Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Slash Dash Hits Apply To Combo Chains

Sealgaire

So it's no secret that many abilities don't scale well into the endgame. I'm going to talk about Slash Dash, because Excal was my first, and will always be my favorite frame, so he's what I know.

Slash Dash is great early game, useful mid game with power mods, and totally worthless late game because the damage it does is quickly outpaced by exponentially increasing enemy health/shields/armor.

The solution? See title. Also make the combo multiplier apply to Slash Dash's damage. The precedent of powers interacting with combos has already been set by Blade Storm, and this change would really make him feel like the "swordsman" frame that he was always touted as being, as it would let him maintain and increase his combo chains more easily through careful energy rationing, timing, and situational awareness.

Also, doesn't it just sound like a god damn riotously good time? Cleaving your way through a horde of enemies and dashing to the next group just before your combo times out to continue the slaughter. How can that not make you giddy with joy?

Excal deserves some love. He was the first, and hasn't really been touched since the beta launched. Any claims this would make him overpowered will be met by me incredulously pointing at Molecular Prime or a dozen other powers before falling into a deep depression.

Edited by Sealgaire

Also, doesn't it just sound like a god damn riotously good time? Cleaving your way through a horde of enemies and dashing to the next group just before your combo times out to continue the slaughter. 

This. This would make it awesome and really take advantage of melee 2.0. 

I love my Excalibur too, a lot. But he does fall off quite fast compared to other frame. Also, I am really enjoying melee 2.0 so with this tweak to slash dash would make Excalibur such a great melee frame!

I find it strange the poster boy sword frame user doesn't have abilities that really synergizes with melee directly like contagion, warcry, etc. His skills can aid with melee but also gives the same benefit for gunplay.

What ?

Radial Blind gives a 400% melee damage modifier. 

Guns don't get that benefit and noisy guns, causes blind enemies to move towards the firer's position.

So RB is already a very good melee skill, just that it is less obvious.

But having said that, giving SD the ability to chain combos is fantastic, but I can expect Rhino / Hydroid users demanding to get the same benefit as they have "dashing" powers as well.

Edited by fatpig84

What ?

Radial Blind gives a 400% melee damage modifier. 

Guns don't get that benefit and noisy guns, causes blind enemies to move towards the firer's position.

So RB is already a very good melee skill, just that it is less obvious.

But having said that, giving SD the ability to chain combos is fantastic, but I can expect Rhino / Hydroid users demanding to get the same benefit as they have "dashing" powers as well.

I think you're confusing Excal with Loki/Ash, Excal doesn't get a melee bonus from RB last time I checked

I think you're confusing Excal with Loki/Ash, Excal doesn't get a melee bonus from RB last time I checked

Nope, I won't get them confused as I am a Loki Master race fella and Excal is nearly tied with it as my most favored frame.

Enemies when in blind state are temporarily removed from an alert state. Just like when Loki goes invisible.

So that is why Excal gets the 4x melee damage bonus just like Loki, only in a bigger scale since the entire party benefits and all enemies in range are affected.

Edited by fatpig84

Excalibur doesn't really get tweaked much at all these days because, to DE at least, he is the definition of balance in warframe.

Got a source for that? Seems strange they wouldn't try to keep abilities useful into the late game. It gets boring hammering nothing but radial blind over and over. To be honest, I wouldn't mind radial blind being nerfed if it meant that the power that suits his theme better could be made useful.

Radial blind never really seemed to suit his style to me. He seems like more of a stand up fighter than someone who needs to blind his enemies before taking them down.

As far as other "charge" type abilities also boosting combos, seems like it would dilute Excalibur's role as the kind of mobile melee fighter guy, and ideally they should have other things that make them useful like Rhino's being cheap, decent CC with its knockdown.