Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attica Needs To Be Able To Use Thunderbolt

skynexus

So my clan buddy informed me that you cant use thunderbolt on the new cross bow that came out and i personally want to know why because im pretty sure its a bow but built in a more modern way also thunderbolt is mega nerfed if you guys remember the time when thunderbolt was in its prime oh the good old days but now its just useless i was hoping for it to be useful on the crossbow but unfortunately i have been let down now im just hoping we can get enough people to get DE to put it for the cross bow it would be so cool

So my clan buddy informed me that you cant use thunderbolt on the new cross bow that came out and i personally want to know why because im pretty sure its a bow but built in a more modern way also thunderbolt is mega nerfed if you guys remember the time when thunderbolt was in its prime oh the good old days but now its just useless i was hoping for it to be useful on the crossbow but unfortunately i have been let down now im just hoping we can get enough people to get DE to put it for the cross bow it would be so cool

It's treated as a rifle, and its fire rate would make thunderbolt too dangerous i suppose. 

too dangerous for those who kill themselves 96 times a match with stug, penta, ogris etc...

If your smart the yeah this wouldn't be so bad, but as I see it, unless you make the attica consume arrows, then no it should not be able to use thunderbolt.

Attica is a rifle, uses rifle ammunition, has a huge ammo reserve, and is a crossbow.

See that?  One word: crossbow.  Not cross bow.

Crossbow =/= Modern bow.  Crossbows are an entirely different beast than bows.  A "modern" bow uses different materials but the same mechanisms.  A crossbow uses completely different mechanisms to fire bolts (not arrows).

It does not need the Thunderbolt mod.  Bows don't even need the Thunderbolt mod.

Does it really need it? It has very high puncture damage and critical chance as well as critical damage. Add to the fact that it has initiate puncture to take down mobs in line, makes it already good enough weapon. If something should be changed is bolt travel speed increased but even now, it is decent weapon and you also have to consider it is Tier 4 weapon, so it should not be treated as more than that.

Opinion as a player: Attica not counting as a Bow and being able to use Bow mods was a real big let down. There were so many high hopes for it. All dashed away now. And as things go, the idea of an 8 shot only rifle with such a horrible reload time? It kind of makes me want my money back. Not cool.

Edited by Bladewake

its a crossbow but thats not a unique class of weapon, the attica is no different to the ballistica which also had a flurry of thunderbolt related threads and also got no change, and both weapons are mechanically identical to the boltor/boltor prime and twin gremlins.

"bolt firing weapons"

there is no "reality", all bolt firing weapons ingame share the same mechanics and restrictions, so the attica is the same as the boltor, boltor prime, twin gremlins and ballistica in every way shape and form.

change 1 and all would change and if they didnt people would only scream/shout to make sure they did for equality.

well young or old sir you have pushed me to some research on crossbow and it seems you are right cross bows do not use the same ammo as bows as you said they actually do use bolts or quarrels they are more like pistols or secondary weapons so you do have a point it is my mistake on speaking without knowledge i guess i still want to try the thunderbolt on the crossbow just because to me it still sounds like a great idea for me and would be kind of fun looking at random explosions as i see mobs flying everywhere

but let me get this right what you are saying is if you put thunderbolt on the crossbow that does not use bow ammo but bolt then all the other's would have to follow so then i would say thunderbolt has the name "bolt" in it how ironic lol  well as i said i only want it for personal "fun purposes" i could care less about the other weapons but you do make sense i cant lie its against my creed i only wish to speak the truth apologies for my ignorance on speaking without knowledge i have learned something from this i hope you have too thank you :)    

Edited by skynexus