Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Rare Only Transmutation Bugged?

rangeless

Idk about you guys but all my rare only transmutations this week has ended up as common mod results...

I looked at the wikia page and it said that transmutating duplicates won't affect the chance of getting a crappier mod. etc etc. but any combination of rare mods might have a chance to yield a common mod....

BUT I DID at least 10 TRANSMUTATIONS this week. How can they all end up as "common"?

I think the system is bugged. If you got spare rare mods or credits, try a transmutation and show me the results. Some think I am exaggerating but I really do think there's a problem with transmutation atm. Back in the day, I can transmutate 50 nightmare rare mods a week and find no commons whatsoever. 

Yeah... I've done a bunch of rare only transmutations... I mostly get common trash like Ammo Drum and Fast Deflection.

Though I did get myself a Gleaming Talon the other day - The fact that it's been 1 Rare amongst a ton of common trash though is disappointing to say the least.

Gambling is so bad... :(

Transmuting paid off for myself, I'm sure a lot of people would rather pay credits for the rare stances than go out farming or trading. Took me 5 days to get every stance mod since U13 and I only traded for three, 2 uncommon 1 rare. Also managed to sell a Life Strike for 350p before Sectors were up.

Well, the system originally rewarded rares for rares, from what I've read, but doesn't anymore.

it said transmuting 4 rares gives higher chance of rare grade mods. that doesn't mean you will suppose to always obtain rare grades.

who knows, it might only add slight percentage to the chance of getting rares. like only 5% difference between transmuting 4 rares and 4 uncommons.

you people should really understand how gambling works on games. what's the point of gambling if 100% of the players gets something good 50% of the time?

Edited by faustias

Yes, you used to get 4 rares=rare, but that involved ability mods.

The slots which abilities were in are now taken up by a random mod, which will always choose a common/uncommon, pretty much.

Only difference now is that you can't throw them back into the transmutation circle.

Transmutation costs almost nothing.

-3.6k credits? Play some dark sectors.

-4 "Rare" mods? Nightmare and/or 5-mins-survival spam.

I say 75% to be garbage is a fair trade.

36k, not 3.6k, and that's a fair bit for most of us.

I've heard from people who got the reverse - transmuting commons to get rares.

Can anyone confirm that?

36k, not 3.6k, and that's a fair bit for most of us.

I've heard from people who got the reverse - transmuting commons to get rares.

Can anyone confirm that?

it's possible...

again, it's not tied to what rarity your 4 mods were before transmuting. the grade only gives your increased chance of getting something rare.

I transmuted some Uncommon mods, what did I get? Crimson Dervish.