Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

"It was at short notice so I have not been informed as to what exactly is going on. I can assure you that it shouldn't be anything too serious."

"If you say so, my dear." Shinkiro crossed his arms, looking like he was pondering about something. "Still... I can't help but think that something is wrong."

With each word spoken to her, she seamed to very slowly relax a little. Her head soon turned to the others in the room. But the longer she held her bow, the weaker her arm grew. She gave a small look to the Frost before her arm slipped off the string letting the arrow fly past his shoulder. Luckily, that arrow didn't decide to explode. She looked right from Leo to the Volt. " I don't understand... an-and I don't like not understanding. It makes me....fearful." Her voice drifted softly to them as her head turned down to her bow.

With each word spoken to her, she seamed to very slowly relax a little. Her head soon turned to the others in the room. But the longer she held her bow, the weaker her arm grew. She gave a small look to the Frost before her arm slipped off the string letting the arrow fly past his shoulder. Luckily, that arrow didn't decide to explode. She looked right from Leo to the Volt. " I don't understand... an-and I don't like not understanding. It makes me....fearful." Her voice drifted softly to them as her head turned down to her bow.

Cardina sat on the branch, swinging her feet. She calibrated her frame's auto-senses to the conversation below. The Volt priest showed a good effort; nervous, but earnest. One to keep an eye on. Nonetheless, The Trinity still seemed afraid, and Cardina's mind was made up when the Trinity's nervousness let an arrow sail past the Frost's head. 

With a flip, and a slide down a spiralling tree trunk, Cardina landed directly behind Corvo.

"Enjoying your tour, Corvo?" Cardina cood as she plucked the arrow out a trunk behind her. She slipped past and around Leo's crew, to stand before the Trinity. "Hello. I am Cardina, Herald of this Church." She handed the arrow over. "Are you alright, Miss?..."

Edited by SnaleKing

"Do not worry. The Church is full of Tenno such as you or I. We care for our brothers and sisters, providing a safe haven to those in need of one among other things. You are safe here." It was good that she was relaxing. It would definitely make it easier to get her to the upper floors where she could recover from the after-effects of cryosleep and get something to eat if she was hungry.

Cardina sat on the branch, swinging her feet. She calibrated her frame's auto-senses to the conversation below. The Volt priest showed a good effort; nervous, but earnest. One to keep an eye on. Nonetheless, The Trinity still seemed afraid, and Cardina's mind was made up when the Trinity's nervousness let an arrow sail past the Frost's head. 

With a flip, and a slide down a spiralling tree trunk, Cardina landed directly behind Corvo.

"Enjoying your tour, Corvo?" Cardina cooed as she plucked the arrow out a trunk behind her. She slipped past and around Leo's crew, to stand before the Trinity. "Hello. I am Cardina, Herald of this Church." She handed the arrow over. "Are you alright?"

The Volt would have continued but Cardina came in and since she was the best at persuasion, he decided to leave the task of speaking with their recently awakened sister Tenno to her. He was fine with simply standing there and providing light for everyone using his electrical energy.

Edited by Sumika1204

"Enjoying your tour, Corvo?" Cardina cood as she plucked the arrow out a trunk behind her. She slipped past and around Leo's crew, to stand before the Trinity. "Hello. I am Cardina, Herald of this Church." She handed the arrow over. "Are you alright, Miss?..."

Damn she's good.  After their converstation in the garden, Temperance's initial wary respect for Cardina had quickly evolved into fear.  Now, that fear in turn had become something else.  The element of extreme caution remained, but it was now overlaid by something very much like grudging admiration.  Even...attraction?

Temperance gave himself a little shake.  He absolutely refused to go down that road.  Not because the Lotus would disapprove, which she might, but because in all probability it was exactly what Cardina wanted.  Even watching her from afar, as she expertly ingratiated herself with the Trinity he assumed was Kistella, he could not shake the feeling that she was aware of his every motion, every thought.  Just like in the garden, she was still in control.  It was almost as if the walls...no, not the walls, he realized suddenly.  Just like in the garden.  The garden.  The plants.  It was the plants.

Keeping his eyes fixed on Cardina's distant orange phase signature, Temperance keyed his Shuriken ability, dug the razor-sharp blade deep into the tree trunk, and twisted.

Damn she's good.  After their converstation in the garden, Temperance's initial wary respect for Cardina had quickly evolved into fear.  Now, that fear in turn had become something else.  The element of extreme caution remained, but it was now overlaid by something very much like grudging admiration.  Even...attraction?

Temperance gave himself a little shake.  He absolutely refused to go down that road.  Not because the Lotus would disapprove, which she might, but because in all probability it was exactly what Cardina wanted.  Even watching her from afar, as she expertly ingratiated herself with the Trinity he assumed was Kistella, he could not shake the feeling that she was aware of his every motion, every thought.  Just like in the garden, she was still in control.  It was almost as if the walls...no, not the walls, he realized suddenly.  Just like in the garden.  The garden.  The plants.  It was the plants.

Keeping his eyes fixed on Cardina's distant orange phase signature, Temperance keyed his Shuriken ability, dug the razor-sharp blade deep into the tree trunk, and twisted.

Rien raised a brow as he watched Temperance cut into the tree they were standing on. He wasn't sure just what Temperance was trying to do but he guessed that he was planning something in doing so. "If you want samples to study, they could have been taken from just about any other derelict in the system. The trees here are considered sacred to the church." Granted, they had to cut section off at times in order to do the repairs where the trees had burst through the walls, floor or ceiling of a room but for the most part, they were left to Cardina.

Cardina barely avoided wincing. That was a shuriken. In the Derelict's underbelly. "Rien," Cardina growled into her helmet, giving no indication to her present company of the communication. "Ascertain and report Temperance's location and motive."

Rien raised a brow as he watched Temperance cut into the tree they were standing on. He wasn't sure just what Temperance was trying to do but he guessed that he was planning something in doing so. "If you want samples to study, they could have been taken from just about any other derelict in the system. The trees here are considered sacred to the church." Granted, they had to cut section off at times in order to do the repairs where the trees had burst through the walls, floor or ceiling of a room but for the most part, they were left to Cardina.

Cardina barely avoided wincing. That was a shuriken. In the Derelict's underbelly. "Rien," Cardina growled into her helmet, giving no indication to her present company of the communication. "Ascertain and report Temperance's location and motive."

"Ah, of course," Temperance replied lightly.  "I apologize Rien.  I forgot to mention that I work as an Observer for the Oracles of Saturn.  Research is one of my primary pastimes.  I thought that perhaps there was something unique about these plants, seeing as how Cardina was able to cultivate them so beautifully in her garden, but I felt it would be impolite to take samples from a public area. You have all been supremely tolerant of me, given the circumstances, and for that, I thank you.  In the future, I will be sure to clear my actions with you or another member of the Church."

He refocused some of his sensors on the Loki as he spoke, listening hard for the faintest trace of signal traffic, and was rewarded with the nearly invisible flicker of an internal comm net.  Beneath his helmet, he smiled.  Cardina had twitched.

Edited by Temperance000

Rien responded via the private channel, "He is here." He then marked Temperance's current location and sent the waypoint location to Cardina. "He just jabbed a shuriken into the trunk of the tree we are standing on. As for his motives, I believe that he is a spy sent by the Lotus. I do not have concrete evidence yet and I doubt he will reveal his intentions so easily."

Rien responded via the private channel, "He is here." He then marked Temperance's current location and sent the waypoint location to Cardina. "He just jabbed a shuriken into the trunk of the tree we are standing on. As for his motives, I believe that he is a spy sent by the Lotus. I do not have concrete evidence yet and I doubt he will reveal his intentions so easily."

"Obviously," Cardina's helmet jerked all but imperceptibly as she snapped at Rien. "If you had paid him any kind of attention, like I had, you'd have plenty of evidence within ten minutes of him boarding!" She simmered under her helmet for a moment. "Rien- I apologize. You're doing fine, and more importantly you're doing your best. If I am to be honest, this 'Temperance' irritates me, and intentionally. A remarkably clever, insightful, and spiteful individual." She smirked. "Not logical, though. He's fixating on me. Poor thing." She switched to address all the nearby Church members. "Keep up the good work, Acolytes. This is a complicated situation, and you all are handling it admirably."

She looked up at the Volt listen to his words. " Brother..."  Her voice seamed to trail off. " My brothers....Where are they?" Her mind didn't fully catch all of what the male Tenno had said to her. " Are they alright?" As the female Tenno made her way over, Kistella watched her closely. The arrow was dropped to her and she quickly took it back . "I'll be fine in a bit...R-Right now its.....different. Hard to understand."

She looked up at the Volt listen to his words. " Brother..."  Her voice seamed to trail off. " My brothers....Where are they?" Her mind didn't fully catch all of what the male Tenno had said to her. " Are they alright?" As the female Tenno made her way over, Kistella watched her closely. The arrow was dropped to her and she quickly took it back . "I'll be fine in a bit...R-Right now its.....different. Hard to understand."

"Hey, careful," Cardina slipped herself under Kistella's arm, supporting the Trinity. "Don't panic, it'll be fine. The cryo's scrambled your memory, but it'll come back with time. Tell me what you know, and don't be afraid to skip over anything you don't remember- or, don't want to remember."

"Obviously," Cardina's helmet jerked all but imperceptibly as she snapped at Rien. "If you had paid him any kind of attention, like I had, you'd have plenty of evidence within ten minutes of him boarding!" She simmered under her helmet for a moment. "Rien- I apologize. You're doing fine, and more importantly you're doing your best. If I am to be honest, this 'Temperance' irritates me, and intentionally. A remarkably clever, insightful, and spiteful individual." She smirked. "Not logical, though. He's fixating on me. Poor thing." She switched to address all the nearby Church members. "Keep up the good work, Acolytes. This is a complicated situation, and you all are handling it admirably."

Rien replied, "I apologize for my incompetence. However, there is one thing which I have noticed over the period of his stay. He must have a scanner with him and I assume that it has been active since he set foot aboard this vessel. He knows very much. However, I have kept his access away from anything sensitive we have to limit his information gathering."

Meanwhile, the Valkyr had left Cardina, the Volt and Leo's group to talk with their awakened sister while she slipped away to continue her search of the area should there be more cryopods in the area and more salvageable materials. Best to get to them first, rather than Temperance get alerted to their existence by the Lotus. Then he would likely come for them to reduce the chance of newly awakened Tenno joining the church.

"Hm... I need to return to my ship for a moment." Shinkiro bowed to the Ember Prime before turning and walking off.

Pyre nodded and waited in the hangar while Shinkiro returned to his ship. She was going to be there for a while, it seemed.

Rien replied, "I apologize for my incompetence. However, there is one thing which I have noticed over the period of his stay. He must have a scanner with him and I assume that it has been active since he set foot aboard this vessel. He knows very much. However, I have kept his access away from anything sensitive we have to limit his information gathering."

Meanwhile, the Valkyr had left Cardina, the Volt and Leo's group to talk with their awakened sister while she slipped away to continue her search of the area should there be more cryopods in the area and more salvageable materials. Best to get to them first, rather than Temperance get alerted to their existence by the Lotus. Then he would likely come for them to reduce the chance of newly awakened Tenno joining the church.

"Of course he-" Cardina was glad both hands were occupied supporting Kistella, she probably couldn't resist facepalming otherwise. "Nice job keeping him away from anything sensitive. Though, of course, we have nothing to hide."

"Copy, Tenno Leonardo," Temperance replied with audible relief.  "I'm sure that at this point, having a neutral third party present for Kristella's awakening would be the preferable course for all involved.  Please keep us updated on your progress.  Temperance out."

Temperance returned his attention to the obviously distraught Oberon.  Best to take this slowly he thought.

"Calm yourself, brother," he said.  "Our sister speaks truly.  The Infested are contained, to the best of our capabilities, and in spite of the decor, this derelict is clean of them.  As for the Orokin, I regret to say that none of us have the answers you seek.  Our memories too have been lost to the cryonesia.  All we know for certain is that the Empire suffered a catastrophic Collapse shortly after the end of the Sentient invasion.  There are fragmented records that suggest..." he hesitated for a moment.  This part always filled him with shame.  "...That suggest the Tenno were somehow involved.  Regardless, derelicts like this one and a few automated Void Towers are all that remain.  As to your other questions, none of us know exactly how long we have slept.  Our best guesses say several centuries, at least.  The Origin System is currently engulfed in a multi-faction war, with the Tenno caught in the middle.  Most of us fight for the Lotus, keeping the other factions in more or less perpetual stalemate while we work to regain our strength.  The Grineer Empire and their Twin Queens are currently the dominant military force, but they are more or less equally matched by the economic stranglehold of a religious mega-conglomerate called the Corpus.  And of course, the Infested are still scratching at the doors, asking to be let in.  Basically, the system has gone to hell in a hand basket.  So in short, welcome back to us, Ezekiel. We're only sorry that you woke to a battlefield."

And a political minefield, but that's a Fragor best saved for later.

Ezekiel slid down to a sitting position on the bark of the tree, his legs dangling off the side as he used Durendel as support to prevent him from falling into the depths of the ship. The destruction of one's civilization, one's race, one's culture, one's life was difficult for any being to swallow immediately. It was what he feared from observing his surroundings, but the confirmation stung, it dug deep into his head and burned. It burned his emotions, it burned down to his soul. His civilization was gone, that which he knew he was sworn to uphold and die for reduced to mere ruins, which now it seemed some pathetic degenerate civilizations that escaped the fall of the Orokin now danced upon desecrated ruins and claimed ownership of the system, of humanity.

"A battlefield? I would want nothing more to awake to- a weapon exists only for its purpose, and that is death, to deal it, to wield it. I do not exist to conduct orchestras, write poetry, or muse on philosophy, and while I might consider those hobbies, I am a weapon. I exist to purge the enemies and I cease to have a purpose upon the destruction of my enemies. 'Pity the soldier that slays all his foes'. But even so I kill for reason, for that which kills for no cause is nothing more than a degenerate monster worth nothing to the glories of humanity. And now above all previous times that I have since forgotten, but I can feel in my bones that there has never been a greater time with such reason to kill than this one. Such squatters have no right to lay claim to any planet in the system, they, as the final survivors of the Orokin age, are our rightful possession, we are the inheritors of our creators, not they."E

Ezekiel picked himself from the ground and raised his sword to his helm, touching his temple with the body of the blade. He muttered some litany quietly to himself, then slung the blade back into the magnetic seal upon his back.

"Now brothers and sisters, inheritors of the Orokin Era and its last survivors- where may I find these squatter scum?"

After a bit of twists and turns, Shinkiro had finally made back to his ship. Taking a seat in the cockpit room, he pressed a few buttons then just laid back on his seat, hands behind his head.

"New entry to current logs..."

About 10 minutes had passed, Shinkiro got up from his seat and walked on over to a case. Upon opening, he pull both vastos and tossed them into the case, then picks up a set of kunais and the quiver and arrows for his Paris Prime. Satisfied, he would leave the ship and make his way back to Pyre.

Ezekiel slid down to a sitting position on the bark of the tree, his legs dangling off the side as he used Durendel as support to prevent him from falling into the depths of the ship. The destruction of one's civilization, one's race, one's culture, one's life was difficult for any being to swallow immediately. It was what he feared from observing his surroundings, but the confirmation stung, it dug deep into his head and burned. It burned his emotions, it burned down to his soul. His civilization was gone, that which he knew he was sworn to uphold and die for reduced to mere ruins, which now it seemed some pathetic degenerate civilizations that escaped the fall of the Orokin now danced upon desecrated ruins and claimed ownership of the system, of humanity.

"A battlefield? I would want nothing more to awake to- a weapon exists only for its purpose, and that is death, to deal it, to wield it. I do not exist to conduct orchestras, write poetry, or muse on philosophy, and while I might consider those hobbies, I am a weapon. I exist to purge the enemies and I cease to have a purpose upon the destruction of my enemies. 'Pity the soldier that slays all his foes'. But even so I kill for reason, for that which kills for no cause is nothing more than a degenerate monster worth nothing to the glories of humanity. And now above all previous times that I have since forgotten, but I can feel in my bones that there has never been a greater time with such reason to kill than this one. Such squatters have no right to lay claim to any planet in the system, they, as the final survivors of the Orokin age, are our rightful possession, we are the inheritors of our creators, not they."E

Ezekiel picked himself from the ground and raised his sword to his helm, touching his temple with the body of the blade. He muttered some litany quietly to himself, then slung the blade back into the magnetic seal upon his back.

"Now brothers and sisters, inheritors of the Orokin Era and its last survivors- where may I find these squatter scum?"

Temperance let a relieved grin form beneath his helmet.  Finally, someone who wasn't debating philosophy with him.  It was...refreshing.

"You won't have to look hard, brother," he replied.  "Every node of the Solar Rail network is crawling with them.  I am sure," he looked over at Rien, "that the Church has a ship you can borrow.  And I would be happy to put you in contact with the Lotus for mission oversight."

Temperance rose and offered Ezekiel his hand.  "Welcome to the war brother.  It's good to have you with us."

Temperance let a relieved grin form beneath his helmet.  Finally, someone who wasn't debating philosophy with him.  It was...refreshing.

"You won't have to look hard, brother," he replied.  "Every node of the Solar Rail network is crawling with them.  I am sure," he looked over at Rien, "that the Church has a ship you can borrow.  And I would be happy to put you in contact with the Lotus for mission oversight."

Temperance rose and offered Ezekiel his hand.  "Welcome to the war brother.  It's good to have you with us."

Oh no, Rien was definitely not allowing any Tenno to be swayed to the Lotus so easily. Her way would result in a slow extinction for the Tenno. However, he would not start a war with his own Tenno brothers and sisters. Times were difficult enough as is without internal conflicts. Granted, she was obviously skilled at organisation but Rien, like all members of the church, saw her for what she was. She was turning their honourable race in nothing more than mercenaries fighting for scraps.

"Before you go off on a crusade against our enemies, we should ensure you are well enough equipped. You will be needing a primary weapon such as a rifle, shotgun or bow, I imagine." To Rien, Ezekiel seemed like he would rather easily join the church due to what he voiced regarding the Grineer and Corpus and the idea of Tenno ruling over the system. He was no priest but it seemed like it would be easy even to him. "Would you be willing to aid the church? We aim to build a place where all Tenno are welcome. A place we can call our own."

After a bit of twists and turns, Shinkiro had finally made back to his ship. Taking a seat in the cockpit room, he pressed a few buttons then just laid back on his seat, hands behind his head.

"New entry to current logs..."

About 10 minutes had passed, Shinkiro got up from his seat and walked on over to a case. Upon opening, he pull both vastos and tossed them into the case, then picks up a set of kunais and the quiver and arrows for his Paris Prime. Satisfied, he would leave the ship and make his way back to Pyre.

Noticing Shinkiro with Kunai and a bow on his person, Pyre assumed something had run through his mind. Something would have had to come across his mind for him to have changed his weapons to more classical Tenno weapons which were known for being near silent and hence excellent for stealth missions. "Hello, Shinkiro.""

Cross didn't flinch as the arrow whizzed past his shoulder, he looked to the Arrow before the Cardinia removed it from the trunk then looked back to the Trinity

Corvo looked to the Cardinia "For the moment"

"We'll find them" replied Leo "Who are your brothers?"

She almost wanted to flinch away from Cardinia's touch, but she knew she needed the help. " I...I remember we were going to fight something." She seamed to think for a moment. " The infested. That's what I was training for. My brothers had already fought  them before. I know I wanted to help them, But I was still getting use to Trinity."  She turned her head to Leo as he spoke. " Malkis and Linlek... Malkis is in a Necros and Linlek is in a Frost..." She kept her bow tight in her hand, but looked over to the Kamas on the floor. " I would rather not lose those....I think they mean a lot to me."

Edited by NovaDReaper

Noticing Shinkiro with Kunai and a bow on his person, Pyre assumed something had run through his mind. Something would have had to come across his mind for him to have changed his weapons to more classical Tenno weapons which were known for being near silent and hence excellent for stealth missions. "Hello, Shinkiro.""

[He had his bow on him the entire time xD]

"Ahh, miss Pyre. Still here as I hoped." Shinkiro let out a small chuckle as he walked up next to her. "Heard anything from the Herald while I was gone?"

Oh no, Rien was definitely not allowing any Tenno to be swayed to the Lotus so easily. Her way would result in a slow extinction for the Tenno. However, he would not start a war with his own Tenno brothers and sisters. Times were difficult enough as is without internal conflicts. Granted, she was obviously skilled at organisation but Rien, like all members of the church, saw her for what she was. She was turning their honourable race in nothing more than mercenaries fighting for scraps.

"Before you go off on a crusade against our enemies, we should ensure you are well enough equipped. You will be needing a primary weapon such as a rifle, shotgun or bow, I imagine." To Rien, Ezekiel seemed like he would rather easily join the church due to what he voiced regarding the Grineer and Corpus and the idea of Tenno ruling over the system. He was no priest but it seemed like it would be easy even to him. "Would you be willing to aid the church? We aim to build a place where all Tenno are welcome. A place we can call our own."

"My emotions control me instead of logical thought, I am ahead of myself. My logical mind calls for strategy, for us to rebuilt and focus our power and build industrial might to support ourselves from the degenerate squatters tainting the planets that rightfully belong to us. But my heart, my heart, it calls for vengeance, for blood to flow freely and endlessly from those scavenge from our relics of our golden age, that desecrate the sacred remnants of humanity's era and the greatness achieved, even if my memory fails the details, I know the beauty existed as much as I know my lethality."

Ezekiel sighed, the great horned Tenno huffed small gusts of air from the sides of its helm as a signal of grief. His hands reached up to his head and cradled his forehead, it was all so much to take in.

"Any action I take may be too great. I think it may be better that I simply rest on this.. startling information. To slumber for what may have been anything between centuries or millennia, to awake and find that one's civilization is dead and the gratitude for its discovery are diminutive new "human" empires ripping apart its ruins? Too much in too little time."

"My emotions control me instead of logical thought, I am ahead of myself. My logical mind calls for strategy, for us to rebuilt and focus our power and build industrial might to support ourselves from the degenerate squatters tainting the planets that rightfully belong to us. But my heart, my heart, it calls for vengeance, for blood to flow freely and endlessly from those scavenge from our relics of our golden age, that desecrate the sacred remnants of humanity's era and the greatness achieved, even if my memory fails the details, I know the beauty existed as much as I know my lethality."

Ezekiel sighed, the great horned Tenno huffed small gusts of air from the sides of its helm as a signal of grief. His hands reached up to his head and cradled his forehead, it was all so much to take in.

"Any action I take may be too great. I think it may be better that I simply rest on this.. startling information. To slumber for what may have been anything between centuries or millennia, to awake and find that one's civilization is dead and the gratitude for its discovery are diminutive new "human" empires ripping apart its ruins? Too much in too little time."

Temperance laid a comforting hand on the Oberon's shoulder.  "You are not alone, brother,"  he said.  "All of us have been where you are.  Lost, torn, some might say...purposeless."  His mouth twisted wryly beneath his helmet.  "'To serve, not to rule,'" he quoted, somewhat bitterly.  "Such is our Code.  It is an awful headache at times, but a necessary one.  That is why we have guides in this new world, Ezekiel.  Clan Warlords, the Red Veil assassins, the Oracles of Saturn, the Lotus, the Church of the Ascension, in whose derelict you now stand.  These are just a few.  They help us focus our talents, give us a framework on which to build our new lives.  Granted, they don't always agree with each other, which tends to cause...tension.  But take your time, Ezekiel.  The powers that be want you committed, but all of us," he glanced pointedly at Rien, "can see you are in no shape for such games.  Take what time you need to rest and recover.  The rest of the system is not going anywhere."

Yet.

Leo looked to Corvo and Cross. before looking to the Cardinia "I'd recommend doing a thorough search of the Derelict, There could be more Cryopods on then you may have thought"

Meanwhile, Something wicked comes the Derelict's way...

Edited by Drakeardian