Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jwarframe - 1.2.1 (Alert And Invasion Notifier For Windows/linux/mac)

GoldenGnu

If you can, then make it an option then GoldenGnu :)
i'm used to the way the app works, it no longer bothers me i close it when i click the X :p

@GoldenGnu: do you have some modification planned on the beta version? it seems to me thenew features are quite stables and bugless. You can tweak the missions types list maybe, but i do think you could push it as a stable release. (this will then allow for a new beta build :p )

@Arcus: notice that will exclude all other rewards from being notifiable ...

For example, if you exclude defense invasions, then if a tatter comes as a reward of e def invasion you wont be notified.

I did end up noticing this, and stopped using those check boxes for now because of it.  I guess it won't be as much of a use as I thought for now, since you can never have too many potatoes, and you never know what mode they'll show up in.

@Tazmanyak

I got a few more features I need to complete before a new release, so, you'll get another beta soon.

@Gio21

I will look into it ASAP, at the latest for the next beta

@ArcusVeles

The filters are getting very complicated.

The way I see it, the only real way to solve the problem is this:

Let people group rewards by them self and let the Mission Type, Minimum Count, Kill/Help enemy be settable by group.

But, that is a major task, that will have to wait a bit.

@Tazmanyak

I got a few more features I need to complete before a new release, so, you'll get another beta soon.

@ArcusVeles

The filters are getting very complicated.

The way I see it, the only real way to solve the problem is this:

Let people group rewards by them self and let the Mission Type, Minimum Count, Kill/Help enemy be settable by group.

But, that is a major task, that will have to wait a bit.

ok, ready for next beta!

About your answer @Arcus: this shows clearly in my opinion that adding too many features is couter-productive. This missions-type filter is clearly unusable, unless you do what you said. But in my opinion this is a really deep modification, that would almost imply a full recode of the app, from scratch.

Suggestion: in next stable build, or next beta, totally remove this mission types filter. Think of what features can serve "the mass" of your users, and stick to simplicity of usage.

To all: are there new potential alerts/invasions rewards in the U16? I almost totally stoped playing right now, i even didnt read the patchlogs.

Edit: Right now added the drac chroma helmet to my filters.

Anything else?

Edited by Tazmanyak

@Tazmanyak

The first step would be to make the mission type etc. filters per category. I think that may be useful.

But, I'm open to removing the feature completely if that is what people wants.

Happy to hear you're still up for maintaining the data set, even, when you play less... :)

I think those check boxes would be more useful if you could exclude categories of items.

I would always want to see premium items and helmets, but I don't want to see resources or keys behind ten (or thirty) minutes of survival.  Some categories of items just aren't worth the work, which is why I asked if the feature was possible in the first place.

Maybe if items or whole categories could be placed above the mission type filter, they'd be more useful that way.

Just a minor update:

A new beta is on it's way...

Just need some invasion with Grineer vs Corpus, to test the new per category Kill/Help enemy filters.

Also included in next beta:

-Changeable sound for credit alerts

-Close to tray

-Per category mission type filters

Also, the project source code have been moved to GitHub (as google code is closing down)

Edited by GoldenGnu

Just a minor update:

A new beta is on it's way...

Just need some invasion with Grineer vs Corpus, to test the new per category Kill/Help enemy filters.

Also included in next beta:

-Changeable sound for credit alerts

-Close to tray

-Per category mission type filters

Also, the project source code have been moved to GitHub (as google code is closing down)

cant wait :DD possibly add the link to new beta on front page :P

1.2.0 BETA 2:

http://warframe.nikr.net/jwarframe/download/jwarframe-1.2.0-beta2.zip

This is a beta release. Bugs will be included™

What I would like:

-Testing of new features (from both beta 1 & 2)

-Feedback on the new per category filters (are we better of removing them all together or are they useful?)

BETA 2 features:

-Per category filters (Mission Type and Help/Kill faction)

-Close to tray

-Credits sound now changeable

BETA 1 features:

-Notification Popup

-Filter management (Easy loading of filter set)

-Invasion ETA column

Edited by GoldenGnu

Quiclky tested the 1.2.0.beta2 build

- no bug as i know.

- close to tray works as intended

- thanks for the credits notification sound, will have to wait a little more to check if "bug" reported by vectorwolf about sound notifications is now solved. should be pretty fast, just waiting for a few more "items alerts" to be sure.

- extended missions types filters look good. to cover all possibilities, maybe you could think about adding factions to the alerts options (grineer/corpus/infested)

Now, notices/questions/suggestions:

- As a notice, it's possible to run multiple instances of jwarframe. Dont know if it could be good, or not, to prevent that?

- When coding, do you consider they might add anytime new missions types/factions, so they can be quite easily added? As a first level list for example, so you dont have to go add new things in a lot of different places ...

- Is it possible to add comments in the data files?

Like adding ; or # or anything else at begining of every line ...

- Can you add timestamp to the logfiles please? :D

- Is there a way to change quantity of infos displayed in the log? For example to have access on lots more informations for debug or testing?

That's all for now :)

Note: i sent you latest data files, with added alternative drac chroma helmet.

No feedback about that, so i suppose it's the only new potential alert of U16.

@Tazmanyak

1) You mean change the alert sound for each faction? It's already on the ToDo list

2) It's not good with multiple instances, it will corrupt the settings - Added to the ToDo list

3) It's not easy to code for the future, but, the code is pretty structured, so, adding stuff is still easy,

4) No that is not possible, but, it's super easy to add, if you need it (let me know, I'll add it to the ToDo list if you want it)

5) Timestamp, yes I think that is possible, will look into it. Added to the ToDo list

6) You can run it in debug mode (Add: -debug) But, there isn't a lot more information. The most important thing for bugs are the stack trace. That is also what is submitted when bugs are send automatic. The other stuff is just minor notes tbh.

7) Data: I updated the mods pictures, but, I'm not sure I like the new design. I will send you a file, to get your opinion. Data will be updated ASAP.

I suppose your 1) is about this:

"- extended missions types filters look good. to cover all possibilities, maybe you could think about adding factions to the alerts options (grineer/corpus/infested)"

Then, no i didnt meant a different sound for factions. I meant "add kill corpus/grineer/infested" in the alerts filters, as you did for the invasions.

This is not a request, just i noticed someone could ask the ability to filter alerts per faction.

4) not needed, was a simple Q to know if i could :D

Waiting for the "new" mods picture example :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello God's of Alert notifier xD

we need a update !!!

- Mirage Trivelin Helmet

- Limbo Magrite Helmet

thanks for the new helmets names.

looking after pictures for them, and will send the new data to GoldenGnu.

Also planned:

- new image for fusion cores

- removal of the non-existant auras. was keeping them in the filters "just in case" DE add them back. But i do think it will never happen.

Edit:

i just realized there is also new images for helmet/chassis/systems blueprints.

the old vauban ones will then be updated to new ones.

Edited by Tazmanyak

Data update uploaded. Restart jWarframe to download it. Report any errors in this thread. Thank you to Tazmanyak! \o/

I will try to get 1.2.0 released this weekend (no new features since BETA 2).

It should be pretty stable, as no bugs have been report to the automatic bug reporting system.

Then I can start working on all the new feature suggestion...

Notice:

Alert currently running, for the new limbo alternative helmet.

The DE alert reward string is not good (LimboAltBHelmetBlueproint), so even if it's picked by jwarframe, it is unfiltered.

Thing will work correctly only when DE will modity the string.

@Tazmanyak

That is most likely a Deathmax API problem. LimboAltBHelmetBlueproint looks like an unconverted string (raw from the official API).

If it happens again, I'll contact him, but, he usually fix problems like this lightning fast (Yet another reason why I love hes API). 

Update/Feature request:

It appears DE added high credits rewards alerts. one is currently running, with a 50k credits reward.

So, i do a multiple request about credits; pick the one(s) you think interesting/doable

- modify alerts credits filters, new max (to ignore could be more than 50k now. 500001 exactly :)

I think you can remove some of the 3/5/7/10/20/30k filters to remove clutter. i suggest keeping 5/10/20k.

- allow possibility to add our own limits for the credits rewards

The better possibility imho is to make it so the latest opton on slider is set to infinite, so somewhat like "ignore all credits rewards"

- give possibility to add credits filters to Filters sets (so, for example, one can use a 10k creds limit daytime, and totally ignore credits nighttime)

@Tazmanyak

That is most likely a Deathmax API problem. LimboAltBHelmetBlueproint looks like an unconverted string (raw from the official API).

If it happens again, I'll contact him, but, he usually fix problems like this lightning fast (Yet another reason why I love hes API). 

I can no longer update those strings before they are released. Items released in U16 and later will show up raw at least for the first round.