The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Trying To Get At Least Some Help On This Matter Again. (Video Showing The Issue At First Hand)

Detvix

I've seen it prior. 

Also seen posts in the forums. Just nothing about the random 'host migrations' before. 

Any chance you can... Like, save our progress if that happens? Sure would be awesome if we didn't lose everything with one host migration!

THIS. The amount of host migrations which destroy the entire game for the other players who don't want to leave is very silly.

I come back for a little global feedback "all issues related".

It's almost 1 month i had an opened ticked with support about my launcher crashing as soon as i enable dx11.

It appears that the launcher and the "verify" option are unable to repair files, and the game files can be corrupted through any possible issue (even if i suspect patching issues, as containers files are updated through the patching process. crc errors are easy to get here without any reinforced verify process).

I finally decided to fully reinstall the game, and my issue is gone now.

I suggest anyone having any recurent unsolved issue to take time to reinstall the game.

Consider deleting \AppData\Local\Warframe folder after game uninstallation, delete wf install folder as it may still contain files.

I come back for a little global feedback "all issues related".

It's almost 1 month i had an opened ticked with support about my launcher crashing as soon as i enable dx11.

It appears that the launcher and the "verify" option are unable to repair files, and the game files can be corrupted through any possible issue (even if i suspect patching issues, as containers files are updated through the patching process. crc errors are easy to get here without any reinforced verify process).

I finally decided to fully reinstall the game, and my issue is gone now.

I suggest anyone having any recurent unsolved issue to take time to reinstall the game.

Consider deleting \AppData\Local\Warframe folder after game uninstallation, delete wf install folder as it may still contain files.

The launcher has a verify option that checks the MD5 hash of all assets - did you try this?

And if there's any more off-topic rambling about unrelated issues I'm going to stop reading this thread.

The launcher has a verify option that checks the MD5 hash of all assets - did you try this?

And if there's any more off-topic rambling about unrelated issues I'm going to stop reading this thread.

Yes i did. I finally did the last thing suggested by the support: reinstall.

And if you're talking about me with "unrelated issues", i try to give not a solution but a possible fix. As it worked for me. It may work for this issue as well.

Sorry if this is considered offtopic. Wanted to help :)

this is what im thinkin'

my fps drops when it reaches to the point that memory needs to free up (i think warframe has this feature, im not really a tech guy so im just assuming)

and fps goes back to nominal again when it successfully freed memory. 

sometimes it fails to free memory and thats the part where i crash,

win7,nvidia are all updated, tested multithread on/off, all low settings(before i dont crash even when all high but now its too frequent if its high textures). im using 4gb corsair, and borrowed a 4gb sandisk ram from my friend just to test but its the same,

i couldnt really ruleout which is the problem since assassinscreed blackflag,cod,skyrim,titanfall never crashes for me

happening for me since u11 and was crash free when u12 came

then this u13 came and crashing goes back again.

ceres got alot of fps spikes moreso on that big tile where theres water around, the fps drop occurs when facing that big tileset,

now i couldn't file a single crash engine WAR ticket since the crash im having is warframe freezes and thats it, had to turn it off on taskmanager.

fps drops also noticeable depending on the players thatd' joined when im hosting. wish i could play again. heh, i'll get back on this thread if the crashing goes away, after i reinstall -thats my last resort

EDIT: not related to crashing but imperator syandana sometimes gets stuck on doors, then it stretchs so long and stuttering will occur

Edited by Ritchel

One thing that i noticed that is likely the culprit may be the model complexity, the further away you are from certain objects (decoration in dojo, crates and other models) the less complex the model becomes, the closer you get to it, the better it becomes.

This distance can be changed in the options and the game will change the model instantly, you can even see the change happen in real time, sort of bad crate, good crate thing. (walk back and forth)

I have the feeling that the change in the models are the reason to why the game fps are so inconsistent, there is possibly so many models that change at the same time, that while it may make the game run better, the simple fact of having it to process the change might actually hurt performance.

Maybe this change has such a high priority that when it does it massively like on a earth survival level, the fps drops.

You guys might want to investigate the model change thingy. It's a nice idea and maybe there is nothing wrong with it, i'm not an expert so you guys have to figure it out.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

I've seen it prior. 

Not in that amount - run into the same problems - various missions. Before U13 i had problems more related to lag.

Sudden crashes are the interesting ones - it´s more like the engine tries to access an address in memory that is simply not there

and can´t fall back -> crash to desktop.

Was fooling around with multi-threaded rendering and disabled it.

Run now disabled for the most part and get not so much crashing anymore, if i crash - i switch it back on and run the mission again - voila don´t crash.

Great ! that´s the solution - no. Still running the same mission 3 times - crash - out of the blue.

Have something like this on the UDK when shader density gets abnormal - only i "feel" it a few frames earlier. So i tend to dismiss this.

One question - how do you optimize your levels ? What did you change exactly from U12 to U13 on the engine ?

Oh, something i noticed - running in low geo - when the culled map part gets "in sight" - doors stay closed or open only half... not from lag ! Tried medium and doors work normal again. ( works with lag of course too - ahm, you know - smile )

Fooled with textures but no effect.

New is now - freezing ... hello - what is that ?

Regards

Edited by ioeshepard

I haven't read through all 3 pages which is quite lazy, but it just occurred to me that some peoples CPU's may be overheating.  This can be cause by bad fan seating, old thermal paste, and not having a powerful enough fan/cooler.  I suggest several players experiencing this issue download "CPU ID HWMonitor" or a similar program and mention if it appears there CPU's are getting too hot.  

Overheating CPU's can cause freezes and dramatic fps drops, and investigating this issue now could save you a lot of $$ in the long run.  

Good Luck.