The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yeah... Not Sure If That's So Fun Anymore ( Melee Only Soloing )

Vitras

(Notice: I am a solo-only player.)

Before the last hotfix, I played Grineer Galleon missions with the door hazards (the ones that take your energy) with just my melee weapon. I would block and be able to go through without losing energy, as it's most likely impossible to destroy the sensor above the door, except with thrown weapons. I thought this was pretty nice.

After the last hotfix, the one fixing the blocking exploit with the survival missions, I can no longer do that. So I was forced to go through the rest of the mission with practically no energy, because there was a door hazard nearly every other room.

I'd like this to be put back the way it was, as having to block when passing through the door should be seemingly equivalent to have to stop and shoot at the sensor. I have played melee almost every time I have played since it came out. I love it. Even with the hellions, they might fly up and shoot rockets but I can still wait for them and kill them once they come back down. There is no way around these doors.

I'm sure there will be some negative feedback on this, but I don't really care. I would like it back.

yeah, it was great for melee-only runs. the grineer galleon is one of my favorite maps for survival, and now that I can do that with just my orthos prime, well, it's been great. but now that they've changed how blocking affects hazards, it's awful. I think it was awesome that you could avoid the energy drain of the magnetic doors by using the blocking mechanic, because with a lot of melee weapons you can't break the sensor bar

on a slightly related note, you still can't hit orokin drones with your melee weapons. you can hit shield ospreys and such, at least, but hitboxes on orokin drones are bad. if all melee weapons could hit the sensor bars, I guess it would be alright that you can no longer block the door's effect, but not all weapons can

Agreed. I would like this to return. There are some things melee 2.0 did NOT cover such as airborne enemies. Being able to block the sapping energy barrier was a great way to even out how gun users can just shoot the sensor and walk through. Now it's just one of those things DE should look at if we are ever going to completely handle all the problems guns can overcome in our own way.

yno, in this case, i totally agree with a goofy mechanic like that being there on purpose. Blocking to walk through a doorway safely is indeed, pretty similar to stopping to shoot it. 

for Gameplay sake, this actually sounds very reasonable.

Edit:

if all melee weapons could hit the sensor bars, I guess it would be alright that you can no longer block the door's effect, but not all weapons can

perhaps instead of at the top, there could be two Sensor Bars on the sides of the door. but! due to the lack of polish in tile generation, i could see those Sensor Bars being inside things too often :s

as it is, i've already seen Sensor Bars appearing inside some objects meaning only radial Damage can destroy them.

@ Monolake - good luck safely and reliably doing that for every single Door. better hope you don't have a Sensor Bar in a doorway that's a box room with no staircases for convenient height adjustment.

Edited by taiiat

While it would take some work, allowing weapons to release "shockwaves", each weapon class with one that fits it of course, would be a neat idea, also those shockwaves would do minor damage, just to get rid of the door sensors, make a flying enemy fall, or, keep a combo going from afar.

Sounds way batter than blocking a laser door lol.