steam is them veering more and more into quantity over quality, it's frightening.

Well, it's a distribution platform; they're not limited in the number of games released per day so they can release 20 one day, 5 the next and 10 the following one. Also, note that the 'bad games' aren't Valve's fault; they're the original dev's.

It's just a mean to centralize games, both good and bad. Only downside to those 'bad' or 'should-have-never-left-the-alpha-stage' games is that they take the top of the new release list and some of them are simply old games being released on Steam.

i played via steam for 300+ hours but now i got stand alone version cause i wanna have warframe on my SSD system drive.

When you install a game through Steam, you can specify where to install it, in the base Steam directory or on another drive.

Well, it's a distribution platform; they're not limited in the number of games released per day so they can release 20 one day, 5 the next and 10 the following one. Also, note that the 'bad games' aren't Valve's fault; they're the original dev's.

It's just a mean to centralize games, both good and bad. Only downside to those 'bad' or 'should-have-never-left-the-alpha-stage' games is that they take the top of the new release list and some of them are simply old games being released on Steam.

When you install a game through Steam, you can specify where to install it, in the base Steam directory or on another drive.

lol i know...i said i played trough steam so in first place was installed with other games and now im only plat warframe so i dont need steam at all.

What do you mean by that?

Lately they've been allowing a lot of crappy games to go through, some of them are barely workable at all and are being sold as a finished product. You also have very old games given new release dates, likely to try and fool some of the less savvy customers. Distribution platform or not, they need quality control. Hell, they have Daikatana being sold instead of paying anyone who downloads it $500.00 USD just for installing that garbage onto their PC. It's being sold for $6.99 USD and an October 1, 2013 launch date slapped onto it. Daikatana man, it's like someone dropped the ball so hard it went through the floor and struck someone in charge of listing in the head.

I never even heard about Warfame until it popped onto steam over a year ago just before Easter as a free to play game.  I downloaded it, I played it, and pretty much have played it tons ever since.

And I have to agree with others here, letting the influx of these older titles appearing on the new releases on steam is horrible.  I've been ignoring new releases lately because of it.  If Warframe came out now with what steam has been doing lately, I'm not sure if i would have seen it.

Edited by CatPhoenix