Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Calm Before The Storm [Invite-Only Rp]

MetroFallout

Alia decided, possibly against her better judgement, to hug Zephryn briefly before heading back to her work on her proxy. She didn't want to end up late with completing her project or she might end up having to go to Themisto in person.

Zephryn was unsure how to react to the sudden contact from Alia, for a long while her mind played over what had just happened before the undocking of the rail shook her from the thoughts. Looking over Mary and Alia, "You are assisting in the upcoming mission right?"

"Well there is a reason that Alia was afraid of me and also a reason why i threatened her when I awoke." Zephryn stepped into the room a bit more so that she wasn't blocking the path in or out, "When I first awoke from cryo I was being held captive in one of Alad V's facilities, he was still trying to find exactly which systems were compatible for his Harvesters. I was his personal project of mixing Zephyr and Saryn, project Toxicus, a chimera of frames. When I woke here on the shark I was afraid it was in another of his facilities, so i was cautious when Alia approached I figured I might have been able to get close enough to knock her out or at least let her lead me to a better location from which to make my attempt at escape."

Zephryn shifted uneasily coughing and then pausing to compose herself again, "When the harvester uncloaked I was foolish and let my fear manifest and push me into acting violently against her..." Zephryn fell silent at this thinking of how best to put her next words. "I didn't want to harm Alia, but I was scared enough that I was willing to do anything to prevent myself from being put back under the knife of Alad V."

Mary's stomach cringed at what the Zephyr had told her. So many had suffered by Alad V's hands, and so many more were dead. It made her feel happy that he was gone, but also a little empty. Killing him had been her goal for so long and with him gone she tried to refocus to the task at hand and destroying what was left of his work and those trying to fill his shoes, so to speak. It's hard to change your goal like that, but hearing the Zephyr's story gave her more reassurance.

Alia decided, possibly against her better judgement, to hug Zephryn briefly before heading back to her work on her proxy. She didn't want to end up late with completing her project or she might end up having to go to Themisto in person.

Seeing Alia hug the newcomer shocked Mary a bit as the ex Corpus had only moments ago been terrified of her.

Zephryn was unsure how to react to the sudden contact from Alia, for a long while her mind played over what had just happened before the undocking of the rail shook her from the thoughts. Looking over Mary and Alia, "You are assisting in the upcoming mission right?"

Looking back to the Zephyr Mary gave a slight shrug "That's the plan anyway. I'm not sure how much I'll be of help with all these people around but I'll do what I can to finish this once and for all."

Alia nodded. "Mhm. I'll be in the group aiming to capture Alad's data. Well more precisely, I'll be controlling a proxy from here where it's significantly safer. We'll have to work fast since who knows how many Corpus and Tenno are going to be all over Themisto by now, all trying to either erase or sell the data."

Looking back to the Zephyr Mary gave a slight shrug "That's the plan anyway. I'm not sure how much I'll be of help with all these people around but I'll do what I can to finish this once and for all."

Alia nodded. "Mhm. I'll be in the group aiming to capture Alad's data. Well more precisely, I'll be controlling a proxy from here where it's significantly safer. We'll have to work fast since who knows how many Corpus and Tenno are going to be all over Themisto by now, all trying to either erase or sell the data."

Zephryn placed a hand to her covered chin, "I wonder... if Leo would allow me to assist the ground team, despite my hatred for anything that man had his hands in if Alia here wishes to right the wrongs that have been brought along because of his research. And perhaps they could be used to he-" she was cut off as her lungs burned a strong series of coughs starting. Zephryn winced behind the helmet looking and moving quickly out the door 'which room will be the least ventilated' pulling up a map of the ship in her quickly blanketed visor she turned left out the door and ran towards the sparring room 'please let it be empty' her lungs ached and muscles losing strength quickly from the lack of fresh oxygen Zephryn keyed the door to open.

Zephryn placed a hand to her covered chin, "I wonder... if Leo would allow me to assist the ground team, despite my hatred for anything that man had his hands in if Alia here wishes to right the wrongs that have been brought along because of his research. And perhaps they could be used to he-" she was cut off as her lungs burned a strong series of coughs starting. Zephryn winced behind the helmet looking and moving quickly out the door 'which room will be the least ventilated' pulling up a map of the ship in her quickly blanketed visor she turned left out the door and ran towards the sparring room 'please let it be empty' her lungs ached and muscles losing strength quickly from the lack of fresh oxygen Zephryn keyed the door to open.

Concerned by the other Tenno's sudden exit and the way she had just stopped talking, Mary ran after her down the hallway feeling worried "Hey Zephyr! Are you okay!?"

Concerned by the other Tenno's sudden exit and the way she had just stopped talking, Mary ran after her down the hallway feeling worried "Hey Zephyr! Are you okay!?"

The training room opened it was empty, she heard the quickened footfalls of another following her, almost diving into the room she attempted to close the door before Mary could enter as well, either way her mouth guard opened and she started to cough out the deadly green mist.

The training room opened it was empty, she heard the quickened footfalls of another following her, almost diving into the room she attempted to close the door before Mary could enter as well, either way her mouth guard opened and she started to cough out the deadly green mist.

Siren suddenly woke up after sensing a Toxic outbreak in the Training room, she then signals for Hazmat, calling over the Intercom "Attention! Attention! Hazmat team to the Training room! I repeat hazmat to the Training room! All non Shark Hazmat Personnel please evacuate the second floor! This is not a drill" Ana lead the Hazmat team, keeping a spare inhaler handy "Oh dear, She didn't take her medicine"

Edited by Drakeardian

Siren suddenly woke up after sensing a Toxic outbreak in the Training room, she then signals for Hazmat, calling over the Intercom "Attention! Attention! Hazmat team to the Training room! I repeat hazmat to the Training room! All non Shark Hazmat Personnel please evacuate the second floor! This is not a drill" Ana lead the Hazmat team, keeping a spare inhaler handy "Oh dear, She didn't take her medicine"

Alia grabbed her old helmet just in case, bringing it with her as she heeded the warning and moved to another floor. She was guessing it had to do with Zephryn and the toxic gas she breathed out.

King rushed over to check on Alia, "Mademoiselle Alia! Are you alright?" he exclaimed as he help her to the Cargo hold, as soon as Mary and everyone else got off, the second floor was closed off.

Leo rushed to the bridge and made sure to oversee the operation and to make sure he had a backup plan "This is Leo! I want all of our guests accounted for and made sure nobody is left behind on the Second floor! set up Quarantine zones and scrubbers"

Edited by Drakeardian

Alia grabbed her old helmet just in case, bringing it with her as she heeded the warning and moved to another floor. She was guessing it had to do with Zephryn and the toxic gas she breathed out.

Syluvi uncloaked next to Alia, matching the Tech's pace with her own mesmerizing slither. Before Alia could react, Syluvi nudged her head between Alia's legs, then slipped her onto the Harvester's neck just in front of her shoulders. "It'ssss the new one, isn't it? I can sensssse the tos'ins coming from the duelling rooms." Syluvi accelerated three times faster than Alia could hope to sprint, slipping around corners like a river of mercury.

Edited by SnaleKing

Zephryn slammed her fist on the floor as the venomous cloud spread around her, rising she started weaving her hands almost tenderly through the air forcing the air in the immediate area to push all of the vapor into a condensed sphere near the center of the room as well as any she continued to release.

Once she had finished coughing up the toxins she focused fully on keeping the cloud contained until it either dropped enough in toxicity or diluted into the surrounding filters to be scrubbed away.

King rushed over to check on Alia, "Mademoiselle Alia! Are you alright?" he exclaimed as he help her to the Cargo hold, as soon as Mary and everyone else got off, the second floor was closed off.

Leo rushed to the bridge and made sure to oversee the operation and to make sure he had a backup plan

Alia nodded as she put on her old helmet just in case, the air filter in it being a useful feature. "Thanks for coming though. I was in the workshop at the time and grabbed my old helmet before I rushed out. After seeing that Zephyr run out, I guessed she was going to cough up more poison."

Syluvi uncloaked next to Alia, matching the Tech's pace with her own mesmerizing slither. Before Alia could react, Syluvi nudged her head between Alia's legs, then slipped her onto the Harvester's neck just in front of her shoulders. "It'ssss the new one, isn't it? I can sensssse the tos'ins coming from the duelling rooms." Syluvi accelerated three times faster than Alia could hope to sprint, slipping around corners like a river of mercury.

Alia was surprised to say the least when Syluvi appeared and next thing she knew, the serpentine Harvester had slipped between her legs and now had her riding on her back. "Oh hello, Syluvi. Thank you, by the way."

Mary was confused at what was happening and she wasn't sure what was going on as Siren sounded the ships alarm and urged people to leave the level. Was this a result of Alad V's tampering? The Saryn parts? In any case Mary reluctantly did as she was instructed and left.

When leaving she felt an itching in her throat. An itching which grew worse with each breath until breathing became next to impossible and it felt like her entire respiratory system was on fire. Mary started clawing at her throat in desperation as her attempts to get air was hindered by the burning pain each time she tried to draw breath.

Mary finally fell to her knees as the panic spread through her body and tears streamed down her cheeks as her eyes also began to itch. "I-I can't...breath" The words came out in a weak and barely noticeable voice.  She tried to cough but the only result was a sickening feeling as if she needed to through up.

Her Sentinel bleeped loudly in alarm as it circled around her in high speed. Finally stopping it looked around to see if it was anyone close by who could help. Mary hadn't been in close proximity as the Hybrid had unleashed the toxic cloud, but being in its barely noticeable outskirts was apparently enough to be effected even if it wasn't the full effect it was still bad enough.

((Damn, that was the longest post I've written in a while))

Mary was confused at what was happening and she wasn't sure what was going on as Siren sounded the ships alarm and urged people to leave the level. Was this a result of Alad V's tampering? The Saryn parts? In any case Mary reluctantly did as she was instructed and left.

When leaving she felt an itching in her throat. An itching which grew worse with each breath until breathing became next to impossible and it felt like her entire respiratory system was on fire. Mary started clawing at her throat in desperation as her attempts to get air was hindered by the burning pain each time she tried to draw breath.

Mary finally fell to her knees as the panic spread through her body and tears streamed down her cheeks as her eyes also began to itch. "I-I can't...breath" The words came out in a weak and barely noticeable voice.  She tried to cough but the only result was a sickening feeling as if she needed to through up.

Her Sentinel bleeped loudly in alarm as it circled around her in high speed. Finally stopping it looked around to see if it was anyone close by who could help. Mary hadn't been in close proximity as the Hybrid had unleashed the toxic cloud, but being in its barely noticeable outskirts was apparently enough to be effected even if it wasn't the full effect it was still bad enough.

((Damn, that was the longest post I've written in a while))

One of the medical team quickly proceeded to help Mary to the Cargo bay, the rest of the medical staff have already set up a Quarantine zone and a medical bay for any of the afflicted.

Meanwhile on the Solar Rail, Lia received a transmission from one of her contacts. Her eyes widened when she finished reading it. "Hans! Send a message to the Shark immediately! Tell Leo we're heading to Ida right now as quickly as we can and forward the transmission I received to him, time is of the essence in this mission!" She called out to her pilot. "Aye ma'am." said Hans the Hydroid nodding.  "Message sent."

In the transmission, Lia's contact informed her that Jackal Company, a notorious mercenary group has caught wind of what happened on Don Quixote and had sent their mercs to Themisto and Ida. It was unknown whether the "Winds of Devastation" would be deployed or not but it seems likely that it would happen to either of the locations.

In the transmission, Lia's contact informed her that Jackal Company, a notorious mercenary group has caught wind of what happened on Don Quixote and had sent their mercs to Themisto and Ida. It was unknown whether the "Winds of Devastation" would be deployed or not but it seems likely that it would happen to either of the locations.

"Hmm...Siren, Keep on high alert for a group called the Winds of Devastation, I want all hands ready for when they strike" 

"Jawohl Kommander" Replied Siren as she raised shields and weapons just incase.

Edited by Drakeardian

The mist dispersed through the air scrubbers being turned into fresh and non-deadly oxygen again, Zephryn relaxed, physically, once it dispersed. She looked around the room empty, quiet, a sense of cold and eyes constantly watching, it felt like the same damned room she had spent her time in during her captivity.

The brushing feeling of this memory caused her to pull her arms up hugging herself as she debated crawling into the nearest corner and waiting to die. The quarantine team would show up shortly after, if anyone was injured Leo will kill me I have to find his notes so that this can be fixed. Alad V's voice began in her head, 'Subject 08, who I have taken to calling my little, Chimera, has been a great improvement over the others surviving both initial surgery and repeated testing.'

Her hands clamped tightly around her arms as she shoved the memory away and steeled herself with a deep breath "I need to go to Themisto."

Edited by Astralin

rN9mr4e.png58IJAfD.jpg

Aventius looked about the situation unfolding. He said nothing of merit.

"Inst wek xuber. Aventius, okay are you?" Qul'aran asked. "Yol sert das ku'un. You not feel well."

"I'm just perplexed is all." The Oberon stated. "Life a confusing puzzle. Nothing fits, and your existence is rather unclear. That is, until you figure out why."

"Kyn sa mef, sek. I understand your mind. Korl din ah, friends have. Existence mine, lacking. Thak uu'n kela, elders we are. Wisdom both have. Only one, had to be me. Nest left, at youngling age."

Qul'laran rested on Aventius's shoulder, coiling its body and freely hanging its tail.

"Born strong. Kent yuo kars. Remember things you have. Keep it close."

Aventius nodded.

The two walked out of the workshop. Alia was busy doing her own business, so Qu'laran's updates can wait for a time. Both felt out of the loop about what the situation is; who was the Zephyr that appeared? When is the mission beginning? Those various things kept him at edge, but he remained optimistic. Qul'laran made light rumbling and hissing, It was asleep.

The Oberon petted the small dragon with his index and middle fingers. It felt comfortable against his touch. Aventius exhaled.

"Looks like I'll be doing the same, old friend." He whispered, trying not to awake the sleeping dragon.

He slumped against a crate wall in a small room. He folded his arms, and started to drift into a lazy sleep.

((OP Gemellus: Ghosts of Thermisto has already began? I thought we were to refrain for a bit. Well, I'll hold off for now, to see how that goes. As well, thanks for the heads-up.))

Edited by Zeus154

((OP Gemellus: Ghosts of Thermisto has already began? I thought we were to refrain for a bit. Well, I'll hold off for now, to see how that goes. As well, thanks for the heads-up.))

((That's what i thought but then Drake went ahead and posted in there so i was like uuhhh well i guess just follow along lol))