Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You, For All This:

Khunvyel

I'm serious with this topic. I've not been around since closed beta, but there was something about Warframe that grew heavily on me. A mix of Nostalgia from other games I played, including a Developer which continued to impress me and not let me down. My list of developers which didn't make me feel betrayed or didn't crap on their playerbase has grown thin. Only 2 remain, and Digital Extremes is one of them.

This game is amazing on many fronts, but some things really stand out compared to many other F2P games and their companies, even regular purchasable games with subscription fees:

• It is alt-friendly. Weapons are not "soulbound" , all your gear is account wide. Got a new Warframe? Here, have TONS of stuff for it!
  • Mods are not welded to your items and you can freely exchange them. This is far from a given. Other games build their entire economy around breakable upgrades.
  • Weapons are not restricted to classes (read: Warframes). Everyone can use everything. Some games require you to level up a new class to even use a weapon.
  • There is no Warframe level requirement to use weapons, only an "account level" which is very casual to reach.
  • Everything (Founders stuff excluded) is available through ingame effort. There is no pay2win, only pay4convenience.
  • Despite Warframes and Weapons being greatly detailed, DE allowed us to customize and colour them instead of saying "No we want it to look THAT way, and not your hot pink, go to hell!" They even pondered themselves to release Warframe animation sets, and have your Rhino do the sexy Ember stretch
  • Revives are per Frame and not per account and replenish each day for free. Considering we are not restricted by time gates of how many times we are allowed to play a mission, this is worth gold.

And now let me continue with the rest. If you have your own "thank you" list? Go drop it here :)

More often than not people take the good things for granted and only complain about the bad things. Let them hear our thanks!

I've kept track of the changes I felt are worth noting, and it serves as to how they improved on stuff. And this list is by no means exhaustive, as you certainly all will prove when adding your own stuff!

Thank you , for...

... fixing Moa AI to continue working after being knocked down
... fixing Seer to use selected energy colour instead of always being blue.
... making enemies in exterminate missions and invasions spawn at front / upcoming tiles
... making nightmare missions optional and allowing us to do the regular mission instead.
... fixing Jackal drops disappearing through the floor.
... fixing Vor to drop things again. Greedy bastard!
... making capture targets heads vulnerable again instead of overly resistant.
... giving 25K credits for new players after defeating Vor.
... making wall attack gain momentum and not stop dead and THANK YOU for allowing vertical aim of Wall attack.
... increasing size of Carrier's vacuum in relation to the ranks.
... adding a "Full Health Restore" item and made it conveniently available from plants on Earth.
... the Option-UI animation speedup. Many seconds worth of lifetime saved. More of that elsewhere please!
... always surprising me with a new room every now and then I've never seen before on maps which I haven't visited for a while.
... changing the screenshot format to jpg! Lot less space wasted this way.
... thinking about "Block" to not work against attacks from behind. Such is often overlooked.
... Reflection Mod actually returning the original, unprocessed damage and not the one mitigated by the Warframe's Armor
... adding more sorting options to the inventory tab and the market
... returning sorting options of weapons in the Codex.
... majorly increasing Affinity bonus reward from secondary objective.
... allowing the bonus objective prompt to stay up longer and be more visible (now while you are at it, you can start adding it below the minimap so we can always see what it is :D )
... making affinity orbs applying experience to weapons too, not only the Warframe.
... fixing the groundslam-knockdown loop where enemy AI always refreshed their next knockdown cycle, never to fully recover again.
... a mission UI which allows us to see hitpoints underneath enemy shields, and the relation to shield vs health.

... finally letting us see our Sentinel stats
... adding more and more snippets of music for dioramas and all that good stuff.
... making fans&grates being properly destructible again to slice through in style with your melee weapon! Nasty little Grate Primes!
... removing the complete immunity against status procs when blocking. That was way overtuned!
... fixing various Lotus subtitles missing over time since you went live with Lotus Voice 2.0
... making all mods which are installed in the mod list automatically coloured to stand out better, instead of only highlighting them on mouse-over.
... adding hover-info for extractors on the starmap so we see how they fare without needing to click the mission node
... buffing Defense mission target hitpoints.
... new pickup sounds.
... Sentinel buff. Or grenade nerf. Any of which. Earlier on, my sentinel was usually killed by one meager grenade an even low levels, despite all the survivability mods installed.
... fixing the reload circle running when having the scanner equipped and accidently pressing said button.
... the option of disabling Hud completely in 12.1.0 - machinimas, here we come!
... an unforgettable experience set by the flickering lights when Stalker / Harvester / G3 show up, and the huge delay as of when they finally strike down. Whenever there is some Grineer tileset which has flickering lights built in, "that feeling" creeps up.
... fixing Grineer shoulders being impossible to hit.
... adding infested screeches - no more stealth approaches of them!
... letting our Warframe sit in proper resting state at the background of the solar system, with no primary on the lap
... fixing extra-fast survival oxygen decay rate as you deployed the new Mission UI along U12
... being quick on the move by making the new minimap less of a pain in the butt with all the extra-large icons - there still can be work done there though, but you know, it is a start :D
... returning mod card backgrounds when picking them up, which where missing when the new UI in U12 hit live.
... Lotus voice 2.0 and Lotus Portrait 2.0 and the animated portraits in general. It really made a huge difference. I reckon Lotus 2.5 & bosses would be proper lip animations :)
... getting rid of the borderline flickering frequency of mod cards when selecting the "fusion" option in U12. (still could be toned down a bit but thanks for reacting at least!)
... making infested invasions on earth finally use the earth tileset
... reacting fast and getting rid of broken lights by replacing them with something better, by comparison. Could still use some work, but thank you for redesigning this so quickly
... adding a symbol for Dojo Reactor doors. Plus, for all the other rooms I've forgotten to list which haven't had a symbol before!
... making ground finishers with heavy weapons not a suicidal move for the player but a swiftly delivered blow to the enemy on the ground
... letting capture target pointers show up instantly on the minimap after mission start with U13, instead of delaying that up to 15 seconds.
... giving the capture mission type actually more meaning with increased number of targets which actually fight back!
... allowing us to arm the hostage and for level scaling of said hostage!
... adding headshot statistic to melee weapons.
... fixing all Hostages being called "Darvo". If that was a Grineer, I wouldn't wonder though. Cloning and all!
... Showing the actual arsenal again when clicking it if you have selected a mission diorama first, instead of always showing the diorama
... improving Cryopod with a visible damage model and corresponding "breaking" sounds

And last but not least;
   Infested Chargers in prison cells on rescue missions is the best thing ever!

A good list.

DE are a good company. They get alot of flack but compare them to any other mmo developers in this day and age. They aren't perfect but they aren't incompetent. Far from it in fact. It's what keeps me coming back. It's rare to actually have faith in developers now, with so many studios changing their policies or ruining their own franchises (Capcom comes to mind).

This.  So much this.  It's funny to me that, there are a lot of games I will buy, there are also very many games I will not buy.

For providing all of this, for free, is WHY I bought founders.  Every new update brings more stability, and more content (seriously, remember when there was only ONE tileset?)

Warframe is DE's dream, and they've elected to share it with us, and for that I'm grateful. 

Edited by Gelkor

Everything (Founders stuff excluded) is available through ingame effort. There is no pay2win, only pay4convenience.

Have to disagree with this. No matter how much effort and time I put into the game, I will not get a catalyst or reactor unless the something decides to put up such an alert or someone else buys platinum and trades it with me. No matter how much effort I put into the game, I need someone or something else to actually get the power for high end stuff.

And wow, that is a massive progressionwall right there.

Have to disagree with this. No matter how much effort and time I put into the game, I will not get a catalyst or reactor unless the something decides to put up such an alert or someone else buys platinum and trades it with me. No matter how much effort I put into the game, I need someone or something else to actually get the power for high end stuff.

They go up every 2 weeks following the devstream.

If you want it sooner you can trade up your mods and parts for plat and throw 20 plat at a potato in the market.

Not much of a progression wall.

Edit: Oh yeah, consider me +1 toward agreeing with the OP.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

They go up every 2 weeks following the devstream.

If you want it sooner you can trade up your mods and parts for plat and throw 20 plat at a potato in the market.

Not much of a progression wall.

That platinum doesn't come out of the ether. Someone else just bought it for you in exchange for something else. If everyone would stop buying stuff from other players for platinum you would have no way to farm for an reactor or catalyst. You must pay or wait. No effort would change that.

But they haven't fixed...

... Certain units (mostly Grineer) that deal disproportionately high damage.

... All of the doors opening on Corpus tilesets after a lockdown is lifted.

... That weird, useless lunge attack Chargers do.

... Falling out of the map (what's sad is that this is stupid easy to fix).

... Ash's Bladestorm preventing certain melee components from working properly.

... Extraction cutscene skipping unreliably (can only be skipped after the frame has "locked" into the ship).

... The player dieing/going down when their health reaches 1. Should be 0.

... Mods like Redirection, Vitality, and Flow increase the actual value, not the lowest base (unranked) or max base (level 30) value.

... The defense objective perpetually flashing red even when it fully recovers.

... Autorolling.

... and many other bugs that have existed over the last year.

@Boatsniper;

I know, they have not fixed everything yet. But this topic is not about them not FIXING a lot. This is about the appreciation for the things they HAVE fixed AND added. My dear me, some people...

DE sure has fixed a lot. But you forgot to mention how they added Prime parts to be traded.

I didn't, because this is a very controversial topic, and I'm personally on the fence on it if this was a good change or not. There are enough other things they did for which I can throw praise at them, as you can see :)

My bad, I've meant "Warframes and weapons" with this statement, but despite that, this still holds true for Superchargers. Others already mentioned that Superchargers are live every two weeks for 24 hours, and there are regular alerts for them, including invasion rewards. The fact you do not always have the time to be there (and neither do I) doesn't lessen the weight of them capable to be obtained ingame. Also, with all that stuff they give us for free, there has to be money coming from somewhere. And those 20 plat aren't really that big of an issue if you REALLY want to supsercharge your gear now. Spoiler gives my own personal opinion on this.

However, I am one of the weird people who think Superchargers are not mandatory to continue, because there are always Forma, and with those you can also increase the effective capacity of your items.

I actually, DELIBERATELY do not supercharge or Forma a lot of my gear, simply because then it will become too easy after a while, and I know then the game will become less interesting for me. There is not yet endgame that interests me plenty enough to go and saddle up, and not pushing myself to minmax everything (I did that so many times in so many games already...) gives me less the feeling of a superman bullrushing through hordes of enemies, but more of a true lone operative special force person who needs to tread lightly at times.

But I don't want this to become a discussion topic :( tried to keep it clean.

MOAR THANKSIES PLOX :3

Edited by Khunvyel

That platinum doesn't come out of the ether. Someone else just bought it for you in exchange for something else. If everyone would stop buying stuff from other players for platinum you would have no way to farm for an reactor or catalyst. You must pay or wait. No effort would change that.

Now if only we could get potatos and slots for unlocking certain Mastery Ranks.. that's what I want to see in place eventually..

Now if only we could get potatos and slots for unlocking certain Mastery Ranks.. that's what I want to see in place eventually..

Pretty much what my idea was a while back - to be awarded one free Warframe slot and one free weapon slot per mastery rank. It would not only help to incentive players to pursue higher mastery ranks, but would also ease the pain of having to sell your new favorite weapon in order to progress just because you're out of space. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Yep nice one OP,this is actually my first online game that able to trading in game cash...

Other games dev should learn from Warframe and bow down to Lotus and her army of Tenno

funny how we still have no idea what Lotus is... are we supposed to bow to her? Or just sit there on our knees watching her?