Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Calm Before The Storm [Invite-Only Rp]

MetroFallout

It's been 3 days since the mission on Don Quixote was completed with minimal casualties. The dead Tenno killed by Syluvi have since been cremated. The Shark and the Void Diver Rail were still docked together during that time in a Tenno-controlled region of space, still exchanging ideas on a battle plan for the mission to secure the late Alad V's resources. During that downtime, Lia, the leader of the Void Divers, had distributed the thruster packs that she has in her possession. This is what happened during that period.

List of people currently allowed to post in here:

Myself

SnaleKing

Drakeardian

Sumika1204

Lady_Viper

Zeus154

Spikey844

Astralin

If you wish to be invited into this RP, post in the OOC discussion thread for Life in a Dead System's continuity.

Edited by MetroFallout

((Cleaned up.))

((Thanks!)

"To be honest, I'm expecting some sort nasty surprise waiting for all of us." Said Lia, rubbing the side of her head. "Before we start, I should probably show you what I had my engineers work on." She led him to the Rail's research facility. "After our altercation at the Dojo, I had drawn up designs on how to beat you. When my Solar Rail-Dojo hybrid finished completion, I was able to build and research my designs." She said, pressing a button on a console. A wall to the side opened up, revealling a wall of strange backpack-like items with dangling wires. "Of course, I'm not that technologically inclined as to design it without help, I had assistance from a mutual friend."

"Looking back... it seems a bit overkill for it's intended purpose of taking you in back when I was still hunting for you." She said, patting one of the backpacks. "It's basically a weaponised thruster pack, redirects thrust through the palms and feet. It's original intended purpose was for zero-g fighting in hard vacuum. I've repurposed the original Corpus design to meet our own purposes."

Smiling at Galus, she put one set of the thruster packs on, strapping the palm thruster gauntlets on while stepping into the thruster boots. "It runs off of the Orokin cell that our Frames have so it'd have plenty of juice to fly with." she said, activating the thrusters and hovering in the air. "Perfect for mobility I'd say." She did a few loops in the air to show off the agility.

"I haven't really practiced before so don't be surprised if-" she said before she lost control and hit the wall before falling face flat on the ground, the fall knocking the wind out of her. Coughing, she looked up at Galus, blushing in embarrassment after failing to show off to him.

Edited by MetroFallout

((Thanks!)

"I haven't really practiced before so don't be surprised if-" she said before she lost control and hit the wall before falling face flat on the ground, the fall knocking the wind out of her. Coughing, she looked up at Galus, blushing in embarrassment after failing to show off to him.

Galus startled slightly at her sudden takeoff, and was immediately at her side when she unceremoniously hit the floor.

"You alright?" Galus asked, a bit more concerned than was necessary, as he helped Lia to her feet. "It seems they aren't as easy as they look," he remarked with a hint of amusement in his voice.

Galus startled slightly at her sudden takeoff, and was immediately at her side when she unceremoniously hit the floor.

"You alright?" Galus asked, a bit more concerned than was necessary, as he helped Lia to her feet. "It seems they aren't as easy as they look," he remarked with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"I'm fine, nothing except my ego's hurt." She said, smiling sheepishly. "This is why we'd need practice if we're gonna use them either in a fight or in flight."

"I'm fine, nothing except my ego's hurt." She said, smiling sheepishly. "This is why we'd need practice if we're gonna use them either in a fight or in flight."

"Laetus sum. Well, we'll have plenty of time to practice. Ida's orbit has taken it pretty far from us, and I don't think it's that much better for the Shark going to Jupiter. Speaking of, we should get your team and undock from the shark sooner than later."

Amidst the many cryo-pods that were safely stored within the Shark's quarters one labeled "Project: Toxius" began to initiate the thawing process. Inside the fog that hid it's occupant began to thin out as the process started. With a loud hiss as the cryo-pod began venting and pressurizing the super-cooled air from inside.

The occupant's eyes snapped open and their limbs shot forward punching into the reinforced Orikin glass in an attempt to break free from the prison, an attempt that was very successful. The pod's lid burst open letting out a large amount of cooled air causing a sort of mist to fill the nearby area.

The Zephyr was more aware than the first time she had been awoken rolling off the cryo-pod, ripping the wires and cords from her being. Her insides felt like they were on fire as her helmet split near the mouth she gasped at the cold air only to cough out a sickly green mist that quickly dissipated. Gradually the fire inside her lungs became numb standing and looking into the pod for her gear she found none. Looking around her there were many other pods, 'Am I still in that horrid facility' she thought, kneeling behind another pod in case anyone were to venture near, she peeked over the pod she hid behind as the mist from the cooled air subsided eyes scanning the room like a hawk.

"Laetus sum. Well, we'll have plenty of time to practice. Ida's orbit has taken it pretty far from us, and I don't think it's that much better for the Shark going to Jupiter. Speaking of, we should get your team and undock from the shark sooner than later."

"It's fine, let the crew of both ships enjoy a bit of shore leave, undocking can be done within an hour anyway." Said Lia. "We've all been under pressure lately,it's time we relaxed. It's good for morale."

Galus should find a message coming in from Alia who was doing more work on her proxy aboard the Shark and thus was too busy to come over in person. She wanted to get it just right so she could send it to Jupiter in her stead and remote control it from the Shark using her datapad. That way, chances of her getting shot at or otherwise being in harm's way would be minimized.

Regarding the message, it was a request by Alia to run diagnostics on Galus before the Void Divers' Solar Rail separated from the Shark. It was just a precaution to be absolutely sure that Galus was in good condition before he got too far away.

Amidst the many cryo-pods that were safely stored within the Shark's quarters one labeled "Project: Toxius" began to initiate the thawing process. Inside the fog that hid it's occupant began to thin out as the process started. With a loud hiss as the cryo-pod began venting and pressurizing the super-cooled air from inside.

The occupant's eyes snapped open and their limbs shot forward punching into the reinforced Orikin glass in an attempt to break free from the prison, an attempt that was very successful. The pod's lid burst open letting out a large amount of cooled air causing a sort of mist to fill the nearby area.

The Zephyr was more aware than the first time she had been awoken rolling off the cryo-pod, ripping the wires and cords from her being. Her insides felt like they were on fire as her helmet split near the mouth she gasped at the cold air only to cough out a sickly green mist that quickly dissipated. Gradually the fire inside her lungs became numb standing and looking into the pod for her gear she found none. Looking around her there were many other pods, 'Am I still in that horrid facility' she thought, kneeling behind another pod in case anyone were to venture near, she peeked over the pod she hid behind as the mist from the cooled air subsided eyes scanning the room like a hawk.

Syluvi was slinking about the halls, cloaked as usual, when her fine-tuned sensors alerted her to the presence a cryopod releasing its occupant, like a helpless infant crawling out of an egg. She immediately teleported to the disturbance, cautiously keeping her cloak up. While scanning the strange Tenno, she silently pinged Alia her location, tagging it as a high priority.

Galus should find a message coming in from Alia who was doing more work on her proxy aboard the Shark and thus was too busy to come over in person. She wanted to get it just right so she could send it to Jupiter in her stead and remote control it from the Shark using her datapad. That way, chances of her getting shot at or otherwise being in harm's way would be minimized.

Regarding the message, it was a request by Alia to run diagnostics on Galus before the Void Divers' Solar Rail separated from the Shark. It was just a precaution to be absolutely sure that Galus was in good condition before he got too far away.

Galus brought up the message on his helmet's HUD, allowing himself an exasperated sigh as he turned to Lia. "Alia needs to run diagnostics on me before we head out. I suppose it's for the best, just- I don't know. It's the one thing-" he glanced at Lia's slender form, and changed his phrasing. "One of the things I miss about being organic, being able to self-repair." 

Syluvi was slinking about the halls, cloaked as usual, when her fine-tuned sensors alerted her to the presence a cryopod releasing its occupant, like a helpless infant crawling out of an egg. She immediately teleported to the disturbance, cautiously keeping her cloak up. While scanning the strange Tenno, she silently pinged Alia her location, tagging it as a high priority.

Alia paused her work as she received the high priority ping from Syluvi. She set down her tools before running off to the location of the ping, Absalon following her as he caught sight of her in the hallways and got curious as to what she was in such a hurry over. In fact, it was one of the few times Absalon had actually seen Alia run. Usually, she just walked if even a bit hurriedly at times but he never really saw her run. Then again, she had never gotten a high priority ping aboard the vessel she was on before.

When she arrived at the storage area, she asked, "Syluvi? What's going on?" Then she saw the open Cryopod and the Zephyr that had exited it. Well the top of the Zehpyr's helmet, anyway since she was kneeling behind the cryopod. "Oh, hello there. What might your name be?"

Alia paused her work as she received the high priority ping from Syluvi. She set down her tools before running off to the location of the ping, Absalon following her as he caught sight of her in the hallways and got curious as to what she was in such a hurry over. In fact, it was one of the few times Absalon had actually seen Alia run. Usually, she just walked if even a bit hurriedly at times but he never really saw her run. Then again, she had never gotten a high priority ping aboard the vessel she was on before.

When she arrived at the storage area, she asked, "Syluvi? What's going on?" Then she saw the open Cryopod and the Zephyr that had exited it. Well the top of the Zehpyr's helmet, anyway since she was kneeling behind the cryopod. "Oh, hello there. What might your name be?"

The Zephryn's eyes widened as she turned and peeked over the cryopod just enough to see the corpus woman standing there, 'perhaps she was here to take her back to that demented man.' the woman didn't look armed and neither was the Zephryn she stood slowly the mouth section of her helmet still parted the green mist slowly rolling downward from the slight gape, "I don't remember." she spoke with a flat tone determined not to show that she was scared nor enraged.

Edited by Astralin

Galus brought up the message on his helmet's HUD, allowing himself an exasperated sigh as he turned to Lia. "Alia needs to run diagnostics on me before we head out. I suppose it's for the best, just- I don't know. It's the one thing-" he glanced at Lia's slender form, and changed his phrasing. "One of the things I miss about being organic, being able to self-repair."

"It's fine, I'll come with you. I'd need your data for my Techies." Said Lia.

The Zephryn's eyes widened as she turned and peeked over the cryopod just enough to see the corpus woman standing there, 'perhaps she was here to take her back to that demented man.' the woman didn't look armed and neither was the Zephryn she stood slowly the mouth section of her helmet still parted the green mist slowly rolling downward from the slight gape, "I don't remember." she spoke with a flat tone determined not to show that she was scared nor enraged.

"I think that might be the amnesia I heard most Tenno experience when they awaken. Maybe you'll remember as time goes on? For now, however, I'm sure Leo and the rest will want to meet you."

"I think that might be the amnesia I heard most Tenno experience when they awaken. Maybe you'll remember as time goes on? For now, however, I'm sure Leo and the rest will want to meet you."

Zephryn moved slowly around the cryopod her head tilting slightly, "Leo?" she just had to get close to this woman and if she was hostile she would act, but the phrase 'the rest' echoed in her mind. "Who are the rest?"

Zephryn moved slowly around the cryopod her head tilting slightly, "Leo?" she just had to get close to this woman and if she was hostile she would act, but the phrase 'the rest' echoed in her mind. "Who are the rest?"

"Leo is the captain of the Shark and by 'the rest', I mean the rest of the crew like Ana, King, Kylie, Eve, Cross and many more. They're a rather nice bunch. I'm pretty sure if they didn't let me come work for them, I would have been killed by a sabotage party or something."

"It's fine, I'll come with you. I'd need your data for my Techies." Said Lia.

"Oh, good. Let's head to the workshop then- hm?" Galus double-checked his HUD. "She's in the cargo bay, Syluvi and Absalon are there too. She was just in the workshop, and Syluvi and Absalon weren't there a bit ago. Come on, something's wrong!" With that, Galus sprinted down the hallway, each long, bounding stride ringing through the ship.

"Leo is the captain of the Shark and by 'the rest', I mean the rest of the crew like Ana, King, Kylie, Eve, Cross and many more. They're a rather nice bunch. I'm pretty sure if they didn't let me come work for them, I would have been killed by a sabotage party or something."

Syluvi uncloaked, since the Tenno didn't seem to be hostile.

The Zephryn looked at the corpus woman, "The Shark?" this name crossed her mind more than once before, she stepped in close to the corpus woman the envenomed mist had stopped, "And who is it that you truly work for."

"Oh, good. Let's head to the workshop then- hm?" Galus double-checked his HUD. "She's in the cargo bay, Syluvi and Absalon are there too. She was just in the workshop, and Syluvi and Absalon weren't there a bit ago. Come on, something's wrong!" With that, Galus sprinted down the hallway, each long, bounding stride ringing through the ship.

Syluvi uncloaked, since the Tenno didn't seem to be hostile.

The Zephryn's head darted to the side spying Harvester Syluvi, her heart sank as she moved to get behind the corpus, "You'll stay where you are or she'll be nothing but dust." she tried to grapple Alia and search her for weapons to fend off the harvester. "I will not go back to that Defiler and let him finish turning me into one of you!" The pain in Zephryn's chest started again. She had not seen Absalon in the room as well leaving her back open to anyone.

The Zephryn looked at the corpus woman, "The Shark?" this name crossed her mind more than once before, she stepped in close to the corpus woman the envenomed mist had stopped, "And who is it that you truly work for."

The Zephryn's head darted to the side spying Harvester Syluvi, her heart sank as she moved to get behind the corpus, "You'll stay where you are or she'll be nothing but dust." she tried to grapple Alia and search her for weapons to fend off the harvester. "I will not go back to that Defiler and let him finish turning me into one of you!" The pain in Zephryn's chest started again. She had not seen Absalon in the room as well leaving her back open to anyone.

Syluvi slinked backwards, unsure what to do; Harvesters weren't programmed or trained to deal with hostage situations. Just then, Galus burst into the room, with a blast of cold heralding his arrival. Galus' stance was low and raptorlike, both Dakras drawn while his body and tail were nearly parallel to the ground. In a couple seconds, he quickly surveyed the situation, seeing the Zephryn holding Alia hostage.

There was no time to hesitate. With a blood-curdling robotic shriek that startled even himself a bit, Galus summoned a rapid series of Freeze bolts, intending to encase both Alia and the assailant in solid ice.

Syluvi slinked backwards, unsure what to do; Harvesters weren't programmed or trained to deal with hostage situations. Just then, Galus burst into the room, with a blast of cold heralding his arrival. Galus' stance was low and raptorlike, both Dakras drawn while his body and tail were nearly parallel to the ground. In a couple seconds, he quickly surveyed the situation, seeing the Zephryn holding Alia hostage.

There was no time to hesitate. With a blood-curdling robotic shriek that startled even himself a bit, Galus summoned a rapid series of Freeze bolts, intending to encase both Alia and the assailant in solid ice.

Zephryn heard the robotic sound emanating from behind her, eyes growing wide as the frost bolts hurdled towards the pair, one was Tenno the other the defiled one. She quickly dove out of the way carrying the corpus woman however once they hit the ground she let go rolling to her feet spinning on heel, "You work with him! You... You took us." her voice cracked as the fire in her lungs burned painfully the mist starting from her mouth again though since she was plenty far from anyone nobody was in immediate danger. "I should have known Alad V would send you to fetch me again even if we are on our way to his facility just because i woke up." she shook her head, "No I won't let you take me back to him" her breathing was quick as she looked at the interaction between the Mag and Galus.

Edited by Astralin

Zephryn heard the robotic sound emanating from behind her, eyes growing wide as the frost bolts hurdled towards the pair, one was Tenno the other the defiled one. She quickly dove out of the way carrying the corpus woman however once they hit the ground she let go rolling to her feet spinning on heel, "You work with him! You... You took us." her voice cracked as the fire in her lungs burned painfully the mist starting from her mouth again though since she was plenty far from anyone nobody was in immediate danger. "I should have known Alad V would send you to fetch me again even if we are on our way to his facility just because i woke up." she shook her head, "No I won't let you take me back to him" her breathing was quick as she looked at the interaction between the Mag and Galus.

"Alad V's dead! Calm down! Galus is with us Tenno now!" Shouted Lia, trying to stop the two of them from killing each other.