Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Definition Of "sideball"

VampirePirate

In Devstream #27, Rebecca accidentally said this word and it was funny to joke about it, but... what does it mean?

What do you folks think this is?

I think it means something done intentionally, but the result was unintentional, and yet hilarious to witness.  Because this is what I perceived happening in the video.

(This thread is for the fun of it.)

Edit:  Apparently "sideball" is a word.  Did not know that.  Enjoy.

Edited by VampirePirate

Urban dictionary to the rescue :|

Some people, like myself, don't use urban terms.  And I put up the thread for the fun of it, and I did not know that "sideball" was a real term.  Sorry to give you such a bad brief moment in your life.

Edited by VampirePirate

Some people, like myself, don't use urban terms.  And I put up the thread for the fun of it, and I did not know that "sideball" was a real term.  Sorry to give you such a bad brief moment in your life.

Apparently people like you also never learned not to start a sentence with the word and. Go figure. Nawmean? j/k it's all good (in good nature)

Apparently people like you also never learned not to start a sentence with the word and. Go figure. Nawmean? j/k it's all good (in good nature)

Let's be honest though, in good nature or not, that "don't start sentences with 'and'" rule is a load of bull.

Didn't even know that was a slang term.  Learn something new everyday.  The meaning just makes it all the more funnier.

I didn't know the word either.

Until I did a google search on it.

You go to urban dictionary...ANYTHING is a slang word.

Not true.  If I say something like "ribamacky", and you look it up in the urban dictionary, I promise you won't find it.  If you do, let me know.  I just made it up.  Besides that, you are going off topic.

In fact I did learn that, from English instructors at college.  They were very elderly though, and English was different back then.  I in fact put "and" before the sentence so it would not be confused with what I wrote before that.  Also I did not care much for proper grammar, as I see you don't either when writing the word "nawmean".  In case and point, I will assume that was your attempt to be racist.  And, you are way off topic.  This thread is about the word "sideball", not English grammar.

I pretty much welcome the moderators to close this thread at this point.  It's already been established that "sideball" is a real word.

In fact I did learn that, from English instructors at college.  They were very elderly though, and English was different back then.  I in fact put "and" before the sentence so it would not be confused with what I wrote before that.  Also I did not care much for proper grammar, as I see you don't either when writing the word "nawmean".  In case and point, I will assume that was your attempt to be racist.  And, you are way off topic.  This thread is about the word "sideball", not English grammar.

I pretty much welcome the moderators to close this thread at this point.  It's already been established that "sideball" is a real word.

Well, aren't you the fun one? I believe their point of using "nawmean" was in fact to use improper grammar when they had just finished correcting yours, like they said, it was in good nature. And the fact that you immediately jumped to "he must be trying to be racist" is a bit overboard, he clearly wasn't. He was using slang/phonetic spelling.

Well, aren't you the fun one? I believe their point of using "nawmean" was in fact to use improper grammar when they had just finished correcting yours, like they said, it was in good nature. And the fact that you immediately jumped to "he must be trying to be racist" is a bit overboard, he clearly wasn't. He was using slang/phonetic spelling.

This is not about correcting grammar or incorrect grammar.  This is about the word "sideball".  You are way off topic.  That was my point.  Not about racism.  Stop quoting me, because you can't get it right even if you had to copy and paste it.

I think (sorry if I get it wrong) ...

Each livestream there is some degree of improving vocabulary, to indicate to viewers what's going on.

The Community Manager often uses words like 'Segway', 'Side track', 'Digress', 'highlight' etc

These help the audience know that things are going to go a different direction, before returning to the topic at hand.

I think she confused Side Track, and Curve Ball. *shrug*

This is not about correcting grammar or incorrect grammar.  This is about the word "sideball".  You are way off topic.  That was my point.  Not about racism.  Stop quoting me, because you can't get it right even if you had to copy and paste it.

First of all:

I will assume that was your attempt to be racist. 

Second, I don't know how to even respond to that. I was QUOTING you wrong? Please master, teach me how to quote like you! I have been wandering blind in the world of quotations, and I need your guidance!

What did I not "get right"?

Edited by JerZeyCJ

I think (sorry if I get it wrong) ...

Each livestream there is some degree of improving vocabulary, to indicate to viewers what's going on.

The Community Manager often uses words like 'Segway', 'Side track', 'Digress', 'highlight' etc

These help the audience know that things are going to go a different direction, before returning to the topic at hand.

I think she confused Side Track, and Curve Ball. *shrug*

This is what I thought happened too.  I just thought it was funny.  Of course I didn't know it was an actually slang word.  I thought it was a mistake. like a slip of the tongue or something.

Let's make fun of the Devs everytime they say something wrong so they'll be even less motivated to talk in front of us.

Weeee

No one in a creative field would be able to make it to a studio like DE if they didn't have a thick skin :|