Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enhanced Movement Macro - Movement 1.5?

VanFanel1980mx

Question

WARFRAME - Movement 1.5 Macro v2.3

By VanFanel1980mx
Special Thanks to Warbros#1

I wanted to perform a certain maneuver more easily, having too many keys bound in this game is a nightmare so I came up with some contextual combinations and found out these maneuvers can open a few more possibilities for a more "fast paced" combat style.

Requirements:
Warframe Update 13.1.2

Change Log

Version 2.1
-Added a toggle function
-Added a suspend function to the chat window in-game
-Added Tool Tips for toggle status.

Version 2.2
-Added a timer for the tooltips so they disappear unless the script is running.
-Fixed the movement lock after a Ground Slam Cancel or Copter Kick.

Version 2.2.1
-Key combinations are now bound to Warframe's default configuration (some manual binding must be done in-game though), make Sure the Right Shift key is mapped in "Hold to Sprint" in game.

Basic Commands

Left Alt: Toggle macro Off/On

T: Toggle macro Off (Fail safe for using the chat window)

Evade Roll

Right Mouse Button + Jump

Quick Slide

Press and hold any direction twice (Copter is possible)

Hop Kick

Tap any direction twice + Jump (Air Copter is possible)

Advanced Commands

Quick Somersault
Press Jump during Quick Slide
Big Slam Cancel
Press Melee during Quick Somersault
Hop Slam Cancel
Press Melee while falling from a Hop Kick
Feint Copter
Release the directional keys and press Melee while performing a Quick Slide or Hop Kick to the sides or backwards.

Videos

DISCLAMER: All these moves and maneuvers are completely possible to do without the need of any macros but require some workarounds and certain key strokes, this macro was made to provide players a more streamlined alternative.

*I will try to add the videos later, if anyone knows the code to embed them properly please let me know.

---

Make games to make money or Make money to make games, what is it DE?

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

I do several of those moves in game now..you press aim, press left and shift, you will flip left and you can fire when you rise. same as right, forward roll do a fire, or melee attack, tap shift jump, and melee you will flip forward and do a slam attack. I do it with mouse and keyboard all the time, although with that said, making those same maneuvers bound to 1 key which activates them as a standard would be a cool feature.

They are not being bound to one key but instead a key combination more or less the thing is, only two shortcuts were implemented but they opened up for certain maneuvers by accident.

The idea seems super useful. I tend not to use anything other than wall running and somersaults because anything else often seems to difficult to do. I mean, I fail with somersaults which can lead to some rather funny deaths as I miss ledges and just slide into the large group of enemies I was trying to jump over.

Edited by BritishBob

That defeats the whole purpose of this thread. The point of the Macro is to have a free way to perform some of the manoeuvres in this game. Spending money on an MLGzzzn0scope mouse is not a "peace of cake" solution to the control/input problems of the game. 

I was just recommending something for the OP. (Particularly since I think macros just aren't much fun)

And my mouse is cheap as hell with two buttons at the side. No need to be snappy.

I was just recommending something for the OP. (Particularly since I think macros just aren't much fun)

And my mouse is cheap as hell with two buttons at the side. No need to be snappy.

Having actions bound to a single key is kind of no fun for me, is not the lack of buttons but the placement of them and how they could be easily streamlined from the start.

Anyway, Macro is Up! check the first post and report any problems or discoveries.

Hmm, how is it faster to do a slide by tapping the same direction key twice compared to pressing shift+ctrl? The movement isn't fluid when your character stops between those taps.

I'm with Sixty5. I have no idea why nightrunner is trying to argue with him... The different maneuvers are easy to pull off and it didn't even take more than a couple of games to learn them when I started. Mobility is the main thing that makes the game fun for me so I play that style.

One of these days I have to muster up courage to move up to Venus but I heard there are some drones that will melt my mobile butt with 100% accuracy in mere seconds. :/

Hmm, how is it faster to do a slide by tapping the same direction key twice compared to pressing shift+ctrl? The movement isn't fluid when your character stops between those taps.

I'm with Sixty5. I have no idea why nightrunner is trying to argue with him... The different maneuvers are easy to pull off and it didn't even take more than a couple of games to learn them when I started. Mobility is the main thing that makes the game fun for me so I play that style.

One of these days I have to muster up courage to move up to Venus but I heard there are some drones that will melt my mobile butt with 100% accuracy in mere seconds. :/

Is not meant to replace certain maneuvers, doing a full slide is not the same as doing a quick slide.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something since it seems to me that some of these macros are toggled slower and/or more difficultly than normally.

Ah, gotcha. I think the idea behind most of them is cutting down on the number of button presses required, which it seems to do.

I'm currently using this macro. Some things you can do with it are impossible by button since the macro does it much faster. Likewise there are some things you can do better manually. It gives you more control overall without having to remember too many extra buttons.

Edited by sewens

Cooldowns?

You get a speed boost when activating a slide, this used to be spammable, running a macro that spammed crouch while sprinting would make you go faster than coptering now does. De fixed this by putting this speed boost on a cooldown, so we can no longer do a weird duckwalk thing to go fast.

With that gone there is no real need to hit buttons for movement super fast anymore and therefore macros are for convenience rather than an advantage.

the only thing I like to see is double tap movement key for roll in the certain direction, sadly the roll animation itself is painfully slow and theres, nothing that replaces my copter :(

The original macro had no Quick Slide but exactly what you mention, I found it really unreliable so I opted to put quick slide instead which ended up opening the gate for more crazy stunts.

Anyone who takes time away from their 1-hit kill rifles to learn some basic melee maneuvers should be perfectly fine performing all of this without macros. Then again, they'd rather not put down their Soma for any reason.

I still run into people who are baffled when they see me Slide > Flip > Jump Attack with the Jet Kitty.