Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Leo looked to Corvo and Cross. before looking to the Cardinia "I'd recommend doing a thorough search of the Derelict, There could be more Cryopods on then you may have thought"

Meanwhile, Something wicked comes the Derelict's way...

"More than our Church has time to search for," Cardina replies with an edge in her voice. "At any rate, it seems the Lotus would find them first anyways." She started helping Kistella forwards. "Come, I know just the place you can meditate on all this news. Do you like gardens?"

"Volt, would you mind bringing her Kamas? Thank you," Cardina smiled to him under her helmet. "Your service has been noted."

"More than our Church has time to search for," Cardina replies with an edge in her voice. "At any rate, it seems the Lotus would find them first anyways." She started helping Kistella forwards. "Come, I know just the place you can meditate on all this news. Do you like gardens?"

"Volt, would you mind bringing her Kamas? Thank you," Cardina smiled to him under her helmet. "Your service has been noted."

Leo nods "I'll be quite interested to se..." The Derelict would shake as something attacks it's side.

Cardina's eyes narrow under her helmet, and she hails the Church's systems. "The hell was that? Are we under attack?" 

Temperance felt the vibration shudder through the derelict's already-buckling hull and swore as several large pieces of masonry crashed down from the ceiling.

Status! He flung the query at his ship's computers, and received a torrent of data in response.  It seemed the Lotus had been busy; she had piggybacked an undetectable echo virus on his comm channel, using it to spy on the Church's secure systems.  There was no mining of data involved, no spikes or system presence to detect and neutralize.  She simply made a keyhole, and put her ear to it.

But Temperance could sort through that later; there was a Tenno assault ship outside.  His ship identified it as the Bleak Veil, under the command of a Triton Hydroid who styled himself 'Captain' Poseidon.  Temperance seethed, and hailed Cardina over general comms.  No sense in giving away his access to the Church's network just yet.

"Cardina!" The call rang across the airwaves.  "If you can hear me, I really hope this derelict has defenses."

Edited by Temperance000

A Public Channel opens to address the Derelict. It's Poseidon "Ahoy there me fine friends! Ye should have considered me offer! Now you're just another place to raid! Surrender peacefully and I won't harm your wee little friends!" laughed the Hydroid. "Resist me however! and I'll make ye all find prisoners on the black market!" 

Leo and the others frowned, but slightly surprised that a Tenno would turn pirate, "Oh Hek."

Edited by Drakeardian

She nodded to the female. "I love gardens...I remember having one back home. " As the ground under her shook, a shot of fear ran threw her body. "Wh-Whats going on?" She frowned looking over to the others before listening to a voice she heard. Her grip grew tighter on her bow as she tried to stand more on her own then using the help she was getting. "I hate fighting..." She grumbled a little. Her normal yellow energy slowly started to fade to orange.

Edited by NovaDReaper

A Public Channel opens to address the Derelict. It's Poseidon "Ahoy there me fine friends! Ye should have considered me offer! Now you're just another place to raid! Surrender peacefully and I won't harm your wee little friends!" laughed the Hydroid. "Resist me however! and I'll make ye all find prisoners on the black market!" 

Leo and the others frowned, but slightly surprised that a Tenno would turn pirate, "Oh Hek."

Cardina glared at Posideon on the transmission. "You've made an awful mistake, Posideon. Mortos' death is coming for you." She flipped off the pirate, then closed the transmission.

"Battle stations, crew!"

Leo, Corvo and Cross quickly went to assist the Derelict ship, the Shark's crew handing out spare weapons and Ammo for anyone needing one.

Meanwhile Poseidon shouted "Prepare the Cannons and the pods! aim for the corridors and the vital parts!" and the ship begins to fire, firing Anchor's and transport pods as soldiers begin to rush in with Boltor weapons!

To note, the Bleak Veil's Crew is mostly composed of humans or a few rogue Tenno. The Humans would be wearing exoskeleton-suits to replicate the strengths and speed of a Tenno's Warframe

Edited by Drakeardian

Cardina glared at Posideon on the transmission. "You've made an awful mistake, Posideon. Mortos' death is coming for you." She flipped off the pirate, then closed the transmission.

"Battle stations, crew!"

"Oh.  Well that answers that," Temperance said to himself.  "Pardon me Ezekiel, Rien."  Before the Swindle Loki could respond, Temperance had slipped past the Zephyr and through the door, dashing like mad through the crumbling corridors of the derelict.  A breaching pod smashed through the wall in front of him, depositing a squad of Tenno wielding Boltors.

"Freeze!" one had time to shout, before Temperance keyed Bladestorm and knocked his lights out with a kick to the head.  In moments, the would-be raiders were laid out across the hallway.  One, a Rhino, groaned and tried to rise.  Temperance shot him in the leg without a downward glance, his HUD registering a magnetic proc that instantly drained any energy left in the 'frame and completely scrambled its systems.

"Void-damned pirates," the Ash spat, continuing his run to the hangars.  "Attacking kin!  Even I have higher standards!"

Courtesy went out the airlock when Temperance reached the chaos of the main halls; he hit the wall at a dead run and parkoured along it above the heads of the crowd, launching off to practically roll through the doors to the hangar.  He sprinted past another Ash and an Ember Prime and into the lift of his ship.  The doors had barely closed behind him before he keyed an emergency burst transmission to the Lotus and the Oracles, flagging Poseidon as a renegade.  In short order, he had retrieved his Soma, removed the silencer mods, and reworked the weapon for heavy magnetic damage, with a dash of viral thrown in.  He also stripped down his Lex Prime, re-modding for viral rounds and electrical stun.  He kept his Dark Dagger; something light, quick, and anti-armor would doubtless come in handy.

"Ship," he snapped as he boarded the lift again.  "Initiate lockdown of all systems.  Key release to my personal authorization only.  No one, not even the Lotus, is allowed access without my permission.  Acknowledge."

"Confirmed," the ship replied.

Temperance nodded grimly as he rode the lift back to the hangar floor, Soma in hand.  "Now," he snarled as he stepped off and heard the lift seal itself behind him.  "Where is this 'Captain Poseidon'?"

Edited by Temperance000

Cardina rushed Kistella out of the Derelict's underbelly, into the main halls. The disgusting pirates dared invade this place of peace and balance?

"Volt," she addressed the priest. "Make sure Kistella is safe. I'm sorry Kistella, but my Acolytes need me."

With that, Cardina started rushing to the hanger to repel boarders, then saw the aftermath of Temperance's handiwork; the carnage brought a grin to her face, and she hailed him on the comm. "Temperance, thanks for the help. If it's not too much trouble, I need someone to defend the reactor while I get my Acolytes in order."

She switched to broadcast into the Church's intercom system, broadcasting aloud throughout the derelict. Her voice carried a harmonic timbre, echoing angelically throughout the vessel. "This is Cardina, Herald of the Ascension. My beloved Acolytes, Gaia's light will give you clarity, while Morto's Darkness will give you fury. Revel in the chaos of clashing blades, and find clarity down the sights of your guns. Find hope, for victory is assured."

Something subtly changed in her voice, and suddenly the perfect reverberation became perverted, discordant and scornful. Every word struck at the soul, the vines that laced the Derelict singing with the maddening, chaotic cacophony. "Pirates, your greed is as predictable as a sunrise; your bullets and blades carry the wrath of a buzzing gnat. Her Light shall blind you, His Darkness consume you. I give you no second chances; you are already damned. Not one of you that sets foot on our vessel shall leave alive. Despair, for in but hours you will know oblivion."

Cardina cut off the transmission, drawing her Machete Wraith and standing in the Main Hall. This creatures would regret having eyes, for what she was preparing to show them. The infested plants throughout the Derelict vibrated, humming with an unspeakable energy.

Cardina rushed Kistella out of the Derelict's underbelly, into the main halls. The disgusting pirates dared invade this place of peace and balance?

"Volt," she addressed the priest. "Make sure Kistella is safe. I'm sorry Kistella, but my Acolytes need me."

With that, Cardina started rushing to the hanger to repel boarders, then saw the aftermath of Temperance's handiwork; the carnage brought a grin to her face, and she hailed him on the comm. "Temperance, thanks for the help. If it's not too much trouble, I need someone to defend the reactor while I get my Acolytes in order."

She switched to broadcast into the Church's intercom system, broadcasting aloud throughout the derelict. Her voice carried a harmonic timbre, echoing angelically throughout the vessel. "This is Cardina, Herald of the Ascension. My beloved Acolytes, Gaia's light will give you clarity, while Morto's Darkness will give you fury. Revel in the chaos of clashing blades, and find clarity down the sights of your guns. Find hope, for victory is assured."

Something subtly changed in her voice, and suddenly the perfect reverberation became perverted, discordant and scornful. Every word struck at the soul, the vines that laced the Derelict singing with the maddening, chaotic cacophony. "Pirates, your greed is as predictable as a sunrise; your bullets and blades carry the wrath of a buzzing gnat. Her Light shall blind you, His Darkness consume you. I give you no second chances; you are already damned. Not one of you that sets foot on our vessel shall leave alive. Despair, for in but hours you will know oblivion."

Cardina cut off the transmission, drawing her Machete Wraith and standing in the Main Hall. This creatures would regret having eyes, for what she was preparing to show them. The infested plants throughout the Derelict vibrated, humming with an unspeakable energy.

While The Shark's Crew went about assisting the Derelict in fending of the Bleak Veil's forces and defending the Derelict, Corvo, Cross, Leo and Isis went about taking care of the ground units, Corvo sending them into despair, Cross Freezing them, Isis Burning them and Leo delivering the Killing blow to any whom may be foolish enough to challenge an Excalibur.

But Poseidon's forces wern't going to be afraid of a lowly Nyx,

2 anchors and 3 transport pods ravaged the Main Hall's roof, many armoured Humans and Rogue Tenno rushed in, roaring for battle and blood with their bolto's and blades drawn!

Edited by Drakeardian

While The Shark's Crew went about assisting the Derelict in fending of the Bleak Veil's forces and defending the Derelict, Corvo, Cross, Leo and Isis went about taking care of the ground units, Corvo sending them into despair, Cross Freezing them, Isis Burning them and Leo delivering the Killing blow to any whom may be foolish enough to challenge an Excalibur.

But Poseidon's forces wern't going to be afraid of a lowly Nyx,

2 anchors and 3 transport pods ravaged the Main Hall's roof, many armoured Humans and Rogue Tenno rushed in, roaring for battle and blood with their bolto's and blades drawn!

Cardina glared at the pirates as they dropped to the main hall's floors, skimming their minds; what did they fear? Death, anonymity, weakness, loneliness- she grinned as she found the pressure point- betrayal. 

"Oh, you poor pirates," Cardina tsk'ed as she brought her Machete wraith in an graceful uppercut, cleaving a human in two from groin to scalp before his feet even touched the floor. "How do you think you'll divide the spoils? Evenly? You think this Rhino would share a single credit with you measly humans? He's unstoppable. You have no say in the matter, he'll take what he wants. Unless, say," she switched to her Wraith Vipers, dumping both clips into the Rhino, tearing his shields apart and scoring his armor with corrosive pockmarks. "His infamous shielding happened to go down," she cood seductively while calmly reloading the Vipers. "Then who knows what might happen?"

She could feel their weak-minded doubt, and in their moment of hesitation, Cardina cast Chaos, bringing their violent and greedy nature to the fore. 

((A power outage prevented me from posting for 3 hours. Sorry about that but nothing I could do. No power means no internet for me.))

Shinkiro stood there as the room shook around him, arms crossed. "... Well, not what I was expecting, but something did happen." He pulled out his bow along with an arrow.

Pyre frowned inside her helmet as the reports came in and the entire church went on alert. "We're being attacked by a band of pirates commanded by one of our rogue brethren. Everyone is to arm themselves accordingly." Pyre ran from the hangar and down the hallway to get to the armoury where all the church members were picking up their weapons. It could be noted that they didn't use any weapons made by the Grineer or Corpus, using only weapons of Tenno or Orokin origin..

The Volt nodded. "Worry not for I shall keep her safe." He then looked to Kistella. "Worry not, my Tenno sister. I will protect you with my life." He was unarmed at the moment but he still had his warframe abilities. He walked over and picked up Kistella's Dual Kamas for her before handing them to her.

The Zephyr and Rien followed Cardina to the upper levels, both intent on defeating the invaders and defending their home. Rien was already thinking of a way to board the enemy vessel. He was intent on sneaking aboard to assassinate their leader, leaving the attack force disorganized.

While The Shark's Crew went about assisting the Derelict in fending of the Bleak Veil's forces, Corvo, Cross, Leo and Isis went about taking care of the ground units, Corvo sending them into despair, Cross Freezing them, Isis Burning them and Leo delivering the Killing blow, But Poseidon's forces weren't going to be afraid of a lowly Nyx,

A Vauban ,who was one of the Tenno in charge of strategy should a battle occur, threw down several Bastille in the Main Hall, lifting the invaders into the air and binding them in place the instant they exited their pods. The Humans received a painful death from what came next as a Saryn walked into their midst and used Miasma to reduce them to puddles of ooze on the floor in seconds.

To deal with the rogue Tenno, an Ash teleported between them and took their weapons one by one before a Mag Prime used Pull to magnetic proc them and take away their energy, completely disarming the group.

Of course, the Divinities themselves were not above fighting though they were quite disappointed in their fellow Tenno who had decided to become pirates and attack. Mortos and Gaia walked out of the meditation hall together, Mortos carrying a Repaer Prime and Gaia carrying her well-modified Soma. Gaia, however, was not planning to fight as much as she planned to heal the wounded. Killing would be Mortos' calling.

Mortos looked to the Tenno around him and spoke to them in the usual, deathly cold tone he had most of the time. "It is a sad day, my brothers and sisters when kin attack us but we cannot allow our enemies to come to our door and do as they please. By the power vested in me, I commend our enemies to the void."

Cardina glared at the pirates as they dropped to the main hall's floors, skimming their minds; what did they fear? Death, anonymity, weakness, loneliness- she grinned as she found the pressure point- betrayal. 

"Oh, you poor pirates," Cardina tsk'ed as she brought her Machete wraith in an graceful uppercut, cleaving a human in two from groin to scalp before his feet even touched the floor. "How do you think you'll divide the spoils? Evenly? You think this Rhino would share a single credit with you measly humans? He's unstoppable. You have no say in the matter, he'll take what he wants. Unless, say," she switched to her Wraith Vipers, dumping both clips into the Rhino, tearing his shields apart and scoring his armor with corrosive pockmarks. "His infamous shielding happened to go down," she cood seductively while calmly reloading the Vipers. "Then who knows what might happen?"

She could feel their weak-minded doubt, and in their moment of hesitation, Cardina cast Chaos, bringing their violent and greedy nature to the fore. 

((A power outage prevented me from posting for 3 hours. Sorry about that but nothing I could do. No power means no internet for me.))

Pyre frowned inside her helmet as the reports came in and the entire church went on alert. "We're being attacked by a band of pirates commanded by one of our rogue brethren. Everyone is to arm themselves accordingly." Pyre ran from the hangar and down the hallway to get to the armoury where all the church members were picking up their weapons. It could be noted that they didn't use any weapons made by the Grineer or Corpus, using only weapons of Tenno or Orokin origin..

The Volt nodded. "Worry not for I shall keep her safe." He then looked to Kistella. "Worry not, my Tenno sister. I will protect you with my life." He was unarmed at the moment but he still had his warframe abilities. He walked over and picked up Kistella's Dual Kamas for her before handing them to her.

The Zephyr and Rien followed Cardina to the upper levels, both intent on defeating the invaders and defending their home. Rien was already thinking of a way to board the enemy vessel. He was intent on sneaking aboard to assassinate their leader, leaving the attack force disorganized.

A Vauban ,who was one of the Tenno in charge of strategy should a battle occur, threw down several Bastille in the Main Hall, lifting the invaders into the air and binding them in place the instant they exited their pods. The Humans received a painful death from what came next as a Saryn walked into their midst and used Miasma to reduce them to puddles of ooze on the floor in seconds.

To deal with the rogue Tenno, an Ash teleported between them and took their weapons one by one before a Mag Prime used Pull to magnetic proc them and take away their energy, completely disarming the group.

Of course, the Divinities themselves were not above fighting though they were quite disappointed in their fellow Tenno who had decided to become pirates and attack. Mortos and Gaia walked out of the meditation hall together, Mortos carrying a Repaer Prime and Gaia carrying her well-modified Soma. Gaia, however, was not planning to fight as much as she planned to heal the wounded. Killing would be Mortos' calling.

Mortos looked to the Tenno around him and spoke to them in the usual, deathly cold tone he had most of the time. "It is a sad day, my brothers and sisters when kin attack us but we cannot allow our enemies to come to our door and do as they please. By the power vested in me, I commend our enemies to the void."

"Glad to assist, Cardina," Temperance replied over the roar of battle engulfing the net.  "Regardless of ideology, there are some things that simply cannot stand."

He slipped into the main hall, and immediately staggered under the force of Cardina's Chaos.  As he ran through the carnage, kicking humans aside and nailing Tenno with magnetic slugs, he witnessed the ferocity of the Church's counterattack, and shuddered.  They are killing the humans he realized with a sick feeling in his stomach.  But sparing the Tenno.  After a fashion.

He kept running, checking Cardina's waypoint for directions to the reactor.  Then he slipped into a side hall, still alert for pirates even with the sounds of battle receding.  Strange, I almost feel guilty taking advantage of this attack to snoop around.

"Glad to assist, Cardina," Temperance replied over the roar of battle engulfing the net.  "Regardless of ideology, there are some things that simply cannot stand."

He slipped into the main hall, and immediately staggered under the force of Cardina's Chaos.  As he ran through the carnage, kicking humans aside and nailing Tenno with magnetic slugs, he witnessed the ferocity of the Church's counterattack, and shuddered.  They are killing the humans he realized with a sick feeling in his stomach.  But sparing the Tenno.  After a fashion.

He kept running, checking Cardina's waypoint for directions to the reactor.  Then he slipped into a side hall, still alert for pirates even with the sounds of battle receding.  Strange, I almost feel guilty taking advantage of this attack to snoop around.

Waiting in the reactor room were a Nyx, Mag Prime, Frost Prime and a Volt who could block projectiles using Absorb, Electric Shield and Snow Globe and even redirect projectiles using Bullet Attractor. The defence force expected Temperance and would not stop him should he enter as they were informed of Cardina sending him. For what purpose she sent an outsider to such an area, they had no idea but the help would be welcome.

Temperance might have to be careful, however, as the Nyx in the group could just as easily poke around inside his mind if she found any justification for doing so. Possibly without him noticing if the battle reached the area and he was distracted.

Edited by Sumika1204

Shinkiro ran to a different hallway, putting an arrow into any pirate to the head in his way. He could have followed Pyre and group up with the other church members, but.... It was much more fun going solo. Humans were easily dispatched due to their frailty by either his Paris Prime or the kunais. Tenno on the other hand were more exciting and took more time to bring down. In a small room with about six humans and two tennos, Shinkiro dropped down a smokescreen into the room before dashing to everyone with a blade storm, putting his wrist blades into the neck of humans and tenno alike.

((Whoa!  Sumika, you just teleported me right into the middle of a Defense mission.  I was trying to slip in a little spy work before going back to helping the Church.)) 

((Okay, changed it up. They're just waiting for him. He can go there any time he pleases.))

Edited by Sumika1204

A lone Tenno ship sped towards the conflict, its occupant ignorant of the currently ensuing battle. Unaware, that is, until Cyrios, the previously mentioned occupant, detected massive amounts of weapons fire and comm chatter, and saw the Bleak Veil assaulting the Church of Ascension. Cyrios strode to the front of his relatively small craft, and activated the ship's wide-access comm channel, which addressed both the pirates and the Church-members.

"I'm detecting massive amounts of weapons fire in there. What exactly is going on?" Any available cameras and screens flickered to life as Cyrios hacked into them in a manner of seconds, revealing to him the warzone onboard the derelict. The screens revealed his face as he spoke which consisted of pale, heavily scarred flesh, what seemed to be a smooth, golden cap, thin, pink lips, and a very unusual set of eyes. The leftward one was blind and pale, yet the one on the right side if his face was a golden cylinder that protruded a solid inch ahead of the rest of his face. His nose was missing , revealing two symmetrical holes into the depth of his head. A soft, golden glow was visible, emanating from his right, golden eye.

"Oh, you can't be serious. Tenno pirates raiding a Tenno controlled Derelict? Seriously?!"

Edited by fishworshipper

A lone Tenno ship sped towards the conflict, its occupant ignorant of the currently ensuing battle. Unaware, that is, until Cyrios, the previously mentioned occupant, detected massive amounts of weapons fire and comm chatter, and saw the Bleak Veil assaulting the Church of Ascension. Cyrios strode to the front of his relatively small craft, and activated the ship's wide-access comm channel, which addressed both the pirates and the Church-members.

"I'm detecting massive amounts of weapons fire in there. What exactly is going on?" Any available cameras and screens flickered to life as Cyrios hacked into them in a manner of seconds, revealing to him the warzone onboard the derelict. The screens revealed his face as he spoke which consisted of pale, heavily scarred flesh, what seemed to be a smooth, golden cap, thin, pink lips, and a very unusual set of eyes. The leftward one was blind and pale, yet the one on the right side if his face was a golden cylinder that protruded a solid inch ahead of the rest of his face. His nose was missing , revealing two symmetrical holes into the depth of his head. A soft, golden glow was visible, emanating from his right, golden eye.

"Oh, you can't be serious. Tenno pirates raiding a Tenno controlled Derelict? Seriously?!"

Due to the state of the derelict, many of the security cameras were not in working order to begin with, hence why dedicated guard patrols had to be assigned to so certain areas just to provide coverage. A Banshee working as one of the coordinators answered him, however, via the comm system. "We are under attack from a rogue Tenno and his crew."

On a side path on the way to the Reactor, Temperance might notice a door with a black and red frame, with infested plants curling out of the wall around it. The door was cracked, though out of habit or hurry was hard to tell.

Due to the state of the derelict, many of the security cameras were not in working order to begin with, hence why dedicated guard patrols had to be assigned to so certain areas just to provide coverage. A Banshee working as one of the coordinators answered him, however, via the comm system. "We are under attack from a rogue Tenno and his crew."

"I need details! Who attacked whom first? Whose side are the humans on? Are there any working turrets on the vessel?" Cyrios snapped his fingers as he spoke, the screens revealing a golden skeleton for a right hand.

"I need details! Who attacked whom first? Whose side are the humans on? Are there any working turrets on the vessel?" Cyrios snapped his fingers as he spoke, the screens revealing a golden skeleton for a right hand.

"The pirates attacked us and the humans are on the side of the pirates. We are dealing with them for now and as for turrets, there are very few working ones remaining but they are not located in convenient locations."

Finished with the attackers in the room, Shinkiro took a moment to look at his work. With the exception of the Tenno, there were parts of humans scattered across the place along with blood on the floor, the ceiling, and even a bit on Shinkiro himself. Performing chiburui with his bloodied nikana, Shinkiro slides the blade back into it's scabbard before walking off to another area. Conveniently, he would eventually reach the main hall where he runs a nearby human through his nikana, and kicking him off to a wall.