The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Why I Like Eclipse

CryoClaw

They take money from Tenno through exorbitant taxes, and then give some of it back through Battle Pay. This tricks some people into thinking Eclipse is awesome, when in reality it should be our money to begin with. We would be much better served with a 0-5% tax rail than with Eclipse.

Sry but how stupid is that??? U ever ask yourself why this Missions have so high Credit Rewards? Because it was planned to set taxes on it!!!

If everybody says: "Ok we stop fighting the Rails with 0%tax and make them all free." The DS-System failed and u can remove it.

The Dark Sectors was created to fight for them. For this Fights u need Money thats why taxes exist. The Players of the Alliances have nothing from it they have not more Credits or Ressources. The Money in the Alliance Vault is only for making/repairing Solar Rails and give Battle Pays out.

Thats all!!!

If u dont make these fights the DS can be deleted by DE again because all that we have without fighting are normal Missions and if they return to normal Missions DE wil set new lower Credit Rewards btw even with taxes of 50% u make more Money be happy about that and stop crying.

U guys really believe that DE planned to make Missions that makes everyone rich like this in a few Hours that Credits are worthless maybe DE should delete Credits in this game(sacarsm).

What is the principle of "Dark Sectors"??? U guys should think about it and i´m sure it´s not to give us "free" easy Infested Missions with Ressources and EXP boost that make us rich to make this game easier that it will be boring after a short while.

Edited by Psycho1848

Our alliance was almost winning from them on an attack. ALMOST. And when we were at 30%, they put in a 15k pay. So no. I dont like Eclipse, even if this doesnt have to do anything with fairness.

Thats called butthurt lol.

And that was TW Alliance that was baiting and switching people with battle pay, not Eclipse.  Also its nice to see at least one positive Eclipse thread even tho some people seem determined to ruin it.

Nobody here is saying all rails should be free. They're saying that Eclipse's taxes are really high compared to what the market considers fair.

I get that you need that tax rate to dump millions of credits in battle pay and repairs for your rails. If you were willing to let some other alliances and clans take a few of your nodes you'd be able to lower taxes because you wouldn't be overextended.

Just something to consider.

Do you even Math Bro?

A dark sector defense mission rewards you with around 40k mission reward bonus no matter how long you run it.

5 minutes = 40k, 70 minutes = 40k.

Eclipse currently has a 25% Tax rate.

So lets do the math!

X  .25

So for your 5 or 100 minutes of work, the tribute tax takes 10k.

So you get 30,000 for your effort.

Later when the node is contested Eclipse wants to quickly Open it back up, how do they do this?

They offer very attractive Battle Pay.

So, lets pretend we give out a modest 20,000 per Battle Pay.

Now think, that is 20,000  that is 2 people's tax right there paying for 1 run, going to 1 person.

And Eclipse sets that ticket count to 1000 Runs at 20,000 a run.

lets do the math again!

So thats 20 million credits we just put out there, back into the community.

A contested run may take a fast person 1-2 minutes to complete.

That person made 20,000 per minute or two...for as long as they want to keep repeating the process or until they have totally opened up the Dark Sector again for more runs, this is the ideal situation. 

In some cases we offer a great battle pay for a period of time to achieve a lead, to get a safe zone and we then lower the pay to a respective amount, such as like 10k or 15k for the remaining time.

Do the math...

20k per minute...

VS

40k per five or five hundred minutes?

In five minutes time running the contested rails you could earn upwards of

100,000 credits...

That is 100k in FIVE minutes,

Vs

A static set number..40k for five minutes.

How is this a bad situation for anyone involved?

Nobody here is saying all rails should be free. They're saying that Eclipse's taxes are really high compared to what the market considers fair.

I get that you need that tax rate to dump millions of credits in battle pay and repairs for your rails. If you were willing to let some other alliances and clans take a few of your nodes you'd be able to lower taxes because you wouldn't be overextended.

What the...

Just a little example for u

1Rail (15%tax) make 20kk Credits between fights need 7,5-15kk to repair the Rail rest is for BPay

2Rails (15%tax) make 40kk Credits between fights need 15-30kk to repair the Rails rest is for BPay (for two Rails)

5Rails (15%tax) make 100kk Credits between fights need 37.5-70kk to repair the Rails rest is for BPay (for five Rails)

Now my Question: Where is the different between how many Rails they have?

Do you even Math Bro?

Y'all are implying everyone has a credit booster. Since DS missions double with boosters and battle pay doesn't, it's actually an even better deal (if you don't have a booster) considering how fast those missions are.

Edited by VegetableBasket

The difference comes when they don't have a giant glowing target on their back any more. If they aren't under constant nonstop heavy assault they don't need their 25% public tax nearly as much.

This isn't just a matter of math. The economic damage of a bad rep and offering huge pay to help compensate is part of Eclipse's issue. Having only 2-3 rails that are in demand would be better than defending 8 that aren't necessarily all earning at the same rates.

Edited by Revenant102

I like how the majority of the people here hating on us are all acting like they 1. Don't have credits to just piss away, and 2. Think this is some socioeconomic crisis brought on by a monopolizing conglomerate bent on destroying the economy.

I don't involve myself in the maintenance of the Alliance. I just fight for our towers whenever they're contested. I make nothing from the venture, save another opportunity to farm fun enemies with skewed drop rates.

The whole point of DSs are for players to control their own slice of the star map. If you don't like us, then overthrow us. Simple as that. We became the Goons of Warframe because we wanted to. I won't pretend to know why this makes so many people so upset.

I like how the majority of the people here hating on us are all acting like they 1. Don't have credits to just &!$$ away, and 2. Think this is some socioeconomic crisis brought on by a monopolizing conglomerate bent on destroying the economy.

kLwk4QP.jpg
But seriously, I don't understand why people have their cheeks clenched so tightly when it comes to the Rails, either. Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Eclipse made themselves the villain through bad PR. First people were upset because the tax rate was 25% on their nodes. That's more of a grumble issue than anything, and they should have responded by lowering to 10 to 15% and used it to create a little good will. Instead they attack a 0% node who's whole thing is swearing to never tax the node. They became the villain in an 80s movie. The big corporate monster coming to crush the little guy. That pretty much solidified the resistance.

Eclipse made themselves the villain through bad PR. First people were upset because the tax rate was 25% on their nodes. That's more of a grumble issue than anything, and they should have responded by lowering to 10 to 15% and used it to create a little good will. Instead they attack a 0% node who's whole thing is swearing to never tax the node. They became the villain in an 80s movie. The big corporate monster coming to crush the little guy. That pretty much solidified the resistance.

0503_a4c5.gif

They have earned a supporter.

And the community responded by holding a break dance competition to save the community center. More or less.

lol exactly. It's a basic story archetype and given that this is all about escapism your gonna have plenty of people who want to take down Eclipse Co. and keep the community center open. You'll also have people that are playing the evil gang or corporate thugs. Guns for hire who don't care if the kids don't have a place to go after school. The only bad thing is if your in Eclipse and the story was all about your fight to save the universe. Now your cast as the bad guy.

How so? They made it so the fights won't last long enough. The Solar Rail's health is ridiculously low now.

P.S: I wanted to be a millioner too!

You missed one rail conflict. There will be more.

If you're after credits then farm the tax-free pluto dark sector.

Then the market needs to get it's act together and organise itself to take on Eclipse. Eclipse's dominant position looks to be because the majority of the clans and Alliances can't organise a piss up in a brewery, let alone take the fight to Eclipse, the Shadows of Vengeance defended their Pluto Rail from Eclipse only a day ago, and they were a 0% tax Clan/ Alliance, with fewer members, yet appealed for help and organised the Defence of the Pluto Rail. It can be done. Most just lack the will to do so, and whine on how unfair it is instead. 

There are real issues with the battle pay system, which is open to abuse, even if clans don't intentionally want people to lose out on battle pay Clan and alliance members want to actually play the game, not sit there manually re setting the battle pay every 500 tickets, and that needs to be addressed fast. 

This is the same issue that we all encounter on Potato invasions, it can be gone in less than 40 minutes. I really am amazed it took DE this long to actually accept that there is an issue, when they were content to stick their fingers in their ears previously by the look of how long it took to fix the speed which valuable invasion rewards disappeared.  

im certain that as long as there are other free or cheap rails eclipse wont really lose on any of their held rails. its possible they are making bank just because players feels comfortable running the rails they always did, even with 25% tax.

the only thing that everyone was interested in was other rails that could be grinded on for more credit, in the end there was nothing but greed to fight off eclipse's greed.