Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dark Sector System Is Fine And Not Broken At All

ImperiusAiE

Eclipse just won on Sinai, defeating their opponents a scant five hours and twenty minutes after the rail was deployed. But how could this possibly be when every conflict before this has lasted the full 48 hours? The answer? The taxes you all seem to hate so much. They impose a meager 20% credit tax on all of their rails. How much does this skim off of your mission? A thousand credits? Two thousand? Dare I say, maybe even THREE thousand? With this meager, insignificant, hardly noticeable tax they can afford to pay up to 15,000 credits per run. A decently equipped Loki can pull off a rail sabotage in well under two minutes, maybe even a minute if they're good. I've made nearly a million credits these past two days fighting for Eclipse and nothing else. And how many credits have they taken from me in taxes? Probably about 20,000 in total, maybe 30,000. If that's the price I pay for a five hour conflict and hundreds of thousands of credits in my pocket, then tax away I say. These guys seem to have the right of it, and if this is what it means to live in a system where they have a monopoly on the rails, then I for one welcome our new Eclipse overlords.

/twocents

At the same time, if Eclipse, or any other alliance, gets to the point of owning all the rails, then that'd defeat the whole purpose of Dark Sectors imo, because if that happens, DE might as well remove the entire alliance mechanic and add a static tax to it. The system still has some kinks in it I think, but it's meant for conflict, and that aspect definitely isn't broken. Anyone complaining about conflict doesn't understand the point of the system.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

You will eat your words should Eclipse dominate the star chart.

It's not about eclipse. He means Dark Sectors are fine as are. It's just that the whole no-tax BS people would put on rails is what broke it. Eclipse added taxes to rails, which gave them ample credits. They can now offer high battle pay, shorting the time clans/alliances spend contesting a rail greatly. This is how the system was suppose to work, but peoples love for no taxes broke it.

Edited by Brinie

The system is fine as it is, if it were need tweaking, they can make it something like upkeep. The more dark sector you own, the more money you have to pay to upkeep, repair it, and the less money you get from it (think it's like corruption, so even when you charge 20% tax, you only receive 15%). Eventually Eclipse has to scale back or with the right number, upkeep cost would be too much.

It is broken

DE deployed a hotfix which changed a run to equal 10 old runs(Speeding up conflicts).

But it's not affecting the original rails.

So, one rail takes 75K runs, other takes 7.5K runs. That's a big difference.

(Note-This is a theory, but while there is evidence behind it, it could still be wrong. But I'm yet to see evidence against it, while there's quite a bit for it)

Edited by Warriorrogue

It's not about eclipse. He means Dark Sectors are fine as are. It's just that the whole no-tax BS people would put on rails is what broke it. Eclipse added taxes to rails, which gave them ample credits. They can now offer high battle pay, shorting the time clans/alliances spend contesting a rail greatly. This is how the system was suppose to work, but peoples love for free taxes broke it.

This, all of it. Eclipse were just the first to understand the benefits of the system rather than blindly crusade for tax free rails. It could have been anyone, Eclipse just got their first.

"This current system serves me very well.  I don't see why you're all complaining so much."

Yeah, pretty much. The system could serve you just as well if you have the mind to use it.

It is broken

DE deployed a hotfix which changed a run to equal 10 old runs(Speeding up conflicts).

But it's not affecting the original rails.

So, one rail takes 75K runs, other takes 7.5K runs. That's a big difference.

(Note-This is a theory, but while there is evidence behind it, it could still be wrong. But I'm yet to see evidence against it, while there's quite a bit for it)

With my little bit of object oriented programming knowledge, I'd say it makes sense if the value for a rail's health gets changed, it would affect newly created ones but not old ones. Of course it is fixable, but DE may have overlooked that.

Some people talked about the "bug" with the last hotfixes.

Defenders with 75.000 HP, Attackers with 7.500.

It's not hard to win in these conditions.

But yes. A lot, I mean, a f******* lot of players don't care about the alliances at all. They only read the battlepay.

Remember the Detron crisis ? All the map was Grineer. Greed.

With my little bit of object oriented programming knowledge, I'd say it makes sense if the value for a rail's health gets changed, it would affect newly created ones but not old ones. Of course it is fixable, but DE may have overlooked that.

Yeah.

That's what's being said, and it's very possible it's happened.

I mean, Our rail(Akkad)'s barely been damaged in the past few runs.

And it's why eclipse is standing so well. They can pay, and they have a massive advantage against newer clans.

This, all of it. Eclipse were just the first to understand the benefits of the system rather than blindly crusade for tax free rails. It could have been anyone, Eclipse just got their first.

They were also the alliance who gained the most in the initial land grab. And it's paying off.

They were also the alliance who gained the most in the initial land grab. And it's paying off.

It's paying off because they're paying us, nobody else pays like they do. Granted nobody CAN pay like they do, but that's mostly due to the initial idiocy of everyone crusading for tax free rails; they just couldn't compete when Eclipse came knocking because they weren't collecting. I assume at some point there will be a limit placed on how many rails one alliance can own to give the others a chance, though a few dozen more Dark Sectors couldn't hurt.

Well, one thing is certainly working as intended. They wanted politics, now they have them to the fullest of their consequences: there is yet another rift in the playerbase, and it all reeks of greedy milk so much I don't want to even think of the Dark Sectors now. Politics at its "finest".

Edited by Guest

It's paying off because they're paying us, nobody else pays like they do. Granted nobody CAN pay like they do, but that's mostly due to the initial idiocy of everyone crusading for tax free rails; they just couldn't compete when Eclipse came knocking because they weren't collecting. I assume at some point there will be a limit placed on how many rails one alliance can own to give the others a chance, though a few dozen more Dark Sectors couldn't hurt.

This.

People were ranting and raving about how the solar rails should be free and taxless and all that...Now it's biting them right in the &#!. I stated awhile back that these 0% taxed rails were doing the most damage to this system (and to the clans that wished them). And I was right.

Now we got a clan dominating almost every sector because they can afford to, because they used the system the way it was meant to be used. Other than a few tweaks here and there, this system is indeed not broken. The community with their "chivalry" broke it for themselves.

I just hate the fact that there's one alliance that has most control over the solar system.

Idk why it bothers me, but it does. and I always fight against them.

They own 8/26 of the Dark Sectors and you called that "most control" lol. That's barely even half, not even. Barely a third.

If they want to tax- that is perfectly fine.

Shortens conflict times, adds higher battle pays when conflicts do happen, and besides; I don't give a damn about E-Peen Rails. If the big kids want to fight over a space on the refrigerator, that's none of my business.

I want the defenders to just finish their sword playing competition as soon as possible so I can enjoy the Dark Sectors.

And hey; if Eclipse does dominate the Solar Chart for long enough, maybe clans will just give up and leave Dark Sectors uncontested somedays!

...I wish. Humanity is stupid when dealing with a large group.

Edited by Triburos

Eclipse just won on Sinai, defeating their opponents a scant five hours and twenty minutes after the rail was deployed. But how could this possibly be when every conflict before this has lasted the full 48 hours? The answer? The taxes you all seem to hate so much. They impose a meager 20% credit tax on all of their rails. How much does this skim off of your mission? A thousand credits? Two thousand? Dare I say, maybe even THREE thousand? With this meager, insignificant, hardly noticeable tax they can afford to pay up to 15,000 credits per run. A decently equipped Loki can pull off a rail sabotage in well under two minutes, maybe even a minute if they're good. I've made nearly a million credits these past two days fighting for Eclipse and nothing else. And how many credits have they taken from me in taxes? Probably about 20,000 in total, maybe 30,000. If that's the price I pay for a five hour conflict and hundreds of thousands of credits in my pocket, then tax away I say. These guys seem to have the right of it, and if this is what it means to live in a system where they have a monopoly on the rails, then I for one welcome our new Eclipse overlords.

/twocents

Except the conflict missions aren't fun to do. 

I don't like the Idea of one big Alliance owning the system...

...but hell, Eclipse got it right, if we want a reason to do the conflict mission we NEED Taxes to offer awesome Payment.

i look how it stands, while i might help eclipse i few times, i make sure i don't help them everytime theres a contest, everyone should get a chance to contest i say.

still, no taxes, no battle pay, but LOOOONG wait till conflict ends.