Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Lifesteal Tank Build

MrJxt

Question

Ever since melee 2.0 was implemented Valkyr's Hysteria skill feels underwhelming. I've been messing around with a Valkyr build and found some great enjoyment and results.

** This build is by no means optimal but I found very fun and effective using melee only. **

This build also requires the melee mod "Life Strike" which returns a % of the damage dealt from channeling attacks to health (lifesteal).

Life Strike:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Strike

This build works best against grineer but also works fine against corpus and corrupted.

rLEuXwW.png

-Flame Repellent mitigates 60% fire damage from napalms, fusion MOAs, and corrupted MOAs.

-Sure footed for 60% knockdown resistance. Grineer heavy units, shield lancers, corpus doors, scorpion hooks become less annoying.

-Rage converts 40% of health damage to energy. Sustains energy pool for using Warcry and channeling attacks when

low on health.

When fighting Infested, replace Flame Repellent with Antitoxin (45% poison resistance) to mitigate toxin damage from Toxic Ancients.

10 answers to this question

Ever since melee 2.0 was implemented Valkyr's Hysteria skill feels underwhelming.

I'm sorry, what?

She is super strong right now. Melee 2.0 really helps her out a lot. Warcry and Hysteria couple with her melee damage just shreds mobs. No idea what you're going on about.

But overall, the build is nice.

-Flame Repellent mitigates 60% fire damage from napalms, fusion MOAs, and corrupted MOAs.

You sure? Napalms and Scortches, yeah, but I thought fusion MOAs dealt laser damage, thus needing Diamond Skin? Against Corpus, Diamond Skin would be a solid choice anyhow if you want to run this kind of build.

Why all the hysteria hate since 2.0? Even without intensify  I've noticed I'm doing significantly more damage and it seems like I'm attacking A LOT faster. Haven't forma'd her yet but after a few times I'll fit in warcry and a few other mods.

I've been doing this same thing a lot, never liked hysteria in the first place and this is an awesome alternative that actually lets you use your melee weapon.

You sure? Napalms and Scortches, yeah, but I thought fusion MOAs dealt laser damage, thus needing Diamond Skin? Against Corpus, Diamond Skin would be a solid choice anyhow if you want to run this kind of build.

Fusion moas deal fire damage, I get fire procs from those bastards all the time. And laser damage doesn't exist anymore, diamond skin is actually radiation resistance now.

I've been doing this same thing a lot, never liked hysteria in the first place and this is an awesome alternative that actually lets you use your melee weapon.

Fusion moas deal fire damage, I get fire procs from those bastards all the time. And laser damage doesn't exist anymore, diamond skin is actually radiation resistance now.

Whoops, that's what I meant, Radiation.

Does Life Strike even apply during Hysteria?

• Hysteria's attack damage, critical damage, and critical chance can also be modified by equipping certain mods.
    •  
    • Pressure PointSpoiled Strike, and Steel Charge provide additive bonuses to your melee weapon's base damage.
    •  
    • Elemental damage, status chance, speed, proc (BerserkerMelee Channel, etc.), charge damage/speed, range, faction damage, and physical damage (IPS) mods have no effect on Hysteria.
    •  
    • Hysteria acquires the critical damage of your melee weapon, affected by Organ Shatter.
    •  
    • The critical chance appears to be determined by adding the critical chance of your weapon, affected by True Steel, to a base 30%.

The second point under Tips and Tricks seem to imply it wouldn't.

Edit: Nevermind, missed the part about this being a Hysteria alternative ...

Edited by DaftMeat

Looks good, though personally I wouldn't use any of the reduction mods like Flame Repellant, knockdown I tend to utilize blocking to stop the knockdowns. Personally I have to agree that Hysteria is a bit subpar in comparison to Warcry + Rage/Lifestrike.

This is what I use:

25 seconds of double attack speed + armour:

nb67.jpg

I do something similar, but with Intensify instead of Continuity and then drop 3 ranks in Blind Rage, giving 50% efficiency without losing any damage and only a couple of seconds off WarCry. Although leaving full BR works too.

I'm debating ditching Stretch for Constitution or Paralysis tho, Warcry is almost never available for use as a snare, and buffing teammates is under appreciated. The extra duration or damage might be more valuable.

I can't see using Sure Footed, Flame Resist, or Quick Rest tho, just loose way too much attack speed/armor by not using BR or efficiency by not using +duration/FE mods.

Pretty sure a setup with ~1650 more armor is going to survive a lot better than one with knockdown and fire resist.

Edit: Knockdowns can be countered by blocking, or using shade/ghost can help a lot. My status setup on Sweeper generally is pretty good at protecting me while I'm knocked on my &#!.

Edited by Darzk

I ran Ceres survival with and without fire repellent and the difference is minimal. I always thought armor had no effect on elemental damage.

I just forma'd my Valky and I'm gonna mess around with the build some more.

I'm working on running this for my Valkyr given that with life steal and constant stream of Energy orbs in long runs I can keep max energy and health and just use my Hyseria when in deep trouble plus with a sword like a Dragon Nikana or Dual Heat swords or Dual ichors the attack speed becomes insane if couples with a Berserker mod.  But that's my way of working her and others have theirs.  might change Equil for Natural talent to quicken the casting tme of both the skills.