Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Should Change Our Definition Of ''endgame''.

Alphafox

In first place what is endgame. Endgame is the content that can be done by only the best of the best,endgame come only when.   

TL;DR at the end

A) You have reached the max level

B)When advancing in levels is not your main goal.

and

C)When your gear has to be the best of the best to ''access'' the content. 

Usually the endgame revolve around raiding,achievement ''hunting'' and boss raids.The endgame should grow and change overtime and should not stay stagnant it should always push the players to the limit.

In Warframe things are different, we have no character level,no raiding and not a really solid achievement system. We have nothing that encourage to push the player to it's limit to summarize we have no endgame. Survival and Endless defense are not endgame at all, they are very far from it.

At this point in Warframe we only have what i would call a ''artificial endgame'' the only way to reach the hard content is to press on the magic button 4 for around 1 hour to ''enjoy'' the artificial difficulty.

While i'm speaking of difficulty, difficulty should not be what we have right now. instead of having a challenging system we have a system that punish you by using enemies that kill you even if the bullet barely touched you. Endgame should always be doable and counterable.

To conclude the reason you do endgame content is simple:Phat lewt, good items, call it how you want.Right now we only have a system that encourage the player to stay in the mission to maybe have a chance to get a orokin cell. I will end by asking you what kind of endgame are you looking for?

TL;DR:We don't have anything that look like endgame,what we consider endgame is not. Endgame should be tough but rewarding.

All I want for endgame at the moment is a survival or a defense without the draining of oxygen or protecting an objective. Just me, and 3 other people in a room, surviving as long as possible as enemies infinitely spawn and attack us.

I also think a perfect end-game for warframe would be player created levels. Not weapons or cosmetics, but levels. Give us a level editor, much like what starcraft 2 has. We can pick the tileset(s), the type of mission, the faction(s) and what type of enemies spawn from that faction(s) and where they spawn. We can create the map room by room instead of it being randomly generated, or pick what rooms we want the map to have randomly generated if the previous option is not possible. Thats just to start as well, maybe if that goes well DE can slowly improve it.

I also think a perfect end-game for warframe would be player created levels. Not weapons or cosmetics, but levels. Give us a level editor, much like what starcraft 2 has. We can pick the tileset(s), the type of mission, the faction(s) and what type of enemies spawn from that faction(s) and where they spawn. We can create the map room by room instead of it being randomly generated, or pick what rooms we want the map to have randomly generated if the previous option is not possible. Thats just to start as well, maybe if that goes well DE can slowly improve it.

This idea is wonderful! It greatly increase  the game longevity.A game that come in mind is NeverWinter, you can build a whole dungeon and open it to the public,you make your quest,etc.This is can be fun at any level even before endgame

Endgame Re-defined thread #3-hundred-and-something.

Usually the endgame revolve around raiding,achievement ''hunting'' and boss raids.The endgame should grow and change overtime and should not stay stagnant it should always push the players to the limit.

I'd say it's growing and changing into something feasible at this moment.

Alliance System, Proxy Wars, Expanded & Improved Dark Sectors.

Endgame is replayability nothing more nothing less.

Tell that to Grima in Fire Emblem.

Tell that to the final world of Super Mario 3D World.

Tell that to the Elite 4 in Pokémon X.

Tell that to the 8-Boss rush in Mega Man 2.

Tell that to Mother Brain in super metroid.

Talk to the boss rush in Mega Man X.

Endgame? Suuuuuuuuuuuure.

(I probably just sounded like an asshat. Forgive me,)

Tell that to Grima in Fire Emblem.

Tell that to the final world of Super Mario 3D World.

Tell that to the Elite 4 in Pokémon X.

Tell that to the 8-Boss rush in Mega Man 2.

Tell that to Mother Brain in super metroid.

Talk to the boss rush in Mega Man X.

Endgame? Suuuuuuuuuuuure.

(I probably just sounded like an asshat. Forgive me,)

Tell that to a Monster Hunter player.

Go on, i dare you.

Engame for me is running Excalibur with Skana, Braton Prime and Lato Prime, iunno bout you guys.

Exchange Excalibur Prime and Skana Prime (sure that's what you meant) for Excalibur and Skana, and that's me.

Edited by AntoineFlemming