The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Pyre bowed. "You have my thanks for your kindness. This donation will help greatly in our repairs. May Her light shine upon you and His death consume your enemies."

Shinkiro smiled softly behind his helmet, "Now, is there anything else that needs to be done? When do I see these Ascended?"

Shinkiro smiled softly behind his helmet, "Now, is there anything else that needs to be done? When do I see these Ascended?"

"You will have to see Cardina. She is the Herald of the Divinities and all outsiders who wish to see them must ask her first."

"So I can assume she is busy at the moment. If so, is there anyplace here that I can meditate?"

"Why yes, there are places where you can meditate. There are the meditation halls, there are small sections of some of the gathering halls and even the gardens."

"Why yes, there are places where you can meditate. There are the meditation halls, there are small sections of some of the gathering halls and even the gardens."

"Ah, I thank you. Will you be giving me a tour of this base then? It would be most delightful."

"Ah, I thank you. Will you be giving me a tour of this base then? It would be most delightful."

Pyre nodded. "Right this way. Some areas will be restricted to those who are members of the church and share our beliefs but the other areas, I am free to show you." She gestured for Shinkiro to follow before she went walking down a hallway leading to one of the main halls. From there, she showed him areas such as the gardens containing Infested plants, the meal hall where everyone in the church ate together when they had their meals and some rooms which were meant as lounges or meeting places judging by the chairs and tables left over from the Orokin era.

"That's right," Cardina said a bit too quickly. "We have learned so much in our pursuit of perfect balance, and we do guard that enlightenment. But we gladly share it with those who show dedication."

She stepped next to Cross, feeling his interest in the secret knowledge she spoke of. "The Lotus does not tell you everything. You know that. Does it not concern you that when she tells you not to search, saying the information would not aid your cause, you find nothing but details of your past? What organization thrives on the ignorance of its members?"

Cardina strode behind Corvo, sensing his palpable doubt. "How can matter and energy be all there is to reality? How could there not be Gods? We Tenno draw our power from outside this universe, from the Void. There is certainly more than mere fuel in that half-known hellspace."

Finally she stood in front of Leo. "You are a leader, Leo. A wise follower listens to their leader, but so too does a wise follower question them. You, are both. It is your duty to both lead without doubt, and ask without reservation. Has it occurred to you that the Lotus doesn't seek real balance? Whoever wins this war, there will be chaos and death in abundance. True, death is inevitable; but do you think she holds any interest in balancing that with order and life?"

Cardina's words were carefully selected, with an unusual persuasiveness behind them.

((You're fine, Sumika. I'm just characterizing Cardina))

All three of them looked at Eachother, but Corvo hmph'd once more. still not convinced.

Leo replied "In truth we mostly work Freelance these days. Our missions either come from the Lotus, other Tenno, or items of interest that we acquire, your transmission for example. But personally, I think questioning the Lotus would be far too difficult. We already owe her a lot, Saving our lives and giving us information against our enemies. Alad V and Vay Hek to note.

"But what would you think your goal would not become anything like the Lotus's?" asked Corvo, leaning down to look at the Nyx.

"Easy Old man, Don't scare her" said Cross with a chuckle.

All three of them looked at Eachother, but Corvo hmph'd once more. still not convinced.

Leo replied "In truth we mostly work Freelance these days. Our missions either come from the Lotus, other Tenno, or items of interest that we acquire, your transmission for example. But personally, I think questioning the Lotus would be far too difficult. We already owe her a lot, Saving our lives and giving us information against our enemies. Alad V and Vay Hek to note.

"But what would you think your goal would not become anything like the Lotus's?" asked Corvo, leaning down to look at the Nyx.

"Easy Old man, Don't scare her" said Cross with a chuckle.

Mortos answered Corvo's question in Cardina's stead. "The Lotus does not desire true balance. She only desires that the Tenno act as her personal armed force and keep two mortal empires locked in a stalemate. She will cause nothing but a slow extinction for our noble race."

Pyre nodded. "Right this way. Some areas will be restricted to those who are members of the church and share our beliefs but the other areas, I am free to show you." She gestured for Shinkiro to follow before she went walking down a hallway leading to one of the main halls. From there, she showed him areas such as the gardens containing Infested plants, the meal hall where everyone in the church ate together when they had their meals and some rooms which were meant as lounges or meeting places judging by the chairs and tables left over from the Orokin era.

Shinkiro watched curiously as the Prime showed him around the base. An orokin derelect base was the last place he would have thought of to use as a base of operations. "So tell me about this Cardina character. Is she some sort of second in command?"

Shinkiro watched curiously as the Prime showed him around the base. An orokin derelect base was the last place he would have thought of to use as a base of operations. "So tell me about this Cardina character. Is she some sort of second in command?"

"She is the Herald of the Divinities. She is the one who speaks directly with them and is their most trusted disciple. We believe that in time, she may join them."

"She is the Herald of the Divinities. She is the one who speaks directly with them and is their most trusted disciple. We believe that in time, she may join them."

Shinkiro crossed his arms, staring at the Prime. "Do you think you will join them one day?"

Shinkiro crossed his arms, staring at the Prime. "Do you think you will join them one day?"

"Some day, yes. Should Cardina join the Divinities, a new Herald will be needed and that Herald will learn from them just as the rest of us do but with access to more knowledge. I believe the process will continue like that until all our brothers and sisters are unified as members of the church. Then everyone can work to ascend just as the Divinities had."

"Some day, yes. Should Cardina join the Divinities, a new Herald will be needed and that Herald will learn from them just as the rest of us do but with access to more knowledge. I believe the process will continue like that until all our brothers and sisters are unified as members of the church. Then everyone can work to ascend just as the Divinities had."

The Ash merely chuckled quietly to himself. "You sure have your goals set straight. Anything else on your mind?" Shinkiro stops to take a seat at one of the nearby tables.

The Ash merely chuckled quietly to himself. "You sure have your goals set straight. Anything else on your mind?" Shinkiro stops to take a seat at one of the nearby tables.

Pyre sat across from Shinkiro at the table. "If things in the system settle down then I'de like to have a family same as most might want to. Not just the Tenno family but my own family with someone I love and a son or daughter."

Pyre sat across from Shinkiro at the table. "If things in the system settle down then I'de like to have a family same as most might want to. Not just the Tenno family but my own family with someone I love and a son or daughter."

"A family eh? Not really something I would typically hear from a Tenno. In my line of work, having a family nor ever starting one has never come to my mind." Shinkirou puts his hands behind his head as he leans back.

"A family eh? Not really something I would typically hear from a Tenno. In my line of work, having a family nor ever starting one has never come to my mind." Shinkirou puts his hands behind his head as he leans back.

"With all the fighting that has been going on in the system, that's not surprising. Following the Divinities, however, we are assured a future. Not the slow extinction caused by constant fighting that will result from following the Lotus but one where our race is respected and prosperous."

"With all the fighting that has been going on in the system, that's not surprising. Following the Divinities, however, we are assured a future. Not the slow extinction caused by constant fighting that will result from following the Lotus but one where our race is respected and prosperous."

"Hehe... I like ya, Pyre. You keep me interested. Every other Tenno I have came across either doesn't say anything or too busy with a mission. You, dear, are an interesting person." Shinkiro brought his hands down and placed them on the table. "Your church is quite interesting indeed."

"Hehe... I like ya, Pyre. You keep me interested. Every other Tenno I have came across either doesn't say anything or too busy with a mission. You, dear, are an interesting person." Shinkiro brought his hands down and placed them on the table. "Your church is quite interesting indeed."

"Thank you, Shinkiro. You flatter me. By any chance, would you be interested in joining the church?"

"Thank you, Shinkiro. You flatter me. By any chance, would you be interested in joining the church?"

"Interested, yes. At the moment, no. I would like to spend a couple of days here, maybe a week or two to experience this church's teachings and such. Then I will decide."

"Interested, yes. At the moment, no. I would like to spend a couple of days here, maybe a week or two to experience this church's teachings and such. Then I will decide."

"Aside from activities common to a Dojo such as eating at a cafeteria and socializing, we meditate at times on the teachings of the Divinities. We also help each other grasp the concepts presented to us by the Divinities. Repair work has had us spending most of our time here but cells have been sent out to acquire resources They bring in much but the work that needs to be done is great."

"Aside from activities common to a Dojo such as eating at a cafeteria and socializing, we meditate at times on the teachings of the Divinities. We also help each other grasp the concepts presented to us by the Divinities. Repair work has had us spending most of our time here but cells have been sent out to acquire resources They bring in much but the work that needs to be done is great."

The Ash nods some, placing a hand where his chin would be. "I can see much repair needs to be done. And that is why I am willing to assist you and your people in repairs. I could bring you as much resources my ship can carry." He snaps his finger. "There, so as long as I stay here, I'll bring any resources you need. It doesn't hinder my job."

The Ash nods some, placing a hand where his chin would be. "I can see much repair needs to be done. And that is why I am willing to assist you and your people in repairs. I could bring you as much resources my ship can carry." He snaps his finger. "There, so as long as I stay here, I'll bring any resources you need. It doesn't hinder my job."

"Thank you, Shinkiro. You are doing a great deed for us. Is there any way that I may repay your kindness?"

"Thank you, Shinkiro. You are doing a great deed for us. Is there any way that I may repay your kindness?"

"Just food, a roof under my head and to see your lovely face again is all this Tenno requires as payment." He gets up from his chair, clasps his hands together, and bows to the Ember Prime.

"Just food, a roof under my head and to see your lovely face again is all this Tenno requires as payment." He gets up from his chair, clasps his hands together, and bows to the Ember Prime.

"Would you like me to show you to the cafeteria and the living spaces? We have space but when the cells who are out for resources return, you may have to share a room with someone else temporarily during your stay. If anything, you would be welcome to share a room with me."

"Would you like me to show you to the cafeteria and the living spaces? We have space but when the cells who are out for resources return, you may have to share a room with someone else temporarily during your stay. If anything, you would be welcome to share a room with me."

"That would be very lovely. But to share a room with you? A pleasure, though would you mind? I'm sure you like to have your privacy."