Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Reactor/catacylst Extrator Item On Market

ThanatosPrime

Hi everyone, its my 1º time on the forum so don't know if this is the right place to put in this suggestion. But here it goes.

I been thinking about the follow: reactors cant be taken out of warframes/sentinels, nor can catalysts be taken from weapons. If someone wants to get a reactor or catalyst, they can wait for an alert (that only comes from like 1 per month, with some luck, and its most catalysts I am not mistaken), or invasions (which I think they where removed from, for some time now), or pay 20 platinum and get then in the market.

All of these are valid means, but I thinking of another: make a expandable market item, that lets you take the reactors or catalysts from unwanted WF/weapons. This could be done in the following way: a reactor/catalyst could only be extracted only 1 time and the WF/weapon would be destroyed in the process. If the price of this item is 10 or 15 platinum it will still be a save. I would suggest being different items, a reactor extractor for 15 or 12 and a catalyst extractor for 10 or 8, because of the difference in price of WF/weapon slots.

On my case I got 2 warframes that I no longer play that I put reactors on then, and given the chances in melee weapons in 2.0, at least 1 melee weapon that I will no longer use (btw I love melee 2.0 just saying) and 2 ranged weapons what I aquired better versions (prime) of then. This is 2 wf and 3 weapons that are just taking space in my inventory.

If an extractor like the one I suggested existed I could a bit cheaper then buying more warframe and weapon slots and new reactors and catalysts for weapons and warframes I want to upgrade, could be all done in a cheaper and more efficient way.

Hope you find this idea interesting. I would like people to give their opinion on this idea, and tell me where I should properly direct this suggestion.

Perhaps if it didn't destroy the warframe/weapon but instead just reset the item to level 0.

Also I was under the impression that we get alerts after PC players and we have gotten quite a few reactors and few catalysts as of late, several from alerts and rare invasion instances.

Edited by (PS4)Runukingfutz

I feel like this could be considered "pay2win" too much, or people will start believing the game is starting to become P2W.

Any items that are not cosmetic in this game are always obtainable by some means in-game, and I like this route that DE has taken, but releasing an item like this that is Platinum-only would break that model.

Or simply learn to only put a potato in a weapon or warframe you intend to keep. Obviously everyone feels Buyer's Remorse for something they've done, but as with every other time this suggestion comes up, you live and learn.

Now that trading is also around, it's not so difficult to obtain 20 platinum via trading rare mods or prime parts. It's no longer an issue of cost, but effort in acquiring parts and prints in the void with which to barter.

Or simply learn to only put a potato in a weapon or warframe you intend to keep. Obviously everyone feels Buyer's Remorse for something they've done, but as with every other time this suggestion comes up, you live and learn.

Now that trading is also around, it's not so difficult to obtain 20 platinum via trading rare mods or prime parts. It's no longer an issue of cost, but effort in acquiring parts and prints in the void with which to barter.

Yeah I have to agree with you.

just let it drop from voids like a forma.

or better yet derelict missions. this item you get will be a blue print that takes 24 hours to build.

instead of destroy the item, it resets to 0, and you get a potato blue print back, not the actual item. that means you gotta build one again taking 12-24 hours.

so you gotta wait 48 hours to move your potato from 1 item to another. your item rank is reset as well. plus the blue prints take materials to build.

I like the idea.

I don't want to spoil the fun, but we all know that this is not going to happen. It would ruin the sales of the potatoes. Just keep playing, and don't waste a potato on every single new weapon that comes out and you'll be fine.

I use to support this idea, but after trading came out it's no longer needed. Simply get a Corrupt mod and sell it for 10-20 plat and you can basically get yourself another potato. Not to mention DE are basically throwing them out at us every live stream. Everything in life requires you to make a decision.

Decide on a weapon you really like and catalyst it. If another comes out and you don't have another catalyst get mod, prime parts and sell it for plat, otherwise buy plat or wait for an alert or till you get it in daily login.

Well on my case, its not a question of learning, I can give 2 examples: My 1º warframe that I put a reactor was Oberon, I loved him back then and even more after the reactor, but I found overtime as I acquired new warframes that he actually wasn't that good or fun (my opinion ofc). Another example is: one of favourite weapons was the galatine, and I love the charge and the effects, while the weapon not inst broken or inst bad or anything, just it no longer feels different from the rest, and since I got Hate, Dragon Nikara, Orthos Prime, I don't see my self using the galatine any more. 

This isnt the case of not having learned of researched, its the case of, things changed, at this moment there are only 2 options: keep the items in the inventory, or sell then. Since they got something as rare (The reactors and catalysts I got mine from invasions back then they dropped here), I don't feel like selling then, and will not use then any more, so they will just remain there taking inventory space. If I want more weapons or warframes i will be forced to buy more inventory space 1º and then buy reactors/catalysts on those I find are good to be upgraded.

Of course this all comes down to personal choice, there is no right or wrong, I only think of suggesting a 3º option.

Well really liked all your feedback :)

Edited by ThanatosPrime

For the subject of potatoes being quite sensible I was kinda thinking it would be one of these half assed idea but yours quite impress me. I think it's a nice alternative but as someone said it's a bit half half for rentability in the current warframe market still it's quite possible.

Now for several of previous answers

About Buyer's remorse that is what this idea fall into and actually it's not abnormal that's what make this idea possible in fact (still half half), but in short there is a lot of different players and a lot buy different things some really do what others would consider silly but they still do it.

About trade, first it's difficult to get plat with trade unless you reached a certain point in the game personnaly I didn't get much, because of 2 things : you need to find what to offer (if you get a good thing you must choose between selling and using) and you need to find the person who wants it (depend of regions and even for crowded regions there are sharks preying)

And people who get plat through trade usually take on the essentials meaning slots (though it depend of the amount traded)

Yeah, make Extractors. And price them at 20 platinum.

That would kinda defeat the point I was making that it would be cheaper.

But to be honest... that's not wouldn't be bad at all, prices would remain the same and we would have an alternative. Good point!

If they were 20 Platinum, that defeats the point of this extractor.

Why spend money to remove it and put it on something else when you can buy a new one for the same price, without destroying what is already potatoed? Unless it makes you feel that guilty about "wasting" the one you already used, it seems counterproductive to price it the same.

That would kinda defeat the point I was making that it would be cheaper.

But to be honest... that's not wouldn't be bad at all, prices would remain the same and we would have an alternative. Good point!

If they were 20 Platinum, that defeats the point of this extractor.

Why spend money to remove it and put it on something else when you can buy a new one for the same price, without destroying what is already potatoed? Unless it makes you feel that guilty about "wasting" the one you already used, it seems counterproductive to price it the same.

That's the point.

It's a joke.

Except that this is a game which includes straight upgrades of previous weapons. Decided to potato your Latron? Too bad, enjoy your obsolete junk.

That's the point.

It's a joke.

Couldn't tell if Thanatos was serious or not, lol. I considered it was a joke, of course.

I just personally want Reactor/Catalyst/Forma blueprints to be available on the market for like, 100-250K credits. Single use, obviously.  I would drop 250k if it would get me a forma blueprint.

I still think that would be too cheap for those things, but maybe not. My idea of credit-to-platinum conversions is accustomed to other games I play, I guess.

Edited by Aramet

Except that this is a game which includes straight upgrades of previous weapons. Decided to potato your Latron? Too bad, enjoy your obsolete junk.

Exactly the reason that made me make this suggestion.

I been thinking and I actually believe Gelkor suggestion is actually more valid, if blueprints for reactors, catalysts, forma existed even if they are brutally expensive credits wise, it would be a good alternative. Even if you need lots of rare resources and had to wait days for it to complete. I mean thats what we do now a days, 3 days + 12 hours for warframes, and 10 orokin cells and other stuff for prime weapons and even worse for clan weapons. Most people would still buy then out of the market not wanting to wait that long and grind for resources, and devs wouldn't lose one of their income.

make a expandable market item, that lets you take the reactors or catalysts from unwanted WF/weapons. This could be done in the following way: a reactor/catalyst could only be extracted only 1 time and the WF/weapon would be destroyed in the process. If the price of this item is 10 or 15 platinum it will still be a save. 

DE have zero incentives to do that. Not only will they lose plat sales from that instead of you buying a reactor/catalyst at 20p, They also lose sale on plats on mod slots sales due to people will more likely to delete weapons instead when they know they can recycle reactor/catalyst.

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221