Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Lex Prime Be Pulling An Akbronco Prime On Us?

Rixnane

Yeah, so I remember getting Bronco Prime and potato-ing it, and then BLAM! AkBronco Primes a few days later(Did the same by potato-ing Rhino, and then Rhino Prime came out -.-). I know the Bronco Prime was out for a while, but a lot of people get prime weapons a little late, just cause they weren't interested in it before, or are just starting. I just got the Lex, and I was wondering if it's a good idea to potato and forma this bad boy. I don't wanna have to farm for Lex Prime again x2 if AkLex Prime comes out, or be forced to use the one I forma'd/potatoed for the Ak version.

If you're a fan of single weapons, the release of a dual weapon shouldn't be a matter.

In my opinion the dual'ing of pistols is and feels illogical in that recoil is lowered and reloading two guns takes less total time than reloading one.  Partly because of role-playing purposes, but also partly because of the feel itself, I've always been fine with a single pistol unless I know heads really need to roll, and even then there's your primary.

Edited by DalaiLlama

I forma'd my Lex Prime 6x already. Previously, I forma'd my Lex several times. I don't think I ever got around to forma on Akles, but I would have. I was not disappointed at any of those times and I will not be disappointed if Aklex Prime comes out. I will take that and Forma it too.

This is the 'good' power creep IMO. Small incremental and intentional increases in power, instead of wholely new weapons that blow away everything like Soma. Boltor Prime was too much IMO, but that was a numbers problem and not an implementation problem. A boltor upgrade doesn't bother me.

The only thing I'm worried about is that they'll do something funky like with Akbronco Prime and nerf the mag size or give it crazy recoil or terrible accuracy. I think single pistols should justify themselves in other ways, not have silly stats nonsense going on to make them 'different'.

I forma'd my Lex Prime 6x already. Previously, I forma'd my Lex several times. I don't think I ever got around to forma on Akles, but I would have. I was not disappointed at any of those times and I will not be disappointed if Aklex Prime comes out. I will take that and Forma it too.

This is the 'good' power creep IMO. Small incremental and intentional increases in power, instead of wholely new weapons that blow away everything like Soma. Boltor Prime was too much IMO, but that was a numbers problem and not an implementation problem. A boltor upgrade doesn't bother me.

The only thing I'm worried about is that they'll do something funky like with Akbronco Prime and nerf the mag size or give it crazy recoil or terrible accuracy. I think single pistols should justify themselves in other ways, not have silly stats nonsense going on to make them 'different'.

With that creep they need to start adjusting the MR requirements.

I wish DE at least released the ak version at, or near the same time the single version got released, so people can make the decision of whether or not to upgrade. Or make a sort of redeeming system for potato-ing and forma-ing your single version.

Hah look who I found in the posts! Sup there Rix, but yea man get the weapon lvl to 30 and wait a month for that aklex prime xD

Yeah, lol, I'm just gonna level it up to 30 then I'm gonna leave it alone for a while.

I wish DE at least released the ak version at, or near the same time the single version got released, so people can make the decision of whether or not to upgrade. Or make a sort of redeeming system for potato-ing and forma-ing your single version.

If we knew ahead of time if/when weapons would have direct upgrades or sidegrades released, no one would ever spend resources or time on their inferiors and the whole first six or so ranks of the game would be judged by everyone assuming no potato and no forma. Not to mention the money DE would lose.

I want what you want, but in the end it's probably not a good idea.

Edited by VKhaun

Probably. Hopefully there will be different attributes to Aklex Prime. Then I'll build an extra pair just for that.

I still have my regular Bronco Prime. Still a good weapon.

There's no reason to not potato and forma a weapon you don't like, unless it's a component weapon with clearly inferior stats like the nikana vs. dragon nikana.

Edited by sushidubya

I'll just keep my extra Lex Prime parts then. I was gonna sell the whole set, but I'mma keep em now xD

Just gotta get another Bp, then I'll have the whole set ready to be built in case.

Edited by Rixnane