The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know Hes A Beginner Frame But Come On

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Vargras People comment what hey prefer, at the moment im concerned that my starter frame is not the balanced guy i though he was. Radial Javelin is kinda worthless after lv 20  or so, Slash dash is meh and Superjump is worthless and lacks any practical use.

Hows a Warframe whit only one (Radial Blind) usefull ability balanced?

Also DE already said Ash and Banshee are getting reworks next so people calm down, and even Saryn is more usefull tan Excalibro, wich is sad.

Lemme break this down.

Radial Javelin is kinda worthless after lv 20  or so

So is every other ult without utility.

Slash dash is meh

Deals damage and also causes horizontal movement, in a game in which mobility is very important.

Superjump is worthless and lacks any practical use

Help makes Excalibur even more mobile, in a game in which mobility is very important.

The issue is not Excalibur. The issue is that you're not playing him to his full potential, and you're pinning the blame on the frame.

and even Saryn is more usefull tan Excalibro

I'm dying.

Edited by Vargras

Vargras People comment what hey prefer, at the moment im concerned that my starter frame is not the balanced guy i though he was. Radial Javelin is kinda worthless after lv 20  or so, Slash dash is meh and Superjump is worthless and lacks any practical use.

Hows a Warframe whit only one (Radial Blind) usefull ability balanced?

Also DE already said Ash and Banshee are getting reworks next so people calm down, and even Saryn is more usefull tan Excalibro, wich is sad.

this and how can you call frames balanced when certain frames have 3-4 skills that are viable at any time and level while others have 1-2 skills viable

trinity= blessing/link/energy vampire that's 3 skills viable at any level

then you got lets say Excalibur since this topic is about him

radial blind: yep one ability that's usefull

lets see slash dash er its not viable at mid-high levels even falls off quickly at lower levels

super jump right yer that's usefull

radial javelin=damage is medicore, no cc, casting time causes damage still,max amount of enmies, doesn't even kill those closest or those you want so its highly unreliable

All I'm getting out of this topic is that there's a lot of people who think frames are underpowered, and they just aren't playing them to their full potential.

Sorry that Excalibur isn't as straightforward as "press this button to kill things".

Vargras Ok let me get this straight.

Radial Javelin: so because all ults without utility are bad means he also has to be bad? if we compare it to other Damage focused ultis Radial Javelin still falls short mainly cause its long &#! cast animation and its mediocre damage for an ult. Mprime, has the slow and chained damage, World on fire is lethal even on high level content as a single target can get hit by multiple  explotions, Volt Overload has a nice starting damage that drastically increases if you have a room whit electronics. SO yeah Excal ult is still worthless compared to other Full damage ults.

Slash dash: I know thats why i didnt touched that much, some some minor tweacks.

Superjump: Sincé your not Zephyr you wont be able to move yourself mid flight. Its worhtless

And maybe i got a bit out there whit Saryn but still i would prefer to play her tan Excalibur.

And where does that coment that im a press-4-to-winner? I hate that mentality, main reason i dont even bother whit Nova. Did you even read my thread? did you saw what i was suggesting? im giving Excalibur more UTILITY and better flow between abilities not damage.

Seriously read the thread before you comment on it!

Vargras Ok let me get this straight.

Radial Javelin: so because all ults without utility are bad means he also has to be bad? if we compare it to other Damage focused ultis Radial Javelin still falls short mainly cause its long &#! cast animation and its mediocre damage for an ult. Mprime, has the slow and chained damage, World on fire is lethal even on high level content as a single target can get hit by multiple  explotions, Volt Overload has a nice starting damage that drastically increases if you have a room whit electronics. SO yeah Excal ult is still worthless compared to other Full damage ults.

Slash dash: I know thats why i didnt touched that much, some some minor tweacks.

Superjump: Sincé your not Zephyr you wont be able to move yourself mid flight. Its worhtless

And maybe i got a bit out there whit Saryn but still i would prefer to play her tan Excalibur.

And where does that coment that im a press-4-to-winner? I hate that mentality, main reason i dont even bother whit Nova. Did you even read my thread? did you saw what i was suggesting? im giving Excalibur more UTILITY and better flow between abilities not damage.

Seriously read the thread before you comment on it!

You lost all credibility the moment you said Saryn was more useful than Excalibur (seriously, what), but I'll answer you anyways.

M Prime? Has utility, via the slow and damage debuff. Overload? Utility via stun. Radial Javelin is mechanically different than World on Fire, as targets can only be hit once by Javelin (unless you've got a Mag using Bullet Attractor).

Can't control yourself during Super Jump? That's why you set yourself up for the jump beforehand, so you land where you want. That, and you could always just Slash Dash in midair to change directions or help get you where you want to go.

Excalibur, as a whole, is fine. Rather than looking at abilities and saying "this sucks, it needs to change", maybe you should go figure out everything the kit is capable of.

All I'm getting out of this topic is that there's a lot of people who think frames are underpowered, and they just aren't playing them to their full potential.

Sorry that Excalibur isn't as straightforward as "press this button to kill things".

They aren't thinking of abilities in any terms other than damage.

Slash Dash is fast, does decent damage for a first ability, and gives a lot of horizontal movement..

Radial Blind is one of the most effective AoE CC skills in the game.

Super Jump is a valuable mobility tool with a low cost and high utility.

Radial Javelin is just straight damage, and falls off just like every other raw-damage skill in the game.

They aren't thinking of abilities in any terms other than damage.

Slash Dash is fast, does decent damage for a first ability, and gives a lot of horizontal movement..

Radial Blind is one of the most effective AoE CC skills in the game.

Super Jump is a valuable mobility tool with a low cost and high utility.

Radial Javelin is just straight damage, and falls off just like every other raw-damage skill in the game.

I'm all too aware, and I even mentioned the mobility he has in a previous post of mine.

Seems like that didn't get through, though.

As I tried every frame, I must admit that Excalibur wasn't really causing that "WOW" effect upon the first usage. I was pretty stunned by mag's first ability. Even loki is quite acceptable, even squishy for beginners (get some energy or try dying).

But exca wasn't really enjoyable for me.

I decided to sell him and reserve his slot for another warframe.

I'm all too aware, and I even mentioned the mobility he has in a previous post of mine.

Seems like that didn't get through, though.

Vargras, did you know that Excalibur is very mobile?

Maybe we should bring that up!

Radial javelin is his only skill that needs completely revamped, it's complete and utter trash. Slash dash is fine compared to other nukes(I personally think pretty much all nukes in this game need to somehow scale to be competitive vs level 50+ enemies) and the dash is awesome for closing gaps, dashing through mobs, and dashing over huge gaps in terrain.  Super jump is great utility. Blind is extremely strong and borderline, if not overpowered.

I really like him, he's well rounded and pretty fun. I just want his ultimate completely revamped/buffed, his ultimate being as bad is it is makes him pretty meh to play and isn't something I'd want to play over other frames.

You lost all credibility the moment you said Saryn was more useful than Excalibur (seriously, what), but I'll answer you anyways.

M Prime? Has utility, via the slow and damage debuff. Overload? Utility via stun. Radial Javelin is mechanically different than World on Fire, as targets can only be hit once by Javelin (unless you've got a Mag using Bullet Attractor).

Can't control yourself during Super Jump? That's why you set yourself up for the jump beforehand, so you land where you want. That, and you could always just Slash Dash in midair to change directions or help get you where you want to go.

Excalibur, as a whole, is fine. Rather than looking at abilities and saying "this sucks, it needs to change", maybe you should go figure out everything the kit is capable of.

Why would you use Super jump over a quick wall run seriously, there is no time where Superjump could used instead of a wallrun or even Bounce, and people only use bounce for trolling (well mostly).

Radial Javelin can only hit a single target per javeling and its damage is not even that great, not to mention the SLOOOW animation leaves you wide open for counter attack and doesnt have any kind of CC, it just takes too much for nothing. Hell even World on Fire has more utility since targets can panic due to fire proc. Is not much but is more than anything Radial Javelin can do.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

You seem to be missing the whole concept behind Super Jump, it's a fairly useful ability with an extremely low casting cost.  As an avid user of wallruns and walljumps I still love Super Jump for a lot of reasons;  It offers far greater short term vertical mobility than a walljump.  It can actually be used in conjunction with walljumps/wallruns to get ever greater effect off of them.  It doesn't need a wall!

Seriously, Super Jump is fine as is.  That being said I would personally prefer to see its height modified by +Duration rather than +Strength seeing as it would make building for him a touch simpler.  Slash Dash is a 1 skill, so its generally gonna be lackluster like a majority of 1s are, and we all know... or should know that Radial Blind is in a good/slightly broken place.

The only thing that could be looked at is Radial Javelin, but I'm torn on what I'd like to see happen with it.

Edited by (PS4)Bobtm0

Why would you use Super jump over a quick wall run seriously, there is no time where Superjump could used instead of a wallrun or even Bounce, and people only use bounce for trolling (well mostly).

Super Jump is boosted by power strength and can go much higher and farther than a single wallclimb or Bounce.  Your authoritative tone combined with your lack of experience make for some pretty toxic posts.  You should also probably read the wiki before posting about anything.

Good luck using a wall run in places where there are no walls.

Ezren 

- Slash dash: i just made it so it has proc chance and increased damage based onyour melee, because you know hes suposed to be a Melee centric warframe.

- Radial Blind: when did i said it was bad?

- Super jump: tell me one place where i have to use Super Jump in order to get  to a higher place. A place where i MUST use Super Jump.

- Radial Javelin: Its not just the damage, its a lackluster ult that has nothing special about it, even the  pure damage ults have some kind of trick that makes them usefull when the situation is right where Radial Blind is comepletely worthless in all áreas.

100th comment yay.

However, i agree with you on many skills change but here, have my thoughts:

Slash Dash: everyone who wants to change exca has proposed something similar to you:

Adding a % of damage to the skill based on how much damage the melee weapon deals.

having a 100% slash proc on the first enemy and the other procs are decided based on the weapon status chance.

Radial blind: all knows this skill is quite broken both for the CC and multiplier, no need to touch it yet.

Super jump: In my opinion there is no reason to completely change this skill, but it could use a rework similar to the zephyr's Tail Wind:

halving the cost of the ability.

Activating the skill while on ground causes you to jump for X amount of meters an having a higher degree of control of your jump trajectory.

Activating the skill mid-air causes your exca to proc a similar effect of Heavy Impact upon landing this effect knocks down enemies inside a certain radius.

Radial Javelin: A similar concept to your idea but with some minor tweaks.

Either:

A) the javelins gain infinite punch through and always impale enemies to the walls/ceilings/etc. even if still alive

B) Mirroring the slash dash buff give it a % of javelin damage that can be increased by the melee weapon mods.