Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

Reason for the attack? Eclipse is overextended, so they're trying to get larger credit sectors to patch up their Solar Rail maintenance budget.

At least that's what some of their members are saying. It takes a lot of credits and farming to maintain and fix 8 rails after conflicts.

Unfortunately, what they aren't thinking is that by taking 2 more rails they're just inviting more people to attack them constantly. With more effort, since they're going after the safest credit(and EXP) farming node available in the game right now.

It's not sustainable in the long run.

The right answer would be to either maintain their current position and wait for the announced Dark Sector expansions, or scale back if it's too much effort to maintain their current rails.

They're taking more so they can maintain what they already have, while in reality they'll just be having more to maintain with more enemies than ever.

With absolutely zero additional benefits. They'd actually gain way more by sending some of those rail-grinders they use and send them to Sechura.

If a clan is holding 0% tax on the highest paying Sector in the game, the answer isn't to take it over and pay maintenance for it - the answer is to farm the hell of that 0% tax and let the other clan bother themselves with maintenance costs. You let the 0% clan cover the costs and everyone reaps the benefit. Pure profit.

People certainly won't be grinding it for credits if it gets taxed like all the other Eclipse nodes. Even minimal tax will send people back to Void missions and the whole takeover will have made no point.

But hey, if they lack that much foresight, they're welcome to overextend and tear themselves apart. I'd recommend them getting new tacticians.

Edited by Yurilica

it costs less to make a new rail than it does to keep one, perhaps if you understood how battle pay works it would make more sense

battle pay is paid for a set amount of tickets such as 500

thats not 500 missions

its 500 players

which is why money runs out so fast

in 500 tickets at 50000 they will spend 25,000,000 credits

thats probably more than you have made in your entire play time

and now you know why they have to tax

It costs 500,000 to make a rail. 250,000 to repair one from 0 to 100. Perhaps if you looked at the costs of building vs repairing, you wouldn't make yourself look like a giant fool.

25,000,000 credits is chump change for Eclipse when they're taxing 8 nodes, nearly all of them being popular farming spots for rare materials, at 25%.

I don't recall seeing regular 50,000 BPs. The running average I see is 10,000 and any BPs over this are merely matching or slightly beating the opposing clan/alliance. Get your facts right.

I've made 69,000,000 credits in my play time. That's nearly 3 times more than 25,000,000. It makes you look incredibly shallow when you draw assumptions out of thin air.

Personally the way I see it, eclipse at this point is the only alliance really willing to use the rails for what they were designed for. Control. They're the top alliance because they seized the opportunity early on and control a great many rails. Eventually it'll get to the point where other alliances over throw eclipse, but at this point people don't want to pay the 25% credit tax. Understandable, however the dark sectors aren't the place to get all your credits. That's the voids job. Just my two cents on the matter.

Edit:

Wrong, Eclipse's actions led to this.  If their course of actions had been different, there would be no such situation as this for the "naysayers" to attack in the first place.  Eclipse is quite adequately throwing itself out there as the control hungry tyrant without anyone's outside help, by never being satisfied, doing their best to control the DS economy, and lying on multiple occasions.  They really don't need any help for that.

Despite that, I respect Eclipse for creating a game environment worth playing in, and I wouldn't be ashamed to call myself one of their own if I was (which I'm not, and most likely won't be any time soon since most will be offended by what I've said) even with this point of view.

No one from Eclipse has spammed the forums creating threads about other alliances/clans and DS. So we are not the source of the drama, its people who feel like its their job to go on a daily crusade against Eclipse that is the source of this forum drama.

I get it that you don't like a specific Alliance due to their past history or the sort... 

What I don't get is that you call them greedy because they do not allow you to make more money than you should.

The node itself dictates how much one /should/ be paid. There is no such thing as more there. It's simply the alliances point to see how much they want to take. The node isn't run by someone else that's paying you to work there. It's a flat thing that makes money out of thin air.

As far as I know, since i havent followed their oh, so glorious rise to the state they are in right now...

they at some point promised a 0% tax. I may be wrong, and if so, i will edit that.

Let's go back to U13. It was new, and it was a matter of minutes until the rails were all going to deploy.

I was in a mission, quietly waiting. As soon as the first message showed up about dark sectors, I knew it was coming. Waves of messages about them deploying.

Eclipse started up, promising 0% tax. Conflicts opened up, and they say they would promise to keep their 0% tax, and were hoping people would fight for their cause.

We go now a day or two after they promised to keep their 0% tax. The conflict was over. We then see something different; High taxes. Very high. Highest of all the Dark Sectors out there. People weren't happy.

The next conflict, a day after. They are attacked, and the attacker sends a message to stop Eclipse's lying, and to stop the high taxes. Eclipse replies with "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". They were claiming they hadn't taxed.

They broke their promise from then on.

And that's what happened.

The amount of mad over eclipse charging a 25% tax is hilarious. So many uninformed people who don't understand how math or rails work. Get used to taxes, because NO ONE is going to have 0% tax, ever.

Eclipse is amazing and I will continue to support them for the insane credits I gain from their battles forever :)

Edited by Kiaru

I get it that you don't like a specific Alliance due to their past history or the sort... 

What I don't get is that you call them greedy because they do not allow you to make more money than you should.

I think you're misunderstanding something here.  SoV makes nothing off of the Solar Rail on Pluto.  Nada, zilch, absolutely 0.  Even now the leader has come in to say he refuses to tax in preparation for fighting Eclipse, as he gave his word that he would keep it at 0 taxes until he loses it.

Eclipse currently owns roughly 8~ rails all at 25% tax rates (and have spiked as high as 50% in the past I believe which they claimed was a bug), and is trying for more.

So 0% taxes are being attacked by 25% taxes, and somehow you think that Eclipse is preventing SoV from making money?  I think you have the story kind of backwards, and a non greedy clan is being attacked by a clan that already makes more than every other alliance together in the first place.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either party, I just like watching this story unfold.  I however, will most likely be siding with SoV out of personal interest (I don't want 25% taxes on my cash hog damn it!).  Doesn't mean I think what Eclipse is doing is wrong, or even bad.  But greed is definitely a huge portion of it (and greed is not something to be ashamed of, it's what drives us as humans).  People are just being silly and acting like greed is some new form of Satanic cult.

Edit:

No one from Eclipse has spammed the forums creating threads about other alliances/clans and DS. So we are not the source of the drama, its people who feel like its their job to go on a daily crusade against Eclipse that is the source of this forum drama.

Quit posting as I'm posting and making me edit QQ.

Anyway, you're still wrong.  Eclipse is already the largest alliance, and controller of dark sectors.  They're quickly taking over the most profitable of the dark sectors for their own basic greed.  This is an undeniable fact (you can use any pretty words you want, but this is being done for selfish reasons, greed being the near definition of).  That is why people are attacking the alliance.  If you weren't running around, throwing yourselves at anything you want like a child in a candy store, no one would be giving you a hard time in the first place.  But you know what?  If you have the power to take it all, take it all.  Show the world, but damn well man up and accept the role you put yourself in.  You don't need to beat around the bush about it.  "I wanted it, so I took it" is enough of a reason as any.  Trying to hide behind the shadows and act like it's not at all your own doing as you continue doing exactly what you're being called out for only makes the alliance appear cowardly and weak minded.

When you're top dog, you're top dog.  Let people come and try to topple or stop you, let them get riled up or upset.  It doesn't matter, at the end of the day your choices are your own, and people will always judge you for them.  Quit trying to play the good guy when your actions show differently.  Don't pretend you didn't bring any repercussions on yourself by your actions.

TL;DR: Quit acting like your actions are being blown out of proportion.  Your actions are your choices, and the drama is a direct reaction to your actions.  Therefore it is in fact your drama, and you have in fact stirred it up.  Man up, accept it, and beat down those who oppose it, or give them a damn hard time beating you down should you fail.  (and for the record, I meant the drama-esque feel of watching two opposing factions go at it, not this "QQ" crap that gets constantly posted).

Edited by Verazix

Let's go back to U13. It was new, and it was a matter of minutes until the rails were all going to deploy.

I was in a mission, quietly waiting. As soon as the first message showed up about dark sectors, I knew it was coming. Waves of messages about them deploying.

Eclipse started up, promising 0% tax. Conflicts opened up, and they say they would promise to keep their 0% tax, and were hoping people would fight for their cause.

We go now a day or two after they promised to keep their 0% tax. The conflict was over. We then see something different; High taxes. Very high. Highest of all the Dark Sectors out there. People weren't happy.

The next conflict, a day after. They are attacked, and the attacker sends a message to stop Eclipse's lying, and to stop the high taxes. Eclipse replies with "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". They were claiming they hadn't taxed.

They broke their promise from then on.

And that's what happened.

...they never promised 0% tax. If I may recall I think they said something of the lines of:

Free rail, play as you wish or "Fight for us for kitten prime!"

They always had their rail at 5%, then raised it for the reason of having their Taxes locked during conflicts. After further research they found out that the tax does NOT take away the end game credit reward but instead takes the ones you earn in the missions, let's say you get 100 credits from enemies eclipse would take 5% of that. So 5 credits. So they raised it to 25 seeing as it has little to no harm, and it's been like that ever since. 

cqwWCKH.gif

^ECLIPSE                                                                                                      YOU>

Please, change that last part of "my" line to...

"It's on."

Edit:

You still haven't answered my question.

Edited by maikkeli31

Greetings Tenno,

I respect your sentiments on this, but when we took and held the Pluto rails we promised the community that we would keep them tax free as long as we were in control of them. If we lose the rail, we do so with our character intact, our promises kept, and our integrity unquestioned.

Victory to you always, Tenno.

- Salishaz, Warlord of the Shadows of Vengeance.

Bruh. I've been looking for you. Props for all the good S#&$ you've done. You've got my support, and most of my Alliance's. Win or lose, I promise you that Eclipse is gonna leave bloody.

So if someone says one thing and finds out that doing that thing is nonviable and they have to change their plans, then they are liars? I wonder how some of you live in your own little disney channel like worlds.

not to be rude but did you even read my post, here's a part I posted a few posts ago. ill underline it and bold it fot you.

oh please this has been explained a thousand time in other threads, but fine here it is again. they said they'd put it at 0% tax on their nodes and did in no way did they say ingame they were going to tax them. so they put the taxes at 25% , to "make up for this" as they said it in the forums "make up for all the attacks and lost nodes." thats why some see them as lairs and greedy. are they telling the true? I don't know, ether way they want at it the wrong way, making one of the highest taxed node in the game at what could of been one of the best nodes to run, but it not now.

i myself would of trusted them if they only taxed about 10-15% but 25% is a little absurd. eris is better to run, which is sad.

its more of a sin that they didn't even try to relay this in game and can easily do so by changing the node message.

Edited by junothefox

What's wrong with taxes? Most of us are already drowning in credits.

The issue with taxes is that we've seen proof they aren't needed aside from those that want to control a majority of the rails by themselves and then encourage war profiteering with high combat pay to those that rake all the reward in the 12 hour conflict. If it paid for other services to the entire community they'd be more justified but aside from it being blood money it doesn't.