Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

"I assume that someone you mentioned is the Lotus. As for goals, we seek to bring about balance in this system. Not the false balance of keeping the Grineer and Corpus eternally matched and ever so slowly going extinct ourselves in the process. At the moment, we seek to enlighten our misguided brothers and sisters to the situation at hand and build a place for our once noble race in this system."

"A noble goal," Temperance conceded.  "But I still have trouble grasping what exactly you mean by bal..." 

He broke off suddenly as the presence of the Lotus surged through his Warframe's neural network.

"Temperance, there has been a development."  She spoke hurriedly, out of character for her.  "I have just registered an active cryopod aboard the Ascension derelict.  Its occupant is registered as Tenno Ezekiel, the Sanguine; the Oracle databanks have more information.  I have sent you his pod's coordinates.  I urge you to find him before the Church does."

"That may be difficult with Rien breathing down my neck and Cardina pulling my strings," Temperance said grimly, his words contained within the Warframe's neural net.  "Besides, it would be best that this not degenerate into a war for converts.  I urge you to remember that all Tenno are gifted with free will, Lotus.  Each has a right to choose his or her own path...regardless of whether or not we agree with that choice."

"Of course," the Lotus agreed, somewhat chasten.  "Forgive me, Temperance, I spoke in haste.  I will await your evaluation of the Church before making any further judgments.  Do as you see fit.  Godspeed, Tenno."  And her presence was gone.

"Apologies Rien," Temperance said, turning back to the suspicious Swindle Loki.  "I just got some rather interesting news."  He considered for a moment, weighing options and processing the maps the Lotus had uploaded to him.  "Would you care to accompany me to the derelict's deep storage hold?  It would seem that Cardina," he cast a pointed glance at the Vespa Nyx across the hangar, apparently deep in conversation with another Tenno wearing an Ash 'frame, "is rather preoccupied."

With a satisfied smile under her helmet, and a palm resting on her Machete Wraith's pommel, she returned her attention to Shinkuro. His would be a far easier case than Temperance's, thanks in part to the mutual attraction between Shinkuro and Pyre. "It seems our new guests have yet to land," Cardina remarked offhandedly. "Oh well. In the meantime, I'd like to hear what you think of our Church, our creed."

"Hmm...?" Shinkiro looks over at the other Ash. Somewhat of a rare sight to see another one. His armor was very much different compared to himself. Where the stranger wears a Locust type helmet, Shinkiro wears a normal one. The color design was that of a normal Ash palette where as Shinkiro's was black, grey, and dark blue along with the Immortal tattoos along his armor. Lastly, Shinkiro had an Asa giving off a purple glow.

He turns back to Cardina, giving her a friendly smile behind his helmet. "As of now, miss, your ways seem very... Enlightening to say the least. But it has kept me interested into staying here longer to learn more." He crosses his arms.

"A noble goal," Temperance conceded.  "But I still have trouble grasping what exactly you mean by bal..." 

He broke off suddenly as the presence of the Lotus surged through his Warframe's neural network.

"Temperance, there has been a development."  She spoke hurriedly, out of character for her.  "I have just registered an active cryopod aboard the Ascension derelict.  Its occupant is registered as Tenno Ezekiel, the Sanguine; the Oracle databanks have more information.  I have sent you his pod's coordinates.  I urge you to find him before the Church does."

"That may be difficult with Rien breathing down my neck and Cardina pulling my strings," Temperance said grimly, his words contained within the Warframe's neural net.  "Besides, it would be best that this not degenerate into a war for converts.  I urge you to remember that all Tenno are gifted with free will, Lotus.  Each has a right to choose his or her own path...regardless of whether or not we agree with that choice."

"Of course," the Lotus agreed, somewhat chasten.  "Forgive me, Temperance, I spoke in haste.  I will await your evaluation of the Church before making any further judgments.  Do as you see fit.  Godspeed, Tenno."  And her presence was gone.

"Apologies Rien," Temperance said, turning back to the suspicious Swindle Loki.  "I just got some rather interesting news."  He considered for a moment, weighing options and processing the maps the Lotus had uploaded to him.  "Would you care to accompany me to the derelict's deep storage hold?  It would seem that Cardina," he cast a pointed glance at the Vespa Nyx across the hangar, apparently deep in conversation with another Tenno wearing an Ash 'frame, "is rather preoccupied."

"The deep storage hold? Now what interest would you have with that location, might I ask? That area of the vessel is still being cleared of debris and hazards. It is very much a dangerous place despite the lack of Infested." Well, this was definitely quite the development. Temperance was referring to an area of the vessel which was still being searched and cleared. The area could have who knows what and that meant something. Rien assumed that Temperance had something in mind such as locking him in the storage room in order to escape from his watchful eye.

Meanwhile, a Valkyr and a Zephyr were doing a bit of exploring when the Zephyr who was searching from above, thanks to her flight, noticed movement below. They would definitely be checking it out. They were cautious, not sure if whatever it was might be an enemy or one of their recently awakened kin.

"The deep storage hold? Now what interest would you have with that location, might I ask? That area of the vessel is still being cleared of debris and hazards. It is very much a dangerous place despite the lack of Infested." Well, this was definitely quite the development. Temperance was referring to an area of the vessel which was still being searched and cleared. The area could have who knows what and that meant something. Rien assumed that Temperance had something in mind such as locking him in the storage room in order to escape from his watchful eye.

"Call it a gesture of good faith on my part," Temperance replied easily, briefly entertaining a fantasy of dropping the Loki into a room with compromised atmospheric seals and venting it.  "I have it on good authority that one of our own has recently returned to the world, a Tenno of some repute by the name of Ezekiel the Sanguine.  It is only proper that we go to greet him, wouldn't you say?"

Edited by Temperance000

"Call it a gesture of goodwill on my part," Temperance replied easily, briefly entertaining a fantasy of dropping the Loki into a room with compromised atmospheric seals and venting it.  "I have it on good authority that one of our own has recently returned to the world, a Tenno of some repute by the name of Ezekiel the Sanguine.  It is only proper that we go to greet him, wouldn't you say?"

"Yes, quite. I take it you received this information from the Lotus. Information sources aside, it would be nice of us to greet him." Rien neglected to mention the presence of the search squad in the general area. Should Temperance try something while they were down there, Rien could easily switch places with the search squad's Valkyr or Trinity, whichever was in the rotation at the moment, resulting in a nasty surprise for him.

"Yes, quite. I take it you received this information from the Lotus. Information sources aside, it would be nice of us to greet him." Rien neglected to mention the presence of the search squad in the general area. Should Temperance try something while they were down there, Rien could easily switch places with the search squad's Valkyr or Trinity, whichever was in the rotation at the moment, resulting in a nasty surprise for him.

Temperance was mildly surprised at Rien's acquiescence, but so long as he got a few words in with Ezekiel, he was willing to risk being spaced or stabbed in the back.  From Rien's initial reaction, he gathered that the deep storage was a rather unsavory part of the derelict, probably more in line with what he had experienced on other Orokin wrecks drifting around the system.  Misfiring laser traps, crumbling floors, copious amounts of infested overgrowth, overcharged power conduits just waiting to explode, in short, the works.  Nevertheless, he took the lead once they turned off the main halls and descended into the ship's darkened belly, following the coordinated provided by the Lotus.  He kept an ear cocked behind him for the activation sound of the Loki's cloak or teleport modules, the tell-tale rasp of a drawn weapon, anything that might indicated Rien intended something duplicitous.  On the other hand, racing across the tumbled ruins was surprisingly invigorating, not unlike running the obstacle course back home.  Except without the pillars.  Those things still haunted his nightmares.

Temperance took a running leap off a short ledge, rolling to a stop in the slushy remains of a cryogenic floor tile.  A hum behind him made his blood run cold, and he spun in place, whipping up his Lex Prime and firing two shots.

"Hmm...?" Shinkiro looks over at the other Ash. Somewhat of a rare sight to see another one. His armor was very much different compared to himself. Where the stranger wears a Locust type helmet, Shinkiro wears a normal one. The color design was that of a normal Ash palette where as Shinkiro's was black, grey, and dark blue along with the Immortal tattoos along his armor. Lastly, Shinkiro had an Asa giving off a purple glow.

He turns back to Cardina, giving her a friendly smile behind his helmet. "As of now, miss, your ways seem very... Enlightening to say the least. But it has kept me interested into staying here longer to learn more." He crosses his arms.

"I'm glad you find them intriguing. Curiosity exists to be sated, and as long as an organization thrives on the truth, it loses nothing by indulging its members' desire for knowledge." Just then, Cardina noticed Temperance and Rien leaving the hanger suddenly.

"Rien," she hailed him on the Church's network, with irritation at the edge of her unique, ringing voice. "Report. Where are you taking Temperance?"

"I'm glad you find them intriguing. Curiosity exists to be sated, and as long as an organization thrives on the truth, it loses nothing by indulging its members' desire for knowledge." Just then, Cardina noticed Temperance and Rien leaving the hanger suddenly.

"Rien," she hailed him on the Church's network, with irritation at the edge of her unique, ringing voice. "Report. Where are you taking Temperance?"

"Well that can't be good...."

The world had burned.

It was the only explanation he could raise to explain his surroundings. The Orokin Age was dead, long gone, his memories may have been shattered but the greatness they spoke of his people knew with certainty that such decay would have never happened if the Orokin still lived. Shards that rattled around his brain spoke of the glory days, when this place was a beautiful jewel in the void. Once it was a gallery of excess, of a golden age previously unrivaled. Gold statues dotted the landscape as wondrous genetically engineered flora grew down from the ceiling and floor, meeting to create strange "trees" fused together into a great single trunk, an organic statue then molded into unique shapes and patterns. Artificial stars were held prisoner in electromagnetic fields, not for energy, but for mere show to boast of the Orokin's might that they had not only conquered the heavens, but enslaved them. Metal was made living and danced before their whim in liquid organic form.

But it was all gone. Whatever cataclysm that had befallen the Orokin had shattered the ship and its holdings inside. The trees, no longer tended to by their gardeners, fused themselves with the technocyte plague and grew into wild shapes that shattered their holdings to spread their roots throughout the craft. Even steel could not stand before the might of carbon, and eventually over whatever aeons he spent sleeping the mighty plants that ruptured entire decks and split apart rooms as they grew to incredible size. While he may have been a giant among men, especially now, bonded to his warframe Ezekiel easily stood over two meters tall, his horns making his shy of three. But as the great paladin stood before the rogue plant, he felt like an ant. He could not discern root from the main body of the plant, all the limbs were of equal size and it spiraled down into hundreds of decks below him, punching their way through each and every wall and ceiling. The bodies of the plants themselves were easily greater than three times he was long, and strangely it pleased him. Distant memories of organic plant-life on his homeworld made him feel almost connected to the great plant. As far as he knew it was the only other living thing in this ship.

Such was also believable, looking about him the once-glorious ship was wrecked. All forms of lighting were largely destroyed, most light was created by a few flickering lamps or the phosphorescent glow of some of the great trees and vines. While the things he remembered as "infested" were no-where to be seen, the tissue of the virus was visible about the ship, flesh and steel bonded together to form techno-organic life. He shook his horned head in sorrow. His race was dead, their destruction likely brought about by their own creations and that which they attempted to contain. He loathed the infested and all things related to them- especially if they had gone without the culling performed by Orokin or Tenno. His memory was flawed, but he did distinctly remember the Infested as little more than complete blasphemy against organic life and a bastardization of it, nay, mockery. His civilization was likely dead, and without the tending of his creators and kin, there might not longer even be life in the solar system. Or if there was, it was not that which he understood it as.

Although that was if he even was still in the solar system. The Void was mysterious, eldritch in nature. If he was in realspace, there was no reason for Ezekiel to believe that he was even still in the Sol System. He could just as likely be catapulted into the other side of the Universe, or never had been in the Void in the first place, the derelict having long drifted out of the system, possibly even the galaxy.

"There is no point to worry about that which you do not know, or cannot possibly know. The unknown is the unknown and it will stay such until observed otherwise. There is absolutely no logical reason for you to be panicking over what may or may not be grim reality. As far as you are concerned you have had absolutely zero contact with any sentient being for an unknown period of time, but this does not mean everything in the system is dead or infested. Oh, and what bloody terrible situation I must be in to start talking to myself." Ezekiel muttered to himself largely inside his helm, although his ramblings attempting to divert his mind from unnecessary worrying were lightly broadcasted to adjacent space.

Then it hit, like a thunderbolt is slammed through his mind with enough force to physically knock him down to his knees and elbows. Blurry images fluttered through his mind along with memories of pain, both emotional and physical, gripped him. With a great roar he tore himself from the disabled state, disturbed greatly over the mental deterioration.

It's nothing serious. Likely nothing more than trauma resulting from spending a millennium or two in a cryo-pod. I'm fine, perfectly and absolutely fine.

And with that Ezekiel continued his trek, now across the twisted bulk of a tree that now served as a bridge to a working door.

Temperance was mildly surprised at Rien's acquiescence, but so long as he got a few words in with Ezekiel, he was willing to risk being spaced or stabbed in the back.  From Rien's initial reaction, he gathered that the deep storage was a rather unsavory part of the derelict, probably more in line with what he had experienced on other Orokin wrecks drifting around the system.  Misfiring laser traps, crumbling floors, copious amounts of infested overgrowth, overcharged power conduits just waiting to explode, in short, the works.  Nevertheless, he took the lead once they turned off the main halls and descended into the ship's darkened belly, following the coordinated provided by the Lotus.  He kept an ear cocked behind him for the activation sound of the Loki's cloak or teleport modules, the tell-tale rasp of a drawn weapon, anything that might indicated Rien intended something duplicitous.  On the other hand, racing across the tumbled ruins was surprisingly invigorating, not unlike running the obstacle course back home.  Except without the pillars.  Those things still haunted his nightmares.

Temperance took a running leap off a short ledge, rolling to a stop in the slushy remains of a cryogenic floor tile.  A hum behind him made his blood run cold, and he spun in place, whipping up his Lex Prime and firing two shots.

Rien followed with his hands ready to draw his weapons should it become necessary. He could also just as easily Switch Teleport should it become necessary. While he was watching Temperance and remaining alert should the Ash attempt something, he also remained mindful of the multitude of hazards which the area contained such as the laser traps and pools of water made energized by broken power cables.

He watched as Temperance triggered a laser plate and managed to down it and destroy the unit it was attached to. It definitely allowed Rien to see what this Lotus supporter was capable of. Granted, he would have preferred it if he hadn't destroyed it but disabled it instead. At least that way, the church could salvage the components.

As he came walking along, he commented, "Careful now. Wouldn't want any mishaps to occur. Though I'm sure the technicians would have loved to salvage that for parts." After that, he went on ahead to deactivate the traps. Best to leave something for the technicians to salvage, rather than destroy valuable Orokin components.

Rien replied to Cardina after closing off the voice channels of his helmet to ensure anything he said would not be heard by Temperance. The message would only be audible to Cardina who was on the receiving end of it. "The Lotus detected a cryopod releasing someone in the depths of the vessel and wished for Temperance to investigate. I will keep a close eye on him while we search for our recently awakened brother."

The world had burned.

It was the only explanation he could raise to explain his surroundings. The Orokin Age was dead, long gone, his memories may have been shattered but the greatness they spoke of his people knew with certainty that such decay would have never happened if the Orokin still lived. Shards that rattled around his brain spoke of the glory days, when this place was a beautiful jewel in the void. Once it was a gallery of excess, of a golden age previously unrivaled. Gold statues dotted the landscape as wondrous genetically engineered flora grew down from the ceiling and floor, meeting to create strange "trees" fused together into a great single trunk, an organic statue then molded into unique shapes and patterns. Artificial stars were held prisoner in electromagnetic fields, not for energy, but for mere show to boast of the Orokin's might that they had not only conquered the heavens, but enslaved them. Metal was made living and danced before their whim in liquid organic form.

But it was all gone. Whatever cataclysm that had befallen the Orokin had shattered the ship and its holdings inside. The trees, no longer tended to by their gardeners, fused themselves with the technocyte plague and grew into wild shapes that shattered their holdings to spread their roots throughout the craft. Even steel could not stand before the might of carbon, and eventually over whatever aeons he spent sleeping the mighty plants that ruptured entire decks and split apart rooms as they grew to incredible size. While he may have been a giant among men, especially now, bonded to his warframe Ezekiel easily stood over two meters tall, his horns making his shy of three. But as the great paladin stood before the rogue plant, he felt like an ant. He could not discern root from the main body of the plant, all the limbs were of equal size and it spiraled down into hundreds of decks below him, punching their way through each and every wall and ceiling. The bodies of the plants themselves were easily greater than three times he was long, and strangely it pleased him. Distant memories of organic plant-life on his homeworld made him feel almost connected to the great plant. As far as he knew it was the only other living thing in this ship.

Such was also believable, looking about him the once-glorious ship was wrecked. All forms of lighting were largely destroyed, most light was created by a few flickering lamps or the phosphorescent glow of some of the great trees and vines. While the things he remembered as "infested" were no-where to be seen, the tissue of the virus was visible about the ship, flesh and steel bonded together to form techno-organic life. He shook his horned head in sorrow. His race was dead, their destruction likely brought about by their own creations and that which they attempted to contain. He loathed the infested and all things related to them- especially if they had gone without the culling performed by Orokin or Tenno. His memory was flawed, but he did distinctly remember the Infested as little more than complete blasphemy against organic life and a bastardization of it, nay, mockery. His civilization was likely dead, and without the tending of his creators and kin, there might not longer even be life in the solar system. Or if there was, it was not that which he understood it as.

Although that was if he even was still in the solar system. The Void was mysterious, eldritch in nature. If he was in realspace, there was no reason for Ezekiel to believe that he was even still in the Sol System. He could just as likely be catapulted into the other side of the Universe, or never had been in the Void in the first place, the derelict having long drifted out of the system, possibly even the galaxy.

"There is no point to worry about that which you do not know, or cannot possibly know. The unknown is the unknown and it will stay such until observed otherwise. There is absolutely no logical reason for you to be panicking over what may or may not be grim reality. As far as you are concerned you have had absolutely zero contact with any sentient being for an unknown period of time, but this does not mean everything in the system is dead or infested. Oh, and what bloody terrible situation I must be in to start talking to myself." Ezekiel muttered to himself largely inside his helm, although his ramblings attempting to divert his mind from unnecessary worrying were lightly broadcasted to adjacent space.

Then it hit, like a thunderbolt is slammed through his mind with enough force to physically knock him down to his knees and elbows. Blurry images fluttered through his mind along with memories of pain, both emotional and physical, gripped him. With a great roar he tore himself from the disabled state, disturbed greatly over the mental deterioration.

It's nothing serious. Likely nothing more than trauma resulting from spending a millennium or two in a cryo-pod. I'm fine, perfectly and absolutely fine.

And with that Ezekiel continued his trek, now across the twisted bulk of a tree that now served as a bridge to a working door.

Ezekiel should notice the sound of wind as a Zephyr came flying down, landing on a branch several metres above him. She was surprised to see such a tall Oberon walking around in the depths of the vessel where search teams were still combing the area for pods and salvageable technology. Despite his size, she still regarded him as her fellow Tenno. "Greetings, fellow Tenno." Soon after, the Valkyr swung in using her Ripline ability, landing on the same branch as the Zephyr had.

Rien followed with his hands ready to draw his weapons should it become necessary. He could also just as easily Switch Teleport should it become necessary. While he was watching Temperance and remaining alert should the Ash attempt something, he also remained mindful of the multitude of hazards which the area contained such as the laser traps and pools of water made energized by broken power cables.

He watched as Temperance triggered a laser plate and managed to down it and destroy the unit it was attached to. It definitely allowed Rien to see what this Lotus supporter was capable of. Granted, he would have preferred it if he hadn't destroyed it but disabled it instead. At least that way, the church could salvage the components.

As he came walking along, he commented, "Careful now. Wouldn't want any mishaps to occur. Though I'm sure the technicians would have loved to salvage that for parts." After that, he went on ahead to deactivate the traps. Best to leave something for the technicians to salvage, rather than destroy valuable Orokin components.

Rien replied to Cardina after closing off the voice channels of his helmet to ensure anything he said would not be heard by Temperance. The message would only be audible to Cardina who was on the receiving end of it. "The Lotus detected a cryopod releasing someone in the depths of the vessel and wished for Temperance to investigate. I will keep a close eye on him while we search for our recently awakened brother."

Ezekiel should notice the sound of wind as a Zephyr came flying down, landing on a branch several metres above him. She was surprised to see such a tall Oberon walking around in the depths of the vessel where search teams were still combing the area for pods and salvageable technology. Despite his size, she still regarded him as her fellow Tenno. "Greetings, fellow Tenno." Soon after, the Valkyr swung in using her Ripline ability, landing on the same branch as the Zephyr had.

Temperance was a moment or two late to the party, teleporting in directly behind the imposing Oberon.  He immediately saw where Ezekiel had gotten his name: the detailing of his Markhor Oberon armor was the color of blood, as were the flickers of energy that radiated from his form.  And even without his scanner active, he felt he could have seen the bloodstains of millions worked into the metal of that Galatine greatsword.  This Tenno was definitely one to keep an eye on, if for no other reason than to stay out of his way.

"Tenno Ezekiel, the Sanguine," Temperance greeted him with a polite bow as he turned.  "Welcome back to the land of the living.  My name is Temperance.  The Lotus sends her greetings."  He looked up at the Zephyr and Valkyr perched on the branch, adding reluctantly, "As does the Church of the Ascension.  I fear you have returned to us at a rather...delicate time, brother.  Perhaps you would care to return with us to the upper floors?  There is a great deal of explaining to do."

((Just for clarity, 'brother' is absolutely not meant literally.  I assume you all know this, but I just wanted to be sure))

Temperance was a moment or two late to the party, teleporting in directly behind the imposing Oberon.  He immediately saw where Ezekiel had gotten his name: the detailing of his Markhor Oberon armor was the color of blood, as were the flickers of energy that radiated from his form.  And even without his scanner active, he felt he could have seen the bloodstains of millions worked into the metal of that Galatine greatsword.  This Tenno was definitely one to keep an eye on, if for no other reason than to stay out of his way.

"Tenno Ezekiel, the Sanguine," Temperance greeted him with a polite bow as he turned.  "Welcome back to the land of the living.  My name is Temperance.  The Lotus sends her greetings."  He looked up at the Zephyr and Valkyr perched on the branch, adding reluctantly, "As does the Church of the Ascension.  I fear you have returned to us at a rather...delicate time, brother.  Perhaps you would care to return with us to the upper floors?  There is a great deal of explaining to do."

((Just for clarity, 'brother' is absolutely not meant literally.  I assume you all know this, but I just wanted to be sure))

A Decoy appeared next to Temperance and using Switch Teleport, Rien switched places with the Decoy to reach the branch. "Greetings, our brother. It is a joyous occasion whenever more of us awaken." Having observed Temperance before he had moved in, Rien saw that his suspicions were at least somewhat justified. Temperance has delayed giving mention of the church despite mentioning the Lotus so readily. For the most part, however, Rien expected that Temperance would at the very least have to delay anything underhanded he might be planning as he was outnumbered three to one.

The Valkyr waited for Temperance to finish speaking but rather than stand around, climbed down to the branch where he was. She had a bit of a dislike for Ash and Loki frames due to the ability of those frames to teleport in, making it seem as though they appeared out of thin air. "Which direction did you come from? In the event you have have left something behind while walking through the area."

The Zephyr  jumped off, falling more slowly than the others would had they done the same due to her lighter build. "I hope you are not injured, our brother. Do you still feel disoriented from your recent awakening?"

((I would hope everyone interpreted it that way since I've had members of the church refer to other Tenno as their brothers and sisters in that manner.))

Leo brought back the requested items for the church, handing over the items to the Volt Priest "Here, this should help your repair effort, Are you doing anything about the plants or?""

"Thank you. Your donation is very much appreciated.", the Volt replied as he took the container. "As for the trees, we will cut them back so they are limited to the garden areas."

"Thank you. Your donation is very much appreciated.", the Volt replied as he took the container. "As for the trees, we will cut them back so they are limited to the garden areas."

"How do you cut down an infested tree?" Asked Leo as he presents his Skana; Sylvia and taps his blade against the bark of it before trying to stab into it.

Edited by Drakeardian

"How do you cut down an infested tree?" Asked Leo as he presents his Skana; Sylvia and taps his blade against the bark of it before trying to stab into it.

The blade sank into the wood but did not go far. "We largely need an Excalibur using Slash Dash back and forth to saw through it or a Miter. Then the remains are either burnt by an Ember or disintegrated by a Nova."

The blade sank into the wood but did not go far. "We largely need an Excalibur using Slash Dash back and forth to saw through it or a Miter. Then the remains are either burnt by an Ember or disintegrated by a Nova."

Cardina twitched at the same moment the Skana embedded in the tree; though it bothered her, there was a more pressing matter at hand.

"Nien," she hissed into her helmet, careful that Shinkiro would not hear. "Talk to me. What's happening? Who else is there?"

The Valkyr waited for Temperance to finish speaking but rather than stand around, climbed down to the branch where he was. She had a bit of a dislike for Ash and Loki frames due to the ability of those frames to teleport in, making it seem as though they appeared out of thin air. "Which direction did you come from? In the event you have have left something behind while walking through the area."

The Zephyr  jumped off, falling more slowly than the others would had they done the same due to her lighter build. "I hope you are not injured, our brother. Do you still feel disoriented from your recent awakening?"

How amusing Temperance thought.  It's almost like we're a proper cell, sent to greet our new brother.  Too bad these other three would probably like nothing better than to drop me off this branch into a pool of irradiated water.

"I assure you, Rien searched our route quite thoroughly after I destroyed a malfunctioning laser trap," he said.  "He seemed to object rather strenuously to any further damage to the derelict."  

The Valkyr was probably the team's muscle, maybe with additional skills as a scavenger or engineer, based on her concern over any damaged Orokin tech.  She seemed tense, he realized.  But it was a tension directed at both Rien and himself, rather than him alone.  Perhaps she simply did not like stealth 'frames.  Consider the feeling mutual, sister, he thought.  I may admire your strength, but berserkers in general have never been my proverbial cup of tea.  The Zephyr was harder to read; forced to guess, he would label her as the recon team's primary scout and possibly a field medic.  She certainly seemed a little more concerned than average for Ezekiel's well-being.

Patience is key here, Temperance thought, returning his attention to the brooding Ezekiel.  For now, I'll wait, and fill in any holes the Church leaves in their briefing.  After that, Ezekiel will have to choose for himself to take a side, or strike out on his own.  Of course, the trick will be to stay alive until then.

Leo pulled his Skana out and cleaned it "Well, The Shark's crew are on leave so far so, Will it be permitted if we stay to help repairs and clear the trees? It gets boring out here after a while, Plus Sovereign needs to get off his fat behind"

How amusing Temperance thought.  It's almost like we're a proper cell, sent to greet our new brother.  Too bad these other three would probably like nothing better than to drop me off this branch into a pool of irradiated water.

"I assure you, Rien searched our route quite thoroughly after I destroyed a malfunctioning laser trap," he said.  "He seemed to object rather strenuously to any further damage to the derelict."  

The Valkyr was probably the team's muscle, maybe with additional skills as a scavenger or engineer, based on her concern over any damaged Orokin tech.  She seemed tense, he realized.  But it was a tension directed at both Rien and himself, rather than him alone.  Perhaps she simply did not like stealth 'frames.  Consider the feeling mutual, sister, he thought.  I may admire your strength, but berserkers in general have never been my proverbial cup of tea.  The Zephyr was harder to read; forced to guess, he would label her as the recon team's primary scout and possibly a field medic.  She certainly seemed a little more concerned than average for Ezekiel's well-being.

Patience is key here, Temperance thought, returning his attention to the brooding Ezekiel.  For now, I'll wait, and fill in any holes the Church leaves in their briefing.  After that, Ezekiel will have to choose for himself to take a side, or strike out on his own.  Of course, the trick will be to stay alive until then.

((Sorry guys, I was away and couldn't get back.))

Brutos and Psycha approached the group. 

"Sorry but when we docked there was no one to greet us. After a while we decided to come looking ourselves." Psycha explained

Cardina twitched at the same moment the Skana embedded in the tree; though it bothered her, there was a more pressing matter at hand.

"Nien," she hissed into her helmet, careful that Shinkiro would not hear. "Talk to me. What's happening? Who else is there?"

Rien responded via private link through his helmet, "Temperance and I have met our awakened brother Tenno. The search team that was combing the area found him first and we will return to the upper levels with him as quickly as possible."

He then looked to Ezekiel and spoke to the group as a whole this time. "We should continue onwards. Temperance and I will guide you to the upper floors while the search continues down here."

The Valkyr replied, "Even malfunctioning death orbs are valuable to us as the parts and materials they are made of can be used in repairs. The power cores of the orbs are also particularly valuable until power is fully restored to some rooms." She looked into the darkness beyond in the direction she guessed Ezekiel had come from. There was also the task of recovering his pod should he require use of it again.

Leo pulled his Skana out and cleaned it "Well, The Shark's crew are on leave so far so, Will it be permitted if we stay to help repairs and clear the trees? It gets boring out here after a while, Plus Sovereign needs to get off his fat behind"

"That would be very helpful and you are welcome to do so. However, the trees will largely be left to Cardina. She does not seem to like the thought of the trees being cut but sometimes, it has to be done. There isn't always the available space to reposition them."

((I imagined that Cardina would be able to make the trees move through mental command.))

"Sorry but when we docked there was no one to greet us. After a while we decided to come looking ourselves." Psycha explained

((Cardina was in the hangar with Shinkiro. I don't think she would take kindly to visitors just walking past her and going looking around the derelict unsupervised.))

Edited by Sumika1204

((Cardina was in the hangar with Shinkiro. I don't think she would take kindly to visitors just walking past her and going looking around the derelict unsupervised.))

((I understand that, If you don't mind i meant it like this but can change it))

((Also, Temperance sent Brutos and Psycha a message right before they docked, warning them to be careful around the Church))

Nien responded via private link through his helmet, "Temperance and I have met our awakened brother Tenno. The search team that was combing the area found him first and we will return to the upper levels with him as quickly as possible."

He then looked to Ezekiel and spoke to the group as a whole this time. "We should continue onwards. Temperance and I will guide you to the upper floors while the search continues down here."

The Valkyr replied, "Even malfunctioning death orbs are valuable to us as the parts and materials they are made of can be used in repairs. The power cores of the orbs are also particularly valuable until power is fully restored to some rooms." She looked into the darkness beyond in the direction she guessed Ezekiel had come from. There was also the task of recovering his pod should he require use of it again.

"Of course," Temperance said easily.  "As you say, any functional Orokin technology is immensely valuable.  I will be more careful if I happen to venture down here again.  Ezekiel, if you would follow Rien and me, the upper floors are this way."

((And might I suggest we sort this out in the OoC thread?  Adding these little tags to our IC posts is a bit disruptive.))

Edited by Temperance000

((Also, Temperance sent Brutos and Psycha a message right before they docked, warning them to be careful around the Church))

"Of course," Temperance said easily.  "As you say, any functional Orokin technology is immensely valuable.  I will be more careful if I happen to venture down here again.  Ezekiel, if you would follow Nien and me, the upper floors are this way."

((Hey Sumika, I thought the Loki's name was Rien.  Was that just a typo?)

((I was a bit lacking in sleep when I posted. I fixed my error. His name is Rien.))

((I understand that, If you don't mind i meant it like this but can change it))

((Rather than skip all the way from them approaching to dock to them having docked, exited their ship and gone looking for Temperance without giving anyone the chance to do anything in-between, it would have been better to take it in steps. Someone would have stopped them since it wouldn't be wise to let visitors wander unattended and they would either have had to heed what is said by the members of the church or end up causing a confrontation.))

Edited by Sumika1204