Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

I think this is exactly the kind of things DE wants to see. People strategizing to take down an alliance that taxes too much. HOWEVER, supporting that alliance in a conflict is essentially your tax return plus a bonus. Sometimes, that bonus is huge. I played a few games the other day and there was 30,000 credit battlepay.

However, 1-5% tax is too low and 25-30% is probably too high.

And you have a problem with people voicing out their problems against Eclipse BECAAAAAAAAAUSE? :T

Of course it's their problem.

This is something they're doing about it.

Why are you here if you're just going to say "that's your problem". If that's all you had to say, then, why are you here?

I have a problem with whiners. Not with people voicing their opinions. Look at how much stupidity and crying has been taking place on the forums for these past couple of days, this division is not good for the game or the community.

I hate them but I hate the people fighting for them more they are complete idiots they complain saying "omg tax to high, needs to go" and then as soon as they get the chance to get them out of there they say "omg look at that high pay gotta fight for them" in an endless cycle of stupidity. My alliance has desided to just let them take the whole map so that the Devs can see that their idea to prevent the monopoly problem was not going to work because Devs only seem to fix the problem once the problem is huge and extremly easy to see

Or get your alliance to prep an 8 billion warchest n take down Sinai.

First why would they attack a node if they weren't going to tax it. answer me this eclipse members why do you need this node?

second, I understand they needed to get back the money from conflicts but 25%, really? when its better to run an eris D.S. node than an ceres that's sad.

Lastly, I don't understand why anyone trusts them after not telling them in game about taxing people to get back lost credits and charge the highest of any Dark sector tax, ether by bad commutation, lies, or not caring.

Just because they give out more money doesn't mean it's given to everyone.

Only those who have the availability to access their battlepay times.

What about the other 90-97% of the players who CANNOT be on at those times?

Just deal with the 25% tax because they can't be online whenever it is necessary?

Of course not. To such people, Eclipse is pretty much the bad guy.

Adding tax to where none need be.

Eclipse has made use of their pool of money and dedicated players, sure.

Which part of that makes the tax less of a pain in the &#! for most of the players? >:

QFT

Thats why 8 billion. So you can throw 100k battlepay right from the start.

4000 pple 2 million credits each.

Aint hard at all.

what im saying it that if they can throw that out like that and still have like 8 other rails in conflict then 8 bil wont be enough not to mention that they will still have more rails after that and will probably try to take that rail back

Edited by Sasoka

Oh christ, how many threads like these we get per day? Did anyone copy-paste my big post about this yet? Holy jesus, it's always the same arguments. As posted on the "You Know Guys" thread...

I'm not part of Eclipse, but i will always support them. Wanna know why? Here's a list of all arguments presented against Eclipse, and their absolute rebuttal:

B-But Eclipse puts 25% taxes on missions! They're greedy and ebil! How can you not hate them?

Let's not forget that it costs between 10 to 20 million credits to repair the solar rails (that already cost them a lot to craft). The same solar rails that will be under constant attack even if Eclipse puts it as 0%. Doubt it? Check all the other planets - all 0% Tax clans are under constant assault. They will not have the money to repair their rail, and eventually they will fall. Another fool clan will take over, 0% taxes again, and then the cycle goes on and on.

0% is fair! I rather donate millions of credits to keep them alive than support the eeeevil Eclipse!

The problem is that you cannot trade credits. How would you donate millions of creds then, mister Smartypants? Besides, having to pay 15 million credits may not be trouble for some of you high-rollers, but let's not forget they have to pay that every three days or so. Still feel like donating? Wait up, i got an idea then: How about instead of paying them 15,000,000 credits, you pay them much less (so you don't go poor). And instead of giving it out all at once, pay them bit by bit - It's not fair to pay that much if you haven't used the Dark Sector is it? So how about you donate them a little bit, every time you use the mission? Would that be fair for you? What if... the donation was 25% of your mission reward? Heheheheeh.

Even with all the absurd Solar Rail repair costs, they're still making more money than spending! Eeebil!

Because repair costs are just half of their trouble - their main credit sink is their battle pay. We have seen before, missions where they have handed out almost 20 million credits in total as battle-pay for some planets. Sum that up with the solar rail costs, and you'll have an idea of how much money Eclipse has to make in order to survive. And if they don't? Either another clan takes over using the same strategy (and we get threads like these against them), or we get the 0% tax fools. And you have learned what happens to them up there. 

And what if they're making more money than they're spending? There's no way to remove money from the Clan Vault. The treasurer is staring right now at all those millions coming and going, and not even a single credit will go to his wallet. How can you say they're greedy, if they're not allowed to even use the money? Dojo costs hardly use credits.

Okay... so they're not greedy. But they're ebil because they want to take over the solar system!

And? Nothing wrong with that. Saving the rest of the Dark Sectors from their 0% tax-clan-graveyards. 

Remember: Eclipse is not greedy and evil. They're honest and ambitious. I'm not part of that clan, but i assure you that the 25% is unfortunately the necessary to survive. Perhaps if you mr. Smartypants-Prime stopped attacking them, they wouldn't have a reason to have such high taxes (since they wouldn't have to repair/pay battle rewards).

Now i have one extra argument to refute:

Eclipse doesn't always pay me their battle-pay because it's not always available! Ah-HA! Now i got you guys! Now i got the proof that they're evil and greedy and not me for refusing to give them credits to repair the rail they built on their own!

All right sweetie. Sometimes you're not online when Eclipse is handing out battle-pays. Unfortunately, the game's population is not composed of You and Eclipse. Sorry to say! There are several thousand players on Warframe (15,583 online right now through Steam only, according to SteamGraphs) and some of them are running those missions in the name of Eclipse. So they're not paying YOU, but they're paying thousands of other players. In the end, that's still almost 20,000,000 credits they have to pay (according to one of their battle-pays of 15k). So, i'm so sorry if they aren't rich enough to pay YOU whenever you are online. 

It's BAFFLING how people want Eclipse to invest a lot of resources and credits to build a solar rail, then deploy it, then pay 16,000,000 credits or more to repair it every few days or so and when they ask for a bit of creds to keep their business going (through taxes), people call them greedy. They're not greedy, they're just trying to keep their solar rail running. YOU, who's complaining that Eclipse is taking 1/4 of your 25,000 credits battle pay - YOU are the greedy one for wanting them to do everything for free for you. They have to pay A LOT for those battlepays and A LOT for the solar rail repair. The least they can do is ask for a bit in return to keep them running, and if you refuse, YOU are the selfish and greedy who wants to be a leech and a freeloader. 

Edit: Eclipse, i'm the founder of a tiny little Ghost clan. We aren't many, but we're dedicated and we will stand for you. You're not alone in this, and we will fight even when there's no battle-pay - because we're not immature children. We understand that owning solar rails costs money, and we support you. 

Edited by Neon_Angel

If SoV hopes to stand a chance they need to initiate a temporary credit tribute to build up their warchest.

Players love the tax free Pluto, but if they dont do this, the entire community loses in the long run.

Just for thought:

Hey guys! BFool here just slipping this into the OP really quick. I want to link this post here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/223502-sechura-eclipse-vs-shadows-of-vengeance-eclipse-dark-sector-megathread-bfool/?p=2591192 just to make sure it is a bit easier to see. I feel this poster couldn't have hit the nail on the head any better. It is worth reading if you're among the people currently concerned with all the Eclipse discussion. Play nice.
Edited by Blatantfool

Greetings Tenno,

I respect your sentiments on this, but when we took and held the Pluto rails we promised the community that we would keep them tax free as long as we were in control of them. If we lose the rail, we do so with our character intact, our promises kept, and our integrity unquestioned.

Victory to you always, Tenno.

- Salishaz, Warlord of the Shadows of Vengeance.

They have let one node go and have only attacked twice, all nodes they currently own they have had since day one. So lets not act like they're the aggressor most of the time.

I'd say attacking a zero tax node makes them the aggressor.

snip-

I like this. 

To add:

Eclipse members do not get a single credit from the battle pay. So that 10k, 20k, 30k? All to the non-members. It's not like only non-members are fighting for the rails as the members engage in runs as well. So what do they get? Nothing.Their reward is their duty and loyalty to the alliance.

Edited by SimplyEvil

I'd say attacking a zero tax node makes them the aggressor.

Yeah, by attacking that node they are not saving anyone from anything. Eclipse or anyone else.

Attacking a 0% tax node means you are either greedy or egotistical :)

To hell with Eclipse, I say.

I don't want them to gain any more nodes than what they already have. Especially the pluto nodes, I have this feeling that eclipse will put at least a 30% or even higher tax on it if they get the node.

And believe me, they want that node. They want it bad. Expect to see 100k+ battle pay for that node from eclipse.

I'm almost beginning to think that Eclipse is the same as the entire Corpus faction...

To all Eclipse supporters out there...

"YOU... TENNO. YOU FIGHT FOR TREASURE! YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER CORPUS MACHINE TO ME!!" ~General Sargas Ruk

Edited by maikkeli31

NO. I will support them even with 0 battle pay. If they raise the tax, I'll still support them because I am firmly against Eclipse now, but they don't need to raise their tax. If the community would pull their heads out their @#$%&*, Shadows of Vengeance would have all the support they need.

Also... ran out of upvotes for the day :(

@Salishaz - have all my upvotes!

Edited by AntoineFlemming