Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh Boy, Prosecutors Are Those Epic, Powerful And Dangerous Melee Units!

Aure7

Not quite....

Lotus is worried so much about us, warns us when they are going to come, call fighting with them "though".

- They (and any other melee unit) manage to miss attacks when I am standing directly in front of them.

- They have the generic melee unit AI, which involves running straight up to us and hitting us with OH BOY THOSE

AMPIS STAFFS from which my loki barely feels anything on his minuscule 300 shields.

- Now listen carefuly on this one: my decoy managed to get a knockback proc on this poor guy. He was staggered by a freaking hologram pretending to shoot bullets...

- Even though I had hard time killing grineer on ceres with my dark sword, these guys were dead after a single weak hit from it (element matched). Where's so called  "prepared and trained melee fighters which you can duel after melee 2.0 comes out" 

This was me running solo and later nightmare. The most fun was when I had to avoid powerful bombard attacks and stab them with melee.

Running with a squad consisting of beacon hungry golden rhinos with blazing somas means these elite new melee enemies  will be wiped in seconds, even though they had so much hype before U13.

Edited by Aure7

When I found out about the existence of these units, I expected them to behave like the Magnaguards from Star Wars: Republic Commando.

For those who haven't played that game, basically, the Magnaguards would jump and fly around, dodging attacks, had a ton of health, and could easily kill you in a few hits. I expected that kind of difficulty at the release of the Grineer Prosecutors.

Instead though, we just got a normal melee unit (save for the elemental resistances.)

They are a bit weak in the damage output, and they tend to be somewhat ridiculous in the defense if you don't have their element.

So.... Balance Time!

-Increase their accuracy and damage by perhaps 25%. (they do far too less damage)

-Decrease their defense against wrong element by about 25% (it takes ridiculous amounts of fire from light rapid fire weapons to kill one)

-Decrease the amount of damage they take from the proper element by about 25% (proper element weapons should not be killing them as simply as they would a butcher)

Sounds like a good balance tweak to me.

Running with a squad consisting of beacon hungry golden rhinos

I sorry, those Rhinos and their METUL BAWKSES get me so rustled...

EDIT: can't get the video to work...

EDIT2: nevermind.

Edited by Actriaz

Guardsmen should remain as they are.

Prosecutors should move much faster, attack much faster, have a small chance to stun, hit harder, and be more prone to blocking projectiles. That would make them a feared opponent as Lotus considers them to be.

On the downside, anybody with Nyx can just mind control them and watch them as they decimate their own allies.

When I found out about the existence of these units, I expected them to behave like the Magnaguards from Star Wars: Republic Commando.

For those who haven't played that game, basically, the Magnaguards would jump and fly around, dodging attacks, had a ton of health, and could easily kill you in a few hits. I expected that kind of difficulty at the release of the Grineer Prosecutors.

Instead though, we just got a normal melee unit (save for the elemental resistances.)

Guardsmen should remain as they are.

Prosecutors should move much faster, attack much faster, have a small chance to stun, hit harder, and be more prone to blocking projectiles. That would make them a feared opponent as Lotus considers them to be.

On the downside, anybody with Nyx can just mind control them and watch them as they decimate their own allies.

That's what I expect from prosecutors as well. And nyx mind controlling them is fine for me.