The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow! The Dragon Nikana Is Really- ..weak?

Ryden

From what I understand, you're not using Crimson Dervish on your dakra prime. If this is true, everything you've said is invalid.

yes i do use crimson dervish. iron phoenix doesn't suit me. and it does head shot quite a few times. BTW can we see how you build your dakra prime?

No, you're correct. dakra prime scores head shots while nikana has a wider arc and can damage multiple enemies making it a good infested weapon. 

have you tried an elemental build for your Nikana? I mostly run with elementals and pressure point and in terms of high level game my dakra can only dream of matching my dragon nikana in terms of speed and damage.

uh, I just built it for the ranks soo... yeah.

can't really relate with you there, sorry

Not joking here, I'm hitting 4.8k non-critical hits on Grineer in Earth with a Dakra Prime, sitting at 384 slash dmg, using Crimson Dervish.

With my Dragon Nikana, using the same mods, clocking in at 578 slash dmg, I only hit 1-1.8k per strike on the same enemies in the same map.

I used channeled strikes on both tests. What I've come to understand is that Crimson Dervish increases the damage output of longswords by a substantial amount. I'm dealing more than twice the damage I do with Iron Pheonix, which hits for anywhere between 600-1200 slash per hit. The whopping 4k hits that are coming out of my Dakra Prime with Crimson Dervish really puts the Dragon Nikana to shame. So, what's left to be said for this Rank 8 "Master's Weapon"?

There's no way around it. Why is the Dakra Prime out-damaging this very demanding weapon? I don't see why Tranquil Cleave couldn't provide the damage boost that Crimson Dervish so generously boasts.

Well maybe the Dakra Prime is just better? You are implying that the dakra is some low tier weapon its not like this weapon's components drop like rain. In my opinion Prime > Clan tech.

While I'd love it to be buffed, I have honestly to say that dealing 50k damage is certainly cool but most of the time pointless, since you need like 3k to one shot an enemy, especially if you've approached him while blocking and reflecting the damage he was trying to deal to you.

Dragon Nikana is just cool, to me it's the coolest weapon in the game and it's strong enough to let me play with it 90% of the missions melee only.

I think the buff should come just because it's a mastery rank 8 weapon and I don't get why, but aside from that I think numbers are not that relevant cause it deals enough damage to have fun with it on high level missions.

So this Dragoon things,loose it damage deal somehow lost to mid air?
such like energy efficiency lost...

I thought it was confirmed that stances have hidden multipliers and crimson dirvish has a particularly strong one in comparison to Tranquil cleave

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/217252-buff-dragon-nikana-now-with-a-little-math-and-videos/

That visual screenshot damage and video though...
something broken?

85 dmg vs 60 dmg, but hit to kill those HeavyGunner is something....

Took me a long while but i did find a crimson dervish. Now, my conclusion: Dakra prime is very strong with crimson dervish, it adds 2x damge for inital 3 hits of every combo and yet, it is only on par with dragon nikana, yet dragon nikana being stronger.

Due to crit multiplier especially, not to forget status.

Edited by Cemges

Eh. It's still respectable.

I'm still fiddling with the D.Katana at the moment, but I can tell yah it's not the only weapon out there in need of a buff. If anything, it's probably one of the few in the back of the line.

I use it just fine. Then again; I'm playing a Stealthframe so.. Any melee weapon is fine in that regard.

Edited by Triburos

The Nikana / Dragon Nikana's edge is crowds; your swings catches all enemies in the arc, meaning you build your combo faster from hitting multiple enemies in a single swing. In a one on one situation, a longsword would have better performance since its role is to strike individual targets.

Which mod makes you shine like that? And has it any other benefits?

is that sarcasm? lol

well if not...i was using viral and heat (i was going for radiation, but the nikana in flames looks sick, thats why i colored my excalibur the same way lol)

plus pressure point+spoiled strike+Fury+Jagged edge+Smite grineer

Are you using tranquil cleave? That seems to have some sort of damage multiplier on it, just as you said Crimson Dervish does.

When i had the plain Nikana with no stance it was awful. I didn't start using the Dragon Nikana until after I got Tranquil Cleave and i was one shotting everything in Xini waves 1-10 with just the stance and pressure point on it(was unranked). If i'd had steel charge on it would have done even better.

Edited by Zaik_Torek

is that sarcasm? lol

well if not...i was using viral and heat (i was going for radiation, but the nikana in flames looks sick, thats why i colored my excalibur the same way lol)

is that sarcasm? lol

No it was not sarcasm, your frame is shining, not just the weapon!

I've never seen something like that so there must be a certain build to have all those lights on both frame and weapons!

BREAKING NEWS: Smoke-Black Min-maxing Tenno complains about his over-hyped sword not killing everything in one hit.

In other shocking news, The Nova OP Pls Nerf Union (NOPPNU) is now on strike, affecting absolutely nobody.

Prices on protein milkshakes are on the rise, affecting all Rhinos, who must now resort to drinking raw eggs for breakfast.

This is Alfax, with your daily news report. More at 11.

BREAKING NEWS: Smoke-Black Min-maxing Tenno complains about his over-hyped sword not killing everything in one hit.

In other shocking news, The Nova OP Pls Nerf Union (NOPPNU) is now on strike, affecting absolutely nobody.

Prices on protein milkshakes are on the rise, affecting all Rhinos, who must now resort to drinking raw eggs for breakfast.

This is Alfax, with your daily news report. More at 11.

you know i actually made a smoothie with raw eggs is this good set of protein i also added banana and milk